Trent Barrett - Mega thread

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any yet all the arm chair experts wanted Des sacked.

They got what they wanted.
We are 2 coaches in and getting worse.

When will stupid fucks realise its not the coach.
Des needed to be pulled back into line by a real CEO like Greenturd who could control him. Dib & Castle were so incompetent Des clowned them both.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he fails next year he’s gone. Frustrating but no point talking about until this time next season.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The negative, one dimensional game plan is concerning and surprising considering he's supposed to be an attacking coach.

Watching us play, it's the same boring attack from the latter Des years and Pay's era. If anything it's even more one dimensional somehow. I don't get it... Let them throw the ball around and encourage offloads. Even when the game is beyond them they still go through the motions and don't have any attacking intent.
i just think we seriously don’t have the talent.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The question is:

Would we be any different if the club decided to give Steve Georgallis a one year deal last year?

I don’t think so.

We are worse this year than last year.

So what has been the net benefit with Barrett at the helm? I say zero benefit, we have regressed...

Such a balls up.

We need people invested in this club and who want to see the club improve and do well.

Barrett is an example of a person who is packaged up well, says all the right things, has friends in high places, but at the end of the day is in it for himself...This arrangement (Barrett as coach) was never going to work.
we did lose our most creative player in Foran.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think the current crop have the IQ to execute the attacking structures Barrett wants.
Hence Flanno being dropped.
I’m happy to give him another year before pulling out the pitch forks.

The team is to accustomed to losing and that’s infectious

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todays gameplan was spot on, got plenty of time in opposition 20 etc, not bazs fault the players dont pull the trigger when in point scoring positions.put all the effort in and golden boy puts up a under 8s bomb straight to the opposition as an example.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How much did Penrith put on Souths last week?
We have no halves or hooker and Im sure Baz doesnt instruct blokes to drop the ball whilst crossing the try line or tells Hopa to tone it down a bit when contesting a football.
Penrith defended well today, how many games they lost in the last 2 years?
No ones happy with a loss but I was happy with the effort for a change.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Todays gameplan was spot on, got plenty of time in opposition 20 etc, not bazs fault the players dont pull the trigger when in point scoring positions.put all the effort in and golden boy puts up a under 8s bomb straight to the opposition as an example.
Bullshit. Everyone at the club is responsible, Baz is not free from criticism.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone is going on about the great effort today, and yes to a point our defence was ok at times, but that game Barrett clearly coached the side to try not to get beaten by 50 plus

To go pretty much the whole match to play one out, thru the forwards and try not make mistakes with the ball, and not throw any attack at all at Penrith, and pretty much not look like scoring points all game, really is embarrassing, this is first grade, and even with our rubbish team, for a coach to have them play the whole match like that, it’s a major concern moving forward
Mate it shows where the team is at. Don’t blame Baz, we don’t have the cattle.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Probably the most interesting bit was we are now so shit....

The journos are asking Trent which Panties players should play origin.

Groan...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol more excuses.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i just think we seriously don’t have the talent.
We don't. I've been supportive of Baz but it's obvious our attack can improve regardless. There's no gameplan at the moment. It's just complete your sets and try not to lose by too much..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We have now gone past last years total points differential of -222.

Different style of game now this year but still not a great stat.

Last edited: