News Jack De Bellend Megathread

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If De Bellin is found innocent there will be no 3rd go round.

The only reason there is a second go is because he wasn't found innocent OR guilty.

It is possible for 11 jurors to vote guilty and 1 to vote innocent and then it is a hung jury so just because he hasn't been found guilty doesn't mean he was found innocent either.
Yes.
If he’s guilty there’s no rd 3 (except right of appeal)
If he’s not guilty he’s not guilty.
If he’s well hung. There might be a round 3, or prosecutor will just say it’s not worth it. Too muddy.
That last is what will probably happen, 80% chance.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a tough one and although the jury aren’t meant to do it some would have to have in the back of their minds what a meathead he is and what he did to his pregnant partner
That's exactly it i would be the same, a whore with buyers regret or dickhead footballers who think they are untouchable.
There's 2 sides to the story and Inbeetwen a lot of booze is the truth.
Version of events is always different with piss involved

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i dunno, the more that comes out kinda feels more like she regrets what happened rather than rape

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's exactly it i would be the same, a whore with buyers regret or dickhead footballers who think they are untouchable.
There's 2 sides to the story and Inbeetwen a lot of booze is the truth.
Version of events is always different with piss involved
Exactly mate. I’d love to know what sort of jury the defense ended up getting. I bet it’s not full of old women

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know systems are different in every country but these guys should have faced a three judge panel instead of a jury.
Peoples perceptions of professional sportsman and footballers in particular can vary.
A jury panel can always be swayed by either strong personalities or a few other factors.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
DPP got Hayne the 2nd time around!
I have experience, do you? Because anyone who knows the subject matter and knows about sexual assault tend to know the truth when they hear it.
Plenty of sexual predators are out there.
We all need to stand up for our daughters, sisters, friends, mothers, aunties, cousins, women we don't know.

Do you know the punishment in ancient Rome if you raped a female Roman citizen? Death.....the Romans got a lot of things right.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am hoping for the right result. I wasn't there when the incident happened & I haven't attended every day of the court hearings. I also have little faith in the media to report things accurately. As for having majority rules in court rooms, I don't trust that idea either. There are some who will believe one side or the other because of the way the person looks.

If he is guilty I hope he gets the book thrown at him, but if he is innocent accusing someone of something they didn't do is just as outrageous as having raped someone for a number of reasons.

I seem to remember several years ago about a football team being accused of a gang rape that apparently turned out to be next day regret. It's over to the judge & jury I guess.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I am hoping for the right result. I wasn't there when the incident happened & I haven't attended every day of the court hearings. I also have little faith in the media to report things accurately. As for having majority rules in court rooms, I don't trust that idea either. There are some who will believe one side or the other because of the way the person looks.

If he is guilty I hope he gets the book thrown at him, but if he is innocent accusing someone of something they didn't do is just as outrageous as having raped someone for a number of reasons.

I seem to remember several years ago about a football team being accused of a gang rape that apparently turned out to be next day regret. It's over to the judge & jury I guess.
a bit disingenuous your comment, don't you think?

There were never any charges with Coffs Harbour.
Stricke Force McGuigan was a joke and clearly leaking to the media was their main focus.
The 20 year old women at the centre of the Coffs Harbour sex scandal did make and maintain false allegations. The point is however it never got anywhere near a court as the DPP knew early on there was no evidence to support her allegations.

With De Belin and Sinclair, they did it, everybody knows they did it and it now just a matter of convincing 11 jurors that there's no doubt they did it. That's why the DPP is working hard on this case and the cost of a 2nd trial.

Also please don't use the word "innocent" when speaking about De Belin & Sinclair. If they are acquitted (very unlikely) or the jury is hung again (more likely) that in now way means they are "innocent".

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Your analogy with Coffs is a bit inaccurate. The justice system in that case should have worked as it does with any legal matter and when all the facts assessed by the police.

That matter should not have proceeded in the first place, if the police had not been influenced by politics and self gratifying publicity and promotion and just stuck to evaluating all the witness statements, including the accuser's friend.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There is quite a lot of "evidence" in this Debellend case so one assumes it goes further than the usual "he said-she said" that usually absolves the accused in these types of cases and makes it nigh on impossible to convict. Which in itself only goes to further perpetuate sexual assault and dickheads who think they are untouchable bc its my word against hers. No easy answer to that but believing women would go a long way.

These women are in fact your daughters, mothers, wives, sisters, aunts, grandmothers even. They are not all whores with buyers regret ....so why not give them the respect and acknowledgement that they are telling the truth.

It's why there are only 1% successful prosecution of cases, yet we all know that far more rapes and sexual assaults occur than just that small number on females but yet, no matter the proven circumstances, almost all accused plead not guilty.

A whole change of these laws and the way they are investigated. and prosecuted, needs to happen to ensure women can be believed as much as any other person who reports they've been assaulted and more law breakers can be convicted as a deterrent.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If De Bellin is found innocent there will be no 3rd go round.
The only reason there is a second go is because he wasn't found innocent OR guilty.
It is possible for 11 jurors to vote guilty and 1 to vote innocent and then it is a hung jury so just because he hasn't been found guilty doesn't mean he was found innocent either.
The Judge can accept 11 to 1, it's called a "majority verdict".

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stricke Force McGuigan was a joke and clearly leaking to the media was their main focus.
The 20 year old women at the centre of the Coffs Harbour sex scandal did make and maintain false allegations. The point is however it never got anywhere near a court as the DPP knew early on there was no evidence to support her allegations.

With De Belin and Sinclair, they did it, everybody knows they did it and it now just a matter of convincing 11 jurors that there's no doubt they did it. That's why the DPP is working hard on this case and the cost of a 2nd trial.

Also please don't use the word "innocent" when speaking about De Belin & Sinclair. If they are acquitted (very unlikely) or the jury is hung again (more likely) that in now way means they are "innocent".
I'm not saying one way or the other, but how do you 'know' they are guilty? There is definitely a scum bag element to this whole situation (jdb's pregnant girlfriend) but everything I've read on the case, there isn't anything conclusive.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I guess you must be a witness in the trial to know they are guilty then.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is quite a lot of "evidence" in this Debellend case so one assumes it goes further than the usual "he said-she said" that usually absolves the accused in these types of cases and makes it nigh on impossible to convict. Which in itself only goes to further perpetuate sexual assault and dickheads who think they are untouchable bc its my word against hers. No easy answer to that but believing women would go a long way.

These women are in fact your daughters, mothers, wives, sisters, aunts, grandmothers even. They are not all whores with buyers regret ....so why not give them the respect and acknowledgement that they are telling the truth.

It's why there are only 1% successful prosecution of cases, yet we all know that far more rapes and sexual assaults occur than just that small number on females but yet, no matter the proven circumstances, almost all accused plead not guilty.

A whole change of these laws and the way they are investigated. and prosecuted, needs to happen to ensure women can be believed as much as any other person who reports they've been assaulted and more law breakers can be convicted as a deterrent.
Sorry but I don't believe all women. There are plenty who make things up like the one at Coffs Harbour for instance. That is part of the problem, that people make things up (on both sides). Another thing (apart from this particular case) it would help if people reported these things immediately rather than in some instance wait 10 or 30 years down the track. If you are going to make an accusation, you need to do it at the time. Doing it so much later will only hurt the case.

As I said previously, I hope all guilty parties go to jail, but it ain't that easy to tell sometimes.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Mate with all due respect you need to stop stating your opinion as fact. You seem to have a predetermined perception of what happened and you won't let go of that.

Do I like De Belin as a person? no, i think he is a scumbag.

But everyone, including yourself if needed will have the right to a fair trial and innocent till proven guilty. The evidence weighs in his favour, that doesn't mean he didn't do it though, we just need to wait and see.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not saying one way or the other, but how do you 'know' they are guilty? There is definitely a scum bag element to this whole situation (jdb's pregnant girlfriend) but everything I've read on the case, there isn't anything conclusive.
Four & a half years as a police prosecutor tells me the squinty fuck is as guilty as sin. I don't know for sure........ but I feel it.