Rumour Dufty in talks with the Bulldogs

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take him at the right price. Is he the long term FB that's going to win us a premiership....probably not but in the meantime he's better than anything else we've got. If we can piss DWZ off and swap him with Dufty then at least we're slowly improving the squad

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd take him at the right price. Is he the long term FB that's going to win us a premiership....probably not but in the meantime he's better than anything else we've got. If we can piss DWZ off and swap him with Dufty then at least we're slowly improving the squad
exactly what i said swap and we're in front.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The difference is Griffin not individual players

If you put Barrett in charge of Dragons at the start of the season they'd be running for the spoon. If Griffin was with us we'd be fighting for 7th to 8th spot.
The difference is they have a good pack, decent halves and a very good attacking fullback. Griffin is shit. Look how many points they are leaking on a regular basis.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we are genuinely interested in Dufty.
After tonight’s game, I reckon he might get a call from Baz.
Come and tour Belmore over the weekend whilst we have the bye..
Announced next Wednesday.
I think the only way we don’t sign him is if Baz talks to JAC and JAC says he wants fullback.
We will know soonish I reckon

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely, and then more points on offer, quicker attack and broken field speed. Big improvement.!!

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we are genuinely interested in Dufty.
After tonight’s game, I reckon he might get a call from Baz.
Come and tour Belmore over the weekend whilst we have the bye..
Announced next Wednesday.
I think the only way we don’t sign him is if Baz talks to JAC and JAC says he wants fullback.
We will know soonish I reckon
Hopefully Baz told him to have a good game tonight and he has a contract with the Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
why would you want another 500k odd fullback when you already have a keeper??
They never wanted him, that's the point. The only other team that does has a coach that was dumb enough to release Walsh because he wanted to play fucking Isako at fullback.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dwz to tigers.
Dufty here.
We save money and also have a bloke who will score more points than we do a year as it is.

Him Jac burton cotric naden will be fun to watch attack at least.

I agree he’s not in the top fullbacks.

Though we aren’t signing Tommy tedesco latrell rts papen ponga etc.

Fuck with gutherson brimson Holmes chk etc it shows how many good fullbacks are there.

Literally us and Brisbane are shocking. That’s it. Fucking get him and let Dwz go

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They never wanted him, that's the point. The only other team that does has a coach that was dumb enough to release Walsh because he wanted to play fucking Isako at fullback.
yes that was a bad move agreed but the other teams ALL have good quality at the back so that's why he is in an unfortunate position.
Personally i think the drags are mad to not re sign him.Actually hope it bites them in the arse.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dwz to tigers.
Dufty here.
We save money and also have a bloke who will score more points than we do a year as it is.

Him Jac burton cotric naden will be fun to watch attack at least.

I agree he’s not in the top fullbacks.

Though we aren’t signing Tommy tedesco latrell rts papen ponga etc.

Fuck with gutherson brimson Holmes chk etc it shows how many good fullbacks are there.

Literally us and Brisbane are shocking. That’s it. Fucking get him and let Dwz go
Broncos are worse.

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sign him up.

Even he can’t defend or position himself (seems like half our duds have this problem at the moment anyway) he offers enough attacking potency, speed and agility (something we don’t have) to make up for it

As long as he scores or assists a few who cares if he lets one in

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Trent Barrett wants to turn dufty into a Hooker, if he doesn't get brendan smith.
what a stupid comment nasheed into a hooker #dumbcunt

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His asking price would only increase after tonight. He's already asking for 550k plus but does anyone honestly think he's worth 600k or more? Any club that signs him for that much would be making a panic/desperation move.

We signed Cotric to 600k.....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We signed Cotric to 600k.....
Cotric was a rep player from a top team and one of the best wingers in the competition. Dufty isn't even in the top 8 fullbacks and at a mid-level team that doesn't want him.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well I said Dufty about 1 1/2 years ago so welcome to the party Doggies, it took awhile.

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cotric was a rep player from a top team and one of the best wingers in the competition. Dufty isn't even in the top 8 fullbacks and at a mid-level team that doesn't want him.
Regardless, we paid 600k for a player in a position who doesn’t justify those wages

Dufty, this season in 11 games, has scored 10 tries, 10 assists, 7 line breaks, 11 line break assist and over 100m a game.

Even at a mid table team, which we should be aiming for, are solid stats. Worth the money considering we need to pay overs to lure these guys to play for us

Also, keep in mind our “fullback” DWZ who admittedly seems to be running his guts out, can’t perform to those numbers and is on a rumoured 800k

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Regardless, we paid 600k for a player in a position who doesn’t justify those wages

Dufty, this season in 11 games, has scored 10 tries, 10 assists, 7 line breaks, 11 line break assist and over 100m a game.

Even at a mid table team, which we should be aiming for, are solid stats. Worth the money considering we need to pay overs to lure these guys to play for us

Also, keep in mind our “fullback” DWZ who admittedly seems to be running his guts out, can’t perform to those numbers and is on a rumoured 800k
Regardless, you wouldn't need 500-600k to sign Dufty, and if it did take that much you'd let him go wherever he can get that money. 300-400k you can have a conversation but not for our team unless we can move DWZ or Allan on as we have too much money in our salary cap tied in our backs already. I don't think DWZ, Meaney or Allan are our answer at fullback so I wouldn't be surprised if JAC gets a shot there. DWZ is also reportedly on 550k. We actually don't know what he's on as he's reported on both 550k and 800k, I'm personally going to believe 550k but I guess it depends who you listen/talk to.