Rumour Dufty in talks with the Bulldogs

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How often does Dufty play like this?
That's probably the best game of his career. He does have a few good games a year close to this tho. He's been pretty good this year offensively tbf. His biggest issues are defensively and possibly attitude (remember the Dragons want to get rid of him and it isn't because of his attacking ability).

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we are genuinely interested in Dufty.
After tonight’s game, I reckon he might get a call from Baz.
Come and tour Belmore over the weekend whilst we have the bye..
Announced next Wednesday.
I think the only way we don’t sign him is if Baz talks to JAC and JAC says he wants fullback.
We will know soonish I reckon
Who's running the Club? JAC?. Are you serious? We don't buy or not buy a proven tested dynamic fullback because a winger wants to try his hand. Did Belamey ever let JAC play FB?. Give me a break. How has that worked out for us given that Cotric wanted to try playing centre.
Dufty has already toured Belmore. We are in negotiations with his manager. So too are Tigers.
To me, given that we go into next season AGAIN without experienced halves, at least have a proper linking running fullback ffs.
Get it done.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who's running the Club? JAC?. Are you serious? We don't buy or not buy a proven tested dynamic fullback because a winger wants to try his hand. Did Belamey ever let JAC play FB?. Give me a break. How has that worked out for us given that Cotric wanted to try playing centre.
Dufty has already toured Belmore. We are in negotiations with his manager. So too are Tigers.
To me, given that we go into next season AGAIN without experienced halves, at least have a proper linking running fullback ffs.
Get it done.
(I don't want Dufty, but even if I did*) We bought Allan to play fullback, that's the mistake. Now we have to play a winger in JAC at fullback. Again, with the amount of backs on good money at the club we'd look very silly signing another one (unless we can move DWZ or Allan on). We need forwards.

Last edited:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A fit Okunbor runs rings around both schoupp/ Alamoti. If it wasnt for his indiscretions and his injury he'd have already broken out by now. I think he has the potential to be a future rep player
He has the physical attributes but he's really raw and unpolished, but let's say you're right - that means moving Cotric into Centre which is his worse position.

The other side of it is that Okunbor is off contract, he's not guaranteed to even be here. If we were to re-sign him, I hope it would be on a minimal contract and with a view to move him to the back-row permanently, partially because we have pretty limited strike there at the moment.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He has the physical attributes but he's really raw and unpolished, but let's say you're right - that means moving Cotric into Centre which is his worse position.

The other side of it is that Okunbor is off contract, he's not guaranteed to even be here. If we were to re-sign him, I hope it would be on a minimal contract and with a view to move him to the back-row permanently, partially because we have pretty limited strike there at the moment.
You know okunbar is one of are fastest players, who has grown up playing in the backs, he has size speed, and break tackles like a hot knife through butter. So can you please tell me who you would prefer.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know okunbar is one of are fastest players, who has grown up playing in the backs, he has size speed, and break tackles like a hot knife through butter. So can you please tell me who you would prefer.
On the wings? Cotric and Addo Carr, the actual rep calibre wingers in our squad.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's looking for 600k apparently

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They can, doubt he will though. This has been an issue his entire career. Like I said he was originally a 5/8 and was pushed back to fullback to hide him in defence...once there he still had issues and is now 25 and they've yet to be addressed. I've watched him okay for years to form an opinion, one game isn't changing shit. Dragons wanting him gone and the Broncos being the only other club after him also says something.
Sounds a lot like Averillo, but you seem to see him as the messiah, when he has done Jack shit, at least this bloke can score and set up tries

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On the wings? Cotric and Addo Carr, the actual rep calibre wingers in our squad.
So under Baz you don’t think he could reach his full potential as one of the best wingers in the game?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So under Baz you don’t think he could reach his full potential as one of the best wingers in the game?
He has physical potential to be pretty good, but one of the best wingers in the game? I don't think so.

Do you think he could be better winger than either Cotric (who he's older then) or JAC - a current Australian and NSW rep winger?