Should we be worried about Barrett?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Questions still need to be asked about how he can't get class players like Cotric playing to their potential. DWZ is performing above standards despite being in a shit team so what's Cotric's excuse?

Atoni is clearly a talent but still not playing to his potential. Watch wooden spoon teams of the past and you'd still see standout performances from the class players.... in this team, everybody plays the same and looks lost.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanno,waddel and katoa where fuckn diabolical tonight, Trent has to own that he brought waddel and flanno here but anyone that thinks our current state is down to barret is fucking delusional we have this side through nearly ten years of poor roster management poor recruitment and retention and poor coaching not to mention pathetic board’s running the show. Trent may not be the answer long term but he is our only best chance to get some decent fucking player’s on our roster. We don’t have a choice we have to ride this shit out.

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shit job at the moment with the players he has under him.
Have to at least see how he goes next year.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sacking Barrett will not fix anything. We simply don’t have the cattle. I am also concerned that this is masking a poor coach but we need to let this ride out this season. By this time next year the judgment will be in.

My number one concern with Barrett is the lack of change. He keeps picking players (his favourites) when they are simply not first grade standard.

Every week the same problems. Basic fundamentals that you don’t need to be a superstar player to fix.

I’m holding out hope that when round 11 rolls around we see a lot of development players get a run.
He has no one to replace them with other wise I agree

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have 30 baby fur seals in our roster and the other clubs are clubbing them whilst they look up meekly. Not even a whimper from the fuckwits who disgraced our colors today except for Atoni.
I wouldn't club any fur seals, but I certainly feel like clubbing these useless pricks.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Most definitely we should be worried. He hasn't yet shown us any kind of attacking plan and if there is, then he clearly hasn't dropped players for not executing properly.

Bacon_Muffin

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't rate Barrett as a coach, he is probably a great assistant coach but not a head coach.

Gus Gould rated him as a someone who is ready and will be a great head coach, Manly took the bait and sacked Toovey brining in Barrett.
That failed big time so they got rid of him and brought Hasler back who seems to be doing ok.

Now we have fallen for Gould's belief that Barrett will save the world but it seems like we got conned. If he was so good why didn't Gus take him to New Zealand.
I hope JAC wins a premiership at Melbourne this year as I fear he will be just a player running around for a team there just to make up the numbers from next year. What Bellamy and Barrett bring out in a player a light years apart.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Get Barrett out ASAP. Before he does more damage, been saying it for weeks until I took a break from TK. The clueless clown has to go immediately.

Proven coach or go for a young coach like Morris who has got some results in a testing time while he was at the Sharks.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've had the same results with the same cattle and 3 coaches. Clearly it's not the coaches.
That is complete nonsense and you know it. This is the worst it has been and it's on Barrett's watch.

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm worried that the excuse of not having the right cattle might mask his incompetence as a coach.

I've never seen a bulldogs team play like they have no idea what the game plan is. Even the 08 team looked much better..... There comes a time when Barrett needs to cop some of the blame for the performances the team is dishing out.

He either needs to motivate them or build a game plan around their skills.
He is not a head coach. Simple.

This has been evident since his time at Manly.

Letting him build his team is an excuse. People keep saying it. He doesn’t really deserve to be the one “building the team” based on the track record that he has.

This squad has gone backwards at a rate of knots. Willing to give him time, but you can you really see it getting better?

With recruits, yes, but every team has injuries, state of origin players to cover, form slumps etc...he will struggle with or without the key players because tactically he doesn’t have it.

Coaches get the best out of the players available.
This squad has not improved in the slightest. Losses can be accepted with improvement.

It’s going south and thinking it’s going to get better with some recruits is wishful thinking.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At this stage it looks like Pay is a better coach, at least defensively anyway

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is not a head coach. Simple.

This has been evident since his time at Manly.

Letting him build his team is an excuse. People keep saying it. He doesn’t really deserve to be the one “building the team” based on the track record that he has.

This squad has gone backwards at a rate of knots. Willing to give him time, but you can you really see it getting better?

With recruits, yes, but every team has injuries, state of origin players to cover, form slumps etc...he will with or without the key players because tactically he doesn’t have it.

Coaches get the best out of the players available.
This squad has not improved in the slightest. Losses can be accepted with improvement.

It’s going south and thinking it’s going to get better with some recruits is wishful thinking.
Well said but there is no doubt the deluded Barrett rebuilders think he is on track to turning us into a force again. With his inept coaching he will take us backwards that is what we are seeing. The delusional Barrett rebuilders won't accept any of the facts.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is complete nonsense and you know it. This is the worst it has been and it's on Barrett's watch.
It’s not as simple as that.

Which other coach was in charge when the 6 again rules were introduced?

We had only won 1 game at this stage last year under Pay, and that was with Tolman and Lewis somewhat tightening up the defence.

Our roster has gotten worse this year, and they’ve been exposed with the rule changes.

Players like Hopoate, Napa, Katoa, Allen, Waddell, even Jackson are getting left behind due to the speed of the game, and there’s nothing Barrett can do with them currently (and yes, I think he stuffed up with the Allen and Waddell signings).

There are also the injured players who are out, which doesn’t help.

Hopefully in round 11 Barrett can promote some juniors and drop underperforming players.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me I’ve waited 9 rounds,that’s enough,I’ve seen the team go backwards,there has not been any improvement,in anyone how do u keep picking the same inept blokes,making the same mistakes,every single week,pick people who at least have a dig,judging by the way Penrith are playing,I don’t think Barrett had much input

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said but there is no doubt the deluded Barrett rebuilders think he is on track to turning us into a force again. With his inept coaching he will take us backwards that is what we are seeing. The delusional Barrett rebuilders won't accept any of the facts.
And you suggest Morris as an option. I agree that there needs to be improvement, but the fact Baz is able to sign quality is a positive sign for the rebuild. People talking about how we have an improved roster this year and how Pay was able to motivate us blah blah blah are not counting the impact of the loss of foran and the 6 again...we don't have v a nrl quality 9, 6 or 7. Very hard for any coach with our list

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I am not speaking nonsense, I am talking facts. 90% of this squad has been here for over 4 years. Have they done anything under Pay or Georgalilis?? No they haven't. None of the 15 other clubs aren't even in a rush to sign any off those off contract and the performances set by these parodies are showing why they haven't been considering be kept on or recruited by other clubs.