Opinion Where would you prefer to watch the bulk of our games?

Where would you prefer to watch the bulk of our games?

• Belmore

Votes: 46 30.9%
  • Stadium Australia

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Bankwest

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • A purpose built Bankwest type stadium in Liverpool/Moorebank area

Votes: 69 46.3%

• Total voters

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Parking and access rule Belmore out. I think Liverpool....at the Oasis location is the way to go....and we share it with Tigers. Penrith will get an upgrade, Parra has great stadium, Sharks upgrade will be awesome, St George is another issue. No use upgrading Leichhardt due to parking and traffic problems. Liverpool to increase our junior catchment sounds ideal.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why is everyone so happy to sell the area out and go to Liverpool?
Who the f will travel there? You know how hard it is to drive drunk from Liverpool to the area after a game and evade cops?

why is everyone not saying belmore?
That’s where the atmosphere and are heritage is. Just catch a bus ffs if parking is an issue, or park in someone’s driveway. The police can’t do anything. The owner will need to get a tow truck in at their cost and it just isn’t worth it.
That’s what I used to do back in the days I had a licence.
Belmore is magic and Liverpool is Derrick and doesn’t belong to us. Belongs to tigers.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
And whatever ground we end up at. I hope they shut down food and alcohol sales during Ramadan.

my friend was at the game a few weeks back and said there were people supporting an opposite team eating hot dogs and chips next to hijabi’s who were no doubt starving from fasting. Couldn’t believe what I was hearing.
Just disrespectful,
You wouldn’t eat food in front of a starving black African child, so why is this ok!?

Opposition fans need to learn the ‘when In rome’ saying and respect the local customs and religion when coming to bulldogs games.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If only that were true. The NRL don't give a rats arse how much money the club has. There are a lot more factors to be taken into account than just having a wealthy leagues club. Geography is just one of them. It's very dangerous to underestimate and not have all the i's dotted and t's crossed.
It’s not the money itself, it’s that the money would enable us to fund a bigger legal fight than the NRL could afford to get involved in. South’s had no money to fight it when they were kicked out and had no leagues club of substance to fund the legal team required, which is not the case with us. One of the main reasons for kicking Souths out was their lack of funding, again not the case with us. The same applies to the forced team mergers, one or both of the teams involved were not suitably funded, again not the case with us. What Barrett said was important, the Bulldogs are a BIG club, much bigger than even he thought.

Go Dogs

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, Belmore has that homely feel to it. A typical suburban ground in Sydney. The problem however will always be parking. On the best of days it can be hard to find parking around there as people just don't want to catch trains or buses. What needs to be done is have funding from the State and Federal Governments to update the stadium - by that I mean keep the ground but upgrade it like Parramatta did at Bankwest - but we know the Governments are not going to fund it anymore than basic upkeep - if that - so it looks like it'll stay as is for the time being.

I think having a second grandstand where the hill is will be the way to go - because there's no point in having a hill unless it's a Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon game (who wants to sit on grimy grass at night?) - and where Peter Moore oval is, turn that into a carpark. But the problem with that is the traffic leaving the ground will clog up when arriving and leave. Belmore is great but unless people start using public transport to get there, or park at the leagues club and walk, then access will continue to be an issue.
A good ground still needs public transport access, and a railway station close by is a must have. You can park near a station, and catch the train to the ground.

The Bulldogs Leagues club has plenty of parking at Belmore.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In my lounge room, I went to lots of games at belmore in the golden years but with the broadcast technology the game has become made for TV
I just don’t enjoy watching it at grounds anymore

Reactions: DT

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What about just demolishing Belmore and putting up a new stadium and use some of the carpark and joining park to accomodate a bigger stadium? Or even just a refurb?

All my best memories as a kid watching footy are at Belmore, so I've always wanted them to stay there. I think it's a good ground for the players to, the noise and support and the crowd being so close.

It can become another Brookvale, Liechadrt
The council and government have zero interest, that’s the main issue. I can totally appreciate locals wanting a stadium there and the rest of us have great memories of playing and watching games there but I personally think Liverpool/Moorebank will be used more for other events more and that’s the governments angle

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
In my lounge room, I went to lots of games at belmore in the golden years but with the broadcast technology the game has become made for TV
I just don’t enjoy watching it at grounds anymore
Yeah,
That's me too.
It's just that we are now old and grumpy

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly, Belmore has that homely feel to it. A typical suburban ground in Sydney. The problem however will always be parking. On the best of days it can be hard to find parking around there as people just don't want to catch trains or buses. What needs to be done is have funding from the State and Federal Governments to update the stadium - by that I mean keep the ground but upgrade it like Parramatta did at Bankwest - but we know the Governments are not going to fund it anymore than basic upkeep - if that - so it looks like it'll stay as is for the time being.

I think having a second grandstand where the hill is will be the way to go - because there's no point in having a hill unless it's a Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon game (who wants to sit on grimy grass at night?) - and where Peter Moore oval is, turn that into a carpark. But the problem with that is the traffic leaving the ground will clog up when arriving and leave. Belmore is great but unless people start using public transport to get there, or park at the leagues club and walk, then access will continue to be an issue.
There’s a stadium in Braga in Portugal that is built on the side of a cliff. It is a 30,000 seat stadium

Why can’t you do the same at Belmore (without the cliff?). You can build a multi storey parking station adjacent. But then there’s the train station nearby so you wouldn’t need much parking area

I say redevelop Belmore with 2 x 15,000 seated stadiums on either side

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bankstown is a hole because a certain type of people have moved in. Even Parramatta is more desirable these days.

We're going to have a hard time attracting players let alone a stadium build because the area is let down by undesirables.

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The council and government have zero interest, that’s the main issue. I can totally appreciate locals wanting a stadium there and the rest of us have great memories of playing and watching games there but I personally think Liverpool/Moorebank will be used more for other events more and that’s the governments angle
Well if the owner has no interest then that’s the end of Belmore then. Does the Leagues Club own any land you can put a stadium on?

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At gone in the lounge room for sure. Can’t get thrown out for hurling abuse at the TV.
Belmore for mine as it brings back atmosphere.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't associate the Liverpool area with the dogs, home ground at Liverpool doesn't feel right for me

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't associate the Liverpool area with the dogs, home ground at Liverpool doesn't feel right for me
I do get it mate but it’s also 5 minutes out of our junior area and I’d feel more at home in a purpose built stadium than I would at stadium Australia too