Official Round 9 Bulldogs V Dragons - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Meaney is shite on the wing - but mainly because he never sees the ball in attack. Dallin is safe as houses at the back, keep him there
Zelezniak will cost you 4 try’s playing fullback. Fair enough he runs the ball back hard when he catches is (which is about 1/3 times :p) but in defence he has zero ability to read the play what so ever.

he is never in a position to cover short kicks when the opposition is 10 out.

If I was coaching against the dogs with zelezniak at fullback I’d tell my team to run at the line with players in motion then roll it in the ingoal. Chances are if zelezniak is there he will drop it or if he does pick it up he might play the ball the wrong way.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyway back to the Saints game and I felt this could be our chance to get our 2nd win of the season as we have a fairly good record against them compared to other teams. That was until I saw the team lists.

Napa starting in the forwards, Kotoa at hooker and B Cummins as ref we’re fucked!

Saints by 20.
Might as well say we are playing with 11 and Saints with 16 if you include Napa, Katoa and Cummins.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So with DWZ and Meaney rotating week by week in the fullback position, where exactly does that leave Allan? Has Baz put a line through his name for the number 1 for the remainder of the season?

Because he isn't exactly setting the world on fire at centre. I remember thinking 'meh' when we signed the bloke and that's exactly how I feel watching him play.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind the change to put DWZ back at fullback as he offers far more impact than Meaney there..

I know Baz is limited with who he can bring in right now but surely Renouf has earned a start, or Ava at least. Something has to change after how poor the team was in the first half. They better come out firing...

Smith missed a tonne of tackles on the edge. It's a shame Topine can't play til round 11 if Deitz plays as he'd be a far better starting option.
I think so aswell but Meaney offers next to nothing at wing

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What is the obsession with DWZ or Meaney at FB? Who cares? Both aren't good enough if we're seriously aiming to be a top 8 team.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've heard both, that Deitz as an exemption can't start, and that he can. Are the actual laws regarding this written down somewhere? Or are they on the back of a menu on Vlandy's desk?
he is exempt for the 17 therefore can start

Sloth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Man, our hands are really tied with these selections until round 11 :sleepy:

The player that we need to start - Dietz can’t start until Round 11

Hard to engage any of our backline with Flanagan at the helm.
We have Cotric and Allen; 2 SOO players who did well last year but this year are super quiet,

Hoppa; former SOO who has been declining but I really think that due to our halves unable to make plays that involve the back line more.
Look at the The Morris bros, before they went to the Roosters. Experts said that their only opportunity would be super league and Remis Smith, finally starting to find his feet with a solid opportunities in-game at the storm.

If you put Ben To’o or Maika Sivo in our team they won’t produce what they’re doing now.

The only time when our backs get the ball is when they go for a scoot or catch it from a kick.

Few of our “best”players are injured

Napa is an egg

I know Flanagan needs to develop but wouldn’t it be better to develop in the lower league for a bit to learn how to hit the line or develop his in game kicking skills?

Or Flanagan at the 9 and Lewis in at 7. Idk I’ve been quite patient but am tired of Katoa at hooker when his best position is a utility (at best)

The forward pack don’t really have that guy to organise them so they’re a mess especially without Jackson.

What would you rather? A Lewis that can kick but can’t pass or A Flanagan that can pass but can’t kick ?

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve been one of Barrett’s biggest supporters but I raise concerns on his fascination to keep changing the fullback position. Very Pay like and some red flags. If he’s not happy with performances he needs to drop some players. He’s yet to drop a known player to make a statement

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can’t expect much in terms of our line up until next year that’s all we got right there. All we can hope for improvement each week and to work towards competing week in week out. Tipping is to win though got a good feeling.