Opinion Kyle Flanagan deserves another chance.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is not the answer.I think he would be suited to super league.He is not nrl standard .let's move on.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep give him another go in another few weeks , after origin at least.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need someone who does more than pass the ball. He is slow and has no running game so no threat to the line at all. Remember attack is our BIG problem. If we were happy to have a half who simply passed the ball we might as well have kept Cogger on much lower money. Johnson is a much more dangerous half and will come much cheaper now. He would also give Burton the support he will need in his first year of regular first grade as a playmaker. Under pressure Johnson will stand up while Flanagan has already shown he can't handle it. If we sign Johnson then Flanagan will move on for sure and we'll get most of our money refunded.

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest, he has psychological issues. He never got over being dropped at the chooks. He mentioned it twice or three times in interviews in pre season as if to say I'm motivated to prove people wrong or to prove to himself he is better than what he actually is. Almost a cry for help. Hopefully he finds the help he needs. If he is in fact the player that the club believes he is, well then he can show us and prove it in the lower grades where he deserves to be for now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Him not playing has to be either the club trying to force him out or him being a sook refusing to play reserve grade would love to know what’s going on
Or possibly his mental health was shot and Barrett has given him a rest. We all forget he's really young and Roosters built him up to only kick him to the curb... Then cue our media team hyping him up with the same interviews over and over again "I can't wait to lead the Bulldogs"... I feel like the club's realised they placed to much pressure on the boy. Could be wrong but just the way I see it

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where the fuck is he? Hasn’t been sighted since he was dropped.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or possibly his mental health was shot and Barrett has given him a rest. We all forget he's really young and Roosters built him up to only kick him to the curb... Then cue our media team hyping him up with the same interviews over and over again "I can't wait to lead the Bulldogs"... I feel like the club's realised they placed to much pressure on the boy. Could be wrong but just the way I see it
Could be true,id like to see him play reserves to fight his way in

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest, he has psychological issues. He never got over being dropped at the chooks. He mentioned it twice or three times in interviews in pre season as if to say I'm motivated to prove people wrong or to prove to himself he is better than what he actually is. Almost a cry for help. Hopefully he finds the help he needs. If he is in fact the player that the club believes he is, well then he can show us and prove it in the lower grades where he deserves to be for now.
I think this is spot on. The club isn't going to talk about it any further after the mess of a few weeks ago. If there's no injury there's no other explanation. His old man also didn't help the matter by mentioning it in interviews and in his time at the sharks he was probably shielded by his old man or others who knew him. Some of the best players in the game have been dropped at various times and he's no different.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He deserves nothing. Get him out of the club asap.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think he's being protected. We saw what was happening in FG without any players doing their jobs. He got eaten up. Geez, opposison thinking, who do we tackle? I know the only half in the team. Why continue with it. Similar to what some are saying now in that it was good Burton didn't come this year. Protect him in reggies, focus on all the skills he's lacking, find a fukin kicking game, get some confidence and spare him the loser attitude of our FG team. Bring him back in with a new team next year with hopefully a new attitude..... Maybe that's what the theory is?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Him not playing has to be either the club trying to force him out or him being a sook refusing to play reserve grade would love to know what’s going on
If he refuses to play reserve grade then he should have his contract torn up. You do what you are told or leave.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think he's being protected. We saw what was happening in FG without any players doing their jobs. He got eaten up. Geez, opposison thinking, who do we tackle? I know the only half in the team. Why continue with it. Similar to what some are saying now in that it was good Burton didn't come this year. Protect him in reggies, focus on all the skills he's lacking, find a fukin kicking game, get some confidence and spare him the loser attitude of our FG team. Bring him back in with a new team next year with hopefully a new attitude..... Maybe that's what the theory is?
It might be the theory but it (probably) wont work.

He probably isn't capable of rising to the occasion at this time, or near future...in a team like ours is, now, or next year.

The pressure is too great bc he is not a good fit with Burton who will get all the press attention and accolades, if he goes well, thus further eroding Flanno's confidence and ability.

Last night showed how close Flanno's game is to May's.

In another team, he may go well like Dragons or Raiders but not us.

Best not to ruin his future, and also stuff up our 2022 pre-season at the same time, and for the player and club to cut their losses.

Means we are giving up on developing him but it is clear that Barrett is not the kind of halves development coach we thought he was and that Barrett has too many other pressing problems in getting the team right, than concentrating on this one player.

Let's not forget he has his own father as a premiership winning coach teaching him, and if Flanno Snr cant help him develop into the dominating, running half needed in 6again footy, then its not as tho Flanno is lost in the woods without help. Apparently a good go by Robinson and Cronk couldn't help him either.

Best of luck to him but it just hasn't, and isn't, going to work out for him or us.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It might be the theory but it (probably) wont work.

He probably isn't capable of rising to the occasion at this time, or near future...in a team like ours is, now, or next year.

The pressure is too great bc he is not a good fit with Burton who will get all the press attention and accolades, if he goes well, thus further eroding Flanno's confidence and ability.

Last night showed how close Flanno's game is to May's.

In another team, he may go well like Dragons or Raiders but not us.

Best not to ruin his future, and also stuff up our 2022 pre-season at the same time, and for the player and club to cut their losses.

Means we are giving up on developing him but it is clear that Barrett is not the kind of halves development coach we thought he was and that Barrett has too many other pressing problems in getting the team right, than concentrating on this one player.

Let's not forget he has his own father as a premiership winning coach teaching him, and if Flanno Snr cant help him develop into the dominating, running half needed in 6again footy, then its not as tho Flanno is lost in the woods without help. Apparently a good go by Robinson and Cronk couldn't help him either.

Best of luck to him but it just hasn't, and isn't, going to work out for him or us.
If that's the case then why did we get him?

He's had one chance. Admittedly he has an enormous distance to cover to be FG however I would hate for us to wash our hands after 1 go then see him build into a quality half for the next 10 years.

He had zero help in the FG team, no forwards doing there jobs and no other half doing there share, the major alarm for me was no kicking game. Avo's still running around and he's done nothing at all. Living off the circle jerk from TK on stuff we've never seen. Another Mbye at this stage.

They can flick him if they think he's got nothing at all, but that makes us worse then the Rorters. Once again, why the fuk did they sign the kid?