Opinion Kyle Flanagan deserves another chance.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don’t know what it says about Barrett for a half to regress so much under his watch when he is supposed to have a focus on developing halves.
It's not going to plan but seems unfair to put too much blame on Baz for Flanno's form. The blame is in thinking he was the next Cleary.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanagan was also released by the Roosters because of concerns about his form. Let's not pretend like he was a prized recruit we stole from them
I’m not saying he was a prized recruit but you’d think he would have at least have stayed at the level he was at. If anything he’s gotten worse under Barrett.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not going to plan but seems unfair to put too much blame on Baz for Flanno's form. The blame is in thinking he was the next Cleary.
That says something about Barrett though he was willing to base our whole attack around someone that really wasn’t up to it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t know what it says about Barrett for a half to regress so much under his watch when he is supposed to have a focus on developing halves.
Was Flanno ever that good though?

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He deserves another chance on the bench in reserve grade if he’s lucky

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That says something about Barrett though he was willing to base our whole attack around someone that really wasn’t up to it.
Very true but Baz was naive to say the least to not be wary about Rorters dumping him.

Getting used to our poor talent identification and more dead sc money outlays :(

Far out. When are we gonna have a lean and mean value added roster with no excess to requirements and plodders.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only ones that deserve a chance are Atoni manu heleta and that hooker

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really but that’s not my point. It’s the fact he’s going backwards under Barrett.
I guess Barrett realized there wasn't much to work with.

I cant say he has regressed tbh because hard to see if he was ever any better... I questioned how overrated he was way back in that NSW cup final for the jets v dogs and he didnt impress me then.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis and Flanno showing us why they're in reserve grade.

Why is Watson Heleta not a forward? Bloke would probably get a run as a lock these days.
What was that you said about playing Heleta through the middle?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if he struggled in a team as strong as the Roosters what chance will he have in a team like ours?
The club took a chance and it has blown up in their face spectacularly. We can mitigate this disaster by signing Johnson as a bridge halfback for the next couple of years

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watson haleta and topine very good ,standard pretty ordinary tbh

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flano surly won’t see another grade appearance… he is beyond shocking, yes it’s been 4 weeks but wow he has gone 10 steps back. With a diff half game should have been over by half time

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only JRL but junior cricket as well. I remember a father umpiring from the end his son was bowling at. Took 70 wickets most seasons with over half of them LBW's.

When he went to grade with proper badged umpires the friendly decisions dried up. He had not learnt alternative ways of taking wickets and after 2 seasons where he never got promoted out of 5th grade he was never seen again.

Father ruined his career.
Did he play for Beverley Hills by chance!!

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flano looked average today, Topine just competes both sides of the ball, needs a bit more size but was great today