The Mole: Big-money Bulldogs favourite to sign gun Broncos centre Kotoni Staggs

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$800k a season for any centre, not just Staggs is poor cap management.

Also Will Hopoate better watch this space if this is true about Staggs LOL
Because its bullshit. Nothing about this new regime says to me that they're spending that much.

Remember when the media said we were going to pay JAC this and that amount? Wasn't even close.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I call bullshit. If there was any truth to it I can't see us offering 800k.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I massively rate Staggs but this does seem like overs. Interesting how much of our cap is likely to be invested in our backline, it's definitely a refreshing change from days past when even if we were short a centre or winger, we'd just buy another prop.

I reckon as the season progresses we'll realize one of the key areas we need to bolster is ironically enough an enforcer-type front row forward. I have hope Hetherington or Ogden can fill that role but needs to be said they both didn't look as strong as the Sharks forward pack in the trial.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And pretty much the only chance of that is if Walters flops as coach and the Ponies struggle again.
Which is a possibility ! But $800k for bloke yet to develop a passing game and needs to communicate and read defence better, also coming off a knee reco is a bit of a leap of faith. The only way I believe it could be remotely true is if we have lined up a 3rd party to subsidise a solid portion of that amount..

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The info we have for 2022...
1 Allen..................$450k *
2 JAC....................$550k *
3 Cotric.................$650k
5 DWZ...................$800k approximately
6 Burton................$500k *
7 Flanagan............$350k *
* Expect a demand of upgrade if we are successful...that's what usually happens !
How much can we really afford to pay for Staggs ???

We are interested in him !!!
The demands are the obstacle...
Brisbane have plenty of brown paper bags :nomouth:
DWZ on $800k? Srsly? The guy can't even remember which way he's running and is guaranteed to knock it on when running it out of defence.

At least he's off contract at end 2022, hopefully by that time Alamoti will be primed for full time firsts. On significantly less than $800-f'ing-k.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If it did happen which I hope it doesn't... This would have to be our backline / utility and Alomati would have to be patient.
1. Allan
2. Cotric
3. Staggs
4. Schoupp
5. Addo-Carr
14. Averillo

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
DWZ on $800k? Srsly? The guy can't even remember which way he's running and is guaranteed to knock it on when running it out of defence.

At least he's off contract at end 2022, hopefully by that time Alamoti will be primed for full time firsts. On significantly less than $800-f'ing-k.
Im not buying hes on 800k. There is no reason for it.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not buying hes on 800k. There is no reason for it.
This is how it happened
He came to us mid 2019 season, he deputized brilliantly as desperately needed fullback
Out of desperation we offered him a fullbacks contract !!!
That's all she wrote !!!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is how it happened
He came to us mid 2019 season, he deputized brilliantly as desperately needed fullback
Out of desperation we offered him a fullbacks contract !!!
That's all she wrote !!!
I believe he's on 650K at least but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a fair bit more - definitely fullback money but I think it might be a little less than 800K. I remember we knocked back Latrell Mitchell at that time because he said he wanted to play fullback and we considered we'd already signed our fullback in DWZ for decent money.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cook's current contract signed in 2018 until 2023 is $900k per year. Munster signed a 4 year deal in 2018 for $3.6m, that's also $900k. If they signed a contract today they both would be over $1m.

Go Dogs
Regardless, Staggs is not worth $100k or 200k less than Munster or Cook. He is worth at least $400k less than those guys. I would rather we spend the extra $100k or 200k (plus the $800k supposedly being asked for by Staggs) on a top of the game rockstar.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention Staggs wants to stay in Brisneyland. I’m sure the Dogs were interested in a conversation but not at that price. It’s speculation at best.
Seriously how many players,come back well from ACL injuries,not many,and at $800k,no way,much rather promote some of our own,we some have some talented juniors coming through,give them a go.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d be Fucking over the moon. It would be no more than 300k more than hoppa is on. Probably closer to 200k. Keep in mine the highest paid players in our backline are 600ish if you believe cotric. Jac and Allan both less.

No 1mil player or very fucking close which most have like titans, panthers, roosters, storm, raiders,dragons, knights, bunnies, warriors, manly etc. some of these teams have Fucking multiple ! Titans Fifita and Taylor. Manly turbo and Dce. Storm Munster Hughes now. Watch them retain grant and papen probably around 8 each too. Pearce would be close before fucj up, Ponga. Raiders wighton, Papalii. Warriors rts. Bunnies cook walker mirchell. Roosters endless list.

Keep in mind napa is off the books too on his Fucking 650k!

Along with Lewis jmk Meaney Stimson I think? Throw in guys like Katoa Crichton etc for depth quality We can easily land staggs and a quality hooker and have depth signings.

I’d be happy with Thompson and hetho starting. Renouf off the bench with someone.

Stacked in the backrow as it is. Especially with the kids and if we landed the other bronco kid for 300k as reported he’s like a straight swap for meaney ffs.

Upgrades can come when jacko retired for Burt/flan if required. Not to mention others that would be off books around then like Elliott?

Allan
Okon
Cotric
Staggs
Jac
Burton
Flanagan

Fucking make it happen!!!
That’s lethal