Opinion Kyle Flanagan deserves another chance.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If that's the case then why did we get him?

He's had one chance. Admittedly he has an enormous distance to cover to be FG however I would hate for us to wash our hands after 1 go then see him build into a quality half for the next 10 years.

He had zero help in the FG team, no forwards doing there jobs and no other half doing there share, the major alarm for me was no kicking game. Avo's still running around and he's done nothing at all. Living off the circle jerk from TK on stuff we've never seen. Another Mbye at this stage.

They can flick him if they think he's got nothing at all, but that makes us worse then the Rorters. Once again, why the fuk did they sign the kid?
Yeah I agree its harsh and I have reservations on Barrett's assessment of players.

Baz thought he was another Cleary. I can't see it. Even 4 years ago when Cleary first came to prominence, it was evident he had the core skills. I don't see that with Flanno. He doesnt seem to have much to fall back on.

Not bagging him as he could probably do well with a team like Dragons etc who share the work and point of attack.

Baz has been too rose coloured glasses with a few of his signings...certainly hasnt got the best out of them.

I'm thinking as much for the kids future as much as for our club.

Avo should be FB.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah I agree its harsh and I have reservations on Barrett's assessment of players.

Baz thought he was another Cleary. I can't see it. Even 4 years ago when Cleary first came to prominence, it was evident he had the core skills. I don't see that with Flanno. He doesnt seem to have much to fall back on.

Not bagging him as he could probably do well with a team like Dragons etc who share the work and point of attack.

Baz has been too rose coloured glasses with a few of his signings...certainly hasnt got the best out of them.

I'm thinking as much for the kids future as much as for our club.

Avo should be FB.
Avo def FB or nothing.

I just don't see how our bright club signs a young half, touting him as our 7 for the next decade, give him less then half a season and then kerb him?

Shite talent spotting if this unfolds this way and very troubling moving forward, it's a huge fuk up IMO.

I'm guilty of hating the Rorters that much that I can't even stomach to watch their games, that's my excuse. Surely Flanno wasn't this bad with them? Sure they blamed him for the GF but I think they were harsh and pretty thin with that brush.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Avo def FB or nothing.

I just don't see how our bright club signs a young half, touting him as our 7 for the next decade, give him less then half a season and then kerb him?

Shite talent spotting if this unfolds this way and very troubling moving forward, it's a huge fuk up IMO.

I'm guilty of hating the Rorters that much that I can't even stomach to watch their games, that's my excuse. Surely Flanno wasn't this bad with them? Sure they blamed him for the GF but I think they were harsh and pretty thin with that brush.
They had Walker and thought let Flanno go while there's a big demand for halves this year? Some said he was dudded by them as a stop gap measure anyway.

At least no one can say that about us. We only have 1 half coming next year and not Keary to play alongside. They trampled all over Pearce as well.

Its terribly harsh but these players, its great money and hard physical yakka for your trouble, but you have to earn it and it's performance based.

We all realise this club is down the bottom of the pile bc of overpaying and not being tough or professional enough in its dealings with players.

Flanno knew the criticisms of his game. It happened over several weeks as the pressure mounted and the spotlight was firmly on him to offer the team more. He didn't take on the challenge.

Not blaming him solely but this team must be firmly lead. If he can't to that then he is better off at a team who isn't so reliant and has other attacking options.

From his pov, his career could be best served elsewhere.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
They had Walker and thought let Flanno go while there's a big demand for halves this year? Some said he was dudded by them as a stop gap measure anyway.

At least no one can say that about us. We only have 1 half coming next year and not Keary to play alongside. They trampled all over Pearce as well.

Its terribly harsh but these players, its great money and hard physical yakka for your trouble, but you have to earn it and it's performance based.

We all realise this club is down the bottom of the pile bc of overpaying and not being tough or professional enough in its dealings with players.

Flanno knew the criticisms of his game. It happened over several weeks as the pressure mounted and the spotlight was firmly on him to offer the team more. He didn't take on the challenge.

Not blaming him solely but this team must be firmly lead. If he can't to that then he is better off at a team who isn't so reliant and has other attacking options.

From his pov, his career could be best served elsewhere.
People say stop gap at the rorters but didn't they give him a 3 year contract? 3 years is not stop gap time though

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People say stop gap at the rorters but didn't they give him a 3 year contract? 3 years is not stop gap time though
I read where they had every intention of selling him off early after 1-2 years bc of Walker? Just offered 3 years bc they had too. His Dad alluded to it I believe.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I read where they had every intention of selling him off early after 1-2 years bc of Walker? Just offered 3 years bc they had too. His Dad alluded to it I believe.
Oh really, that's ordinary. Yeah well, either way there's a massive question mark hanging over this signing. Tbaz and his blokes should have known everything before even making the signing. RL is a small pond, looking unacceptable.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh really, that's ordinary. Yeah well, either way there's a massive question mark hanging over this signing. Tbaz and his blokes should have known everything before even making the signing. RL is a small pond, looking unacceptable.
Baz was over the moon. Said he had earmarked him for the following year to try and get him and when he became available, he snapped him up.

So this was thought out.

How well is the debatable bit.

I guess Robinson and Cronk weren't going to give Baz any pointers but Flanno's game was known.

Not good for the kid, and of course all the Bulldogs fault(as usual) but his form is not up to scratch for 6again footy. What do we do if he can't execute in a struggling team like ours. Even next year we will not be Top 8 consistency more than likely :(

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan is that u? Kyle doesn’t deserve shit. He needs to earn his way back & he hasn’t even started doin that yet.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Him not playing has to be either the club trying to force him out or him being a sook refusing to play reserve grade would love to know what’s going on
I didn’t think a player could just refuse to play for Mounties if their not selected in the top team.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say give him another chance if he could at least kick on the last effectively. But I can honestly remember more times he's shit himself and passed to someone that can't kick at all on the last, keep him away till he learns. Has flannos mum found her way on here yet?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Flanagan can come good, he is only young and has only played 32 first grade games. with avo's steady improvement i think he can return and play well
the pressure of the loses got to him a bit but first game against the knights he played well
It's too early to give up on him, he does have the skills to be a special halfback.
What worries me about him is his fear of failure affecting his game...It's a mental issue !!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's too early to give up on him, he does have the skills to be a special halfback.
What worries me about him is his fear of failure affecting his game...It's a mental issue !!!
Agreed hes worth working on i feel time in reserves will be good for him if he lets his ego accept that