Flanno is a fraud

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan really is crap. Has no vision whatsoever. Has no running game. His kicking game is nothing special. Waste of money. Has no idea how to get the ball to the outside backs.

I have watched him play at sharks and roosters too, he is nothing special at all..

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan really is crap. Has no vision whatsoever. Has no running game. His kicking game is nothing special. Waste of money. Has no idea how to get the ball to the outside backs.

I have watched him play at sharks and roosters too, he is nothing special at all..

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is exposed and we are fucked.

Burton will save his arse next year like Keary did with him.
Burton will rethink his decision and stay in Penrith i reckon. This place is a career killer. Poor Cotric, he is too good for this team as well.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would bring in Tyrone May at no.6 to partner Burton. May ain't gonna start at Penrith. He's a very good player, and his position is in the halves. Potentially, Burton + May could be better than Cleary and Luai

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What has he done to ease the pressure?

Apart from the first 15-20 mins of round 1, he has done fuck all.
The only hope is that when Burton arrives and does 95% of the kicking and provides all of the playmaking and creativity, that Flanagan can at least focus on doing his job well and being a foil for Burton.. Or at the very least, not fuck up and let Burton take over..

It is very worrying that he has no running game at all and seems to have no footy IQ, and I can't see him staying past his contract. Thankfully it was only two years and not three and he's only on like 350-400k.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Part of the problem with the team is that at times we don't stand back far enough and don't allow ourselves enough room, so when we set up out towards the edges, Flanagan has no choice but to run it himself and then gets smashed.

I'm not saying he shouldn't escape criticism but he can pass and kick albeit doesn't always take the right option. He alone cannot take control of a game but he and Burton I'm hoping can work together and take that pressure off him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burton will rethink his decision and stay in Penrith i reckon. This place is a career killer. Poor Cotric, he is too good for this team as well.
Cotric was worst on ground yesterday LOL.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Part of the problem with the team is that at times we don't stand back far enough and don't allow ourselves enough room, so when we set up out towards the edges, Flanagan has no choice but to run it himself and then gets smashed.
He should bark at them and keep them in line, so should Barrett.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not saying he shouldn't escape criticism but he can pass and kick albeit doesn't always take the right option. He alone cannot take control of a game but he and Burton I'm hoping can work together and take that pressure off him.
Totally agree we are standing way too close
I could see it quite clearly at the ground yesterday,everyone in the crowd was calling souths offside but the real problem was us being flat
we were easily stopped every time, they were standing at least 5 to 8 meters deeper
when attacking
TB should address this as a glaring problem

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Prove me wrong.

I don't know how they couldn't see this when they signed him.

Same mistake they made when the dumb fucks signed Crapa.
As Ennis observed in the analysis, the set prior to Walker scoring his second try Flannagan touched the ball once, on the last tackle.

That’s a kid lacking confidence and authority, unwilling to own the attack.

At best he can do a similar job to Hodkinson for us, but he needs a decent 6 beside him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As Ennis observed in the analysis, the set prior to Walker scoring his second try Flannagan touched the ball once, on the last tackle.

That’s a kid lacking confidence and authority, unwilling to own the attack.

At best he can do a similar job to Hodkinson for us, but he needs a decent 6 beside him.
I'm not expecting him to be JT, not even expecting us to win, just want him to do the fucking job that he is supposed to.

He is an average side kick at best.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong bro, I don't expect to win or even get close to a win with the trash we have, but my point is that he was made to look better than he was and the club fell for it, even after they got fooled with Crapa.

Floppo is a side kick at best. He is not the answer to our long term halfback problem.
You could say the same about Burton mate, he is in a star studded side who are flying at the moment, how will he look here though???

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You could say the same about Burton mate, he is in a star studded side who are flying at the moment, how will he look here though???
Burton will look amazing wherever he plays. He's a legit star and does everything well. If he played for us this season, I reckon we'd be 2-2. We would have beat Newcastle and Brisbane. That's the difference a great half and some class in your team makes.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You can't compare Burts to Flanno. Burton is a hard worker and excels wherever he plays. Flanno has one job and can't even do it.

Burton came in as support for Luai (sp?) bit he took control and got the MOM.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can't compare Burts to Flanno. Burton is a hard worker and excels wherever he plays. Flanno has one job and can't even do it.

Burton came in as support for Luai (sp?) bit he took control and got the MOM.
Mate I really hope you’re right, for the sake of all of us, but I’m just not sure how well he would do, if he was in Flanagans boots right now

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That last tackle option at 14 nil, when we were actually on top. How he didn’t try for a repeat set I will never ever understand. That’s where we needed our 7 to build pressure. He isn’t a great play maker but i though he would game manage a bit. Kicking game is horrdneous too

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton will look amazing wherever he plays. He's a legit star and does everything well. If he played for us this season, I reckon we'd be 2-2. We would have beat Newcastle and Brisbane. That's the difference a great half and some class in your team makes.
I think we’d still be 0-4 but we’d definitely have scored some points in the last few games. 100% we will go 4 games in a row without points. How on earth we didn’t score against Brisbane is beyond me