Other News Source Dufty to Dogs on 3 year deal

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres a rare number of quality fullbacks available, this lad is one of them, hes an xfactor, we d be as stupid to not make a play for him as the Dragons are for letting him go.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d have him.

He generates points.

Makes s a huge difference to your mindset, and quite frankly it’s lot easier to tackle your arse off in games when you know you can score points when you finally get the ball back.
We haven’t had that ability since Barba left.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Send DWZ to the tigers.
Sign Dufty.
Send Corey Allen up to QLD for a forward.
Corey Allan always fishing with Connor Tracey... Sharks don't have much centre depth, id try make a trade that way if possible also

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Corey Allan always fishing with Connor Tracey... Sharks don't have much centre depth, id try make a trade that way if possible also
And what forward would you try get from sharks Tolman woods or fifita? Fuck that

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I cant understand why some people want DWZ gone. He is probably our best player this year.
I know he threw a wayward pass in one game but all players do that at some stage.
Makes me wonder why our least performing players are not considered for release.
There's quite a few I would release before DWZ. The only upside to releasing him is to
salvage his salary to use on another player.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I cant understand why some people want DWZ gone. He is probably our best player this year.
I know he threw a wayward pass in one game but all players do that at some stage.
Makes me wonder why our least performing players are not considered for release.
There's quite a few I would release before DWZ. The only upside to releasing him is to
Yes there's a few more. Man don't we churn players :(

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think you answered your own question in the last sentence
I agree, there are others I would be looking to get rid of, but unfortunately I’m guessing other clubs aren’t interested in our other rejects ie Elliott etc, and for some reason the Tigers want DWZ

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Theres a rare number of quality fullbacks available, this lad is one of them, hes an xfactor, we d be as stupid to not make a play for him as the Dragons are for letting him go.
No but he isn't a strong defender, all the tries the dragons have let in have come from Dufty alone. Don't worry if he'll add an average of 12 points a game to the teams tally every week, that's not important. Don't worry if he'll run for 150m on average every game, that's important. What's important is that he has only been effective for 78% of his tackles this year. He's missed on average 1 tackle per game. It would be a disaster if we sign him and he missed one tackle per game because our team currently make every single tackle and each player in our team averages two tries per game either by setting them up or scoring them themselves.

Look, I can handle people saying he's not good enough, but when they straight out say he's SHIT you have to just laugh. I'd probably even put Dufty ahead of 28 players in our current squad. Maybe only 2 players I wouldn't swap Dufty for. And this is being straight out honest.

So my answer to you is NO!!! we don't want a player that is going to guarantee you points every single game. No, we don't want points.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have way too many backs on the books and the majority of them are on massive overs

For Dufty to play FB we need to cull DWZ, Cotric, Allen and Hoppa and that leaves us with Dufty, JAC, Naden, Schoupp, Okunbor

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have way too many backs on the books and the majority of them are on massive overs

For Dufty to play FB we need to cull DWZ, Cotric, Allen and Hoppa and that leaves us with Dufty, JAC, Naden, Schoupp, Okunbor
Cotric ain't going anywhere, Allan unlikely, DWZ possibly and Hopoate already out the door. Even if we move DWZ on I wouldn't sign Dufty, JAC to fullback and bring Okunbor in.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cotric ain't going anywhere, Allan unlikely, DWZ possibly and Hopoate already out the door. Even if we move DWZ on I wouldn't sign Dufty, JAC to fullback and bring Okunbor in.
Yeah I think it will end up
1 Jac
2 Okunbor
3 Naden
4 Allan
5 Cotric

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah I think it will end up
1 Jac
2 Okunbor
3 Naden
4 Allan
5 Cotric
Most likely (If DWZ goes), I'd like to see Schoupp over Allan (2 game sample size, I could change my mind again before next year), Allan on good $ tho.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah i wouldn't play JAC at FB, as he is a winger.

So far been playing his entire NRL career as a winger, and is without doubt the best winger in the game

Worked well for us with Mbye, Bmoz, DWZ, Allen,etc....

Suggesting JAC at FB is totally absurd and dumb.. People pushing this idea are the same ones who said Cotric would transition into a representative centre, and would be the best centre to ever lace on the boots for the blue and whites.....

Enough is enough with the musical chairs at Belmore. It's time the club recruited players to play in the positions they have been playing in first grade

And in regards to fluffy dufty im not for or against it....Its getting the right balance across the team....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

And they're all shit, mostly.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah i wouldn't play JAC at FB, as he is a winger.

So far been playing his entire NRL career as a winger, and is without doubt the best winger in the game

Worked well for us with Mbye, Bmoz, DWZ, Allen,etc....

Suggesting JAC at FB is totally absurd and dumb.. People pushing this idea are the same ones who said Cotric would transition into a representative centre, and would be the best centre to ever lace on the boots for the blue and whites.....

Enough is enough with the musical chairs at Belmore. It's time the club recruited players to play in the positions they have been playing in first grade

And in regards to fluffy dufty im not for or against it....Its getting the right balance across the team....
He's our best option at fullback for next year at this stage imo and I think he'll go better than Dufty does.