Fans

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get that mate but everybody is different and we need to understand the impact some of the stuff we say or do has on other people., and nobody is asking you to feel sorry for him. I am not saying anyone should feel sorry for him.

Mental health is a silent killer. He's clearly struggling whatever it is, whether it be footy or personal. It's just footy at the end of the day lol seriously
Yeah I won't hammer him for showing emotion or for things affecting him. He's only human and it would affect lots of players, especially with the spotlight he's under..

But for those that have doubts about his ability to handle pressure on and off the field, it will only make them more doubtful if he can make it or not.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Definately needs a concrete milkshake.
Not sure that's how it works these days though mate. Younger generation are a different breed and more need an arm around their shoulders.

Us crying out for it to be 'like the old days' won't make the smallest difference in the world.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure that's how it works these days though mate. Younger generation are a different breed and more need an arm around their shoulders.

Us crying out for it to be 'like the old days' won't make the smallest difference in the world.
I am younger than Flanagan mate and have been playing league since I was 8 I can tell you it varies from each individual I can tell you the weaker individuals need that. The stronger do not. It’s not a generation thing mate

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

I Don't get why he is off limits? Because he nearly cried he has mental issues?

It's an insult to us with mental and/Or physical issues.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Did he actually say that he is suffering from mental depression? If he did then I retract what I said

But If he’s crying because he is under the pump then I’m sorry I don’t see why we have to give him a cuddle

People are under the pump daily struggling with addiction and violence and pressures of business/career etc etc

For the sake of the kid and the team he should take time off and go see a professional

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke has acted like the world has ended both times he’s been dropped how about look at your own performance rather than looking at everyone else and blaming them clearly a player who’s been handed everything in his career because of his last name I want him to do well and Don’t expect miracles from him in a shit side but he’s been awful

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Who said he's off limits?

Mental health, as you know, comes in many shapes and forms. Many people deal with it by closing shop, and internalising everything. He can't. Personally, I'm not in the least bit insulted by him crying or showing emotion, and I'm not sure why you or anyone else is.

Do I believe he's got mental health issues? Who knows? But writing off his feelings and telling him to 'man up' or saying that he has no right to show emotion really isn't the right way to go.

Malla

Reaction score
I expected that Flanno is fcuking shit and cant play at Nrl level and that was vindicated by him being dropped this week....
Ok mature man, this has nothing to do with a team list but if that’s what helps you sleep at night then by all means keep being vindicated lol

Malla

Reaction score
Get the fuck out of here with your high and mighty bullshit.

Everyone rips into nearly every player but this untalented kid is protected?

If you actually were employed and performed like he did your boss would of fired your dumb arse.
Oowwaaaaa assassin
Very scary words

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who said he's off limits?

Mental health, as you know, comes in many shapes and forms. Many people deal with it by closing shop, and internalising everything. He can't. Personally, I'm not in the least bit insulted by him crying or showing emotion, and I'm not sure why you or anyone else is.

Do I believe he's got mental health issues? Who knows? But writing off his feelings and telling him to 'man up' or saying that he has no right to show emotion really isn't the right way to go.
I'm just saying he isn't talented and would of been sacked for not performing his duties.

Has he got mental issues or because he nearly cried he has mental issues?

I'm not condemning him at all for showing emotion, but the cold hard truth is either you perform or fuck off.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who at the club thought it would be a good idea to put him in front of the media today? Who cares if its his turn, put another numpty in there.

Yes, he's a grown man, yes he's getting paid decent coin, and yes his form isn't great, but FFS no need to kick him when he's down.

Malla

Reaction score

I’m sorry to hear you are dealing with mental and physical issues brother. I hope you get the help you need.