Opinion Pay vs Barrett: Opening 4 Rounds Comparison 2020 vs 2021

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay first 4 rounds of 2020 - 46 points scored an average of 11.5 points per game

Barrett first 4 rounds of 2021 - 16 points scored an average of 4 points per game

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Serious question, what’s the point of this thread. Is it to say Pay was a good coach, none of the other 15 clubs are using him in any capacity as far as I know. Barrett is here now, judge him later this year based on who he’s signed and what’s happened not after 4 rounds.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said before the season started that for all the positivity surrounding the club, we had a very tough start and could potentially be 5-0. We have a whole new spine who are still gelling. Whilst it is very alarming the start we have had. We have to be realistic. Our roster is still very much sub par. The clean out will be thorough this season. Next year will be the year to judge Barrett. Not this season. This year was always a right-off.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Serious question, what’s the point of this thread. Is it to say Pay was a good coach, none of the other 15 clubs are using him in any capacity as far as I know. Barrett is here now, judge him later this year based on who he’s signed and what’s happened not after 4 rounds.
I wanted to highlight these stats because it shows we are in crisis. We had all the talk of new attacking structures + signings but we have gone backwards going by stats and also what we are seeing on the field with our eyes.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This place is getting as bad as the old board vs the new all over again. Pay was shit, Baz has started beyond shit and if we are still like this halfway through next year he will be out on his arse. Debating now his record or if he should be sacked is ridiculous.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comparison :

In the 3rd year of Pays contract we had regressed and none of our players had improved. The recruitment was also shit.

Trent has inherited a diabolical roster and you want to make these types of comparisons ???

Just remember Pay rubber stamped Napa, Britt, Stimson and he agreed to extend Lichha.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wanted to highlight these stats because it shows we are in crisis. We had all the talk of new attacking structures + signings but we have gone backwards going by stats and also what we are seeing on the field with our eyes.
I get what you’re saying but we had a 32-6 loss in round 3 and 42-6 loss in round 5 last year, equally bad.

I’m not saying we’re in great shape but our squad is crap and it’s going to be another long year. If things are the same next year different story.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said before the season started that for all the positivity surrounding the club, we had a very tough start and could potentially be 5-0. We have a whole new spine who are still gelling. Whilst it is very alarming the start we have had. We have to be realistic. Our roster is still very much sub par. The clean out will be thorough this season. Next year will be the year to judge Barrett. Not this season. This year was always a right-off.
I want to see signs of life and improvement week to week. Signs that we've got attacking structure, signs that they're playing for one another out there. We're getting flogged and not even looking like scoring a try. We're all laughing at Hasler and what he is doing to Manly right now but we're almost going set for set with them and matching their dire performances every week.