The Mole: Big-money Bulldogs favourite to sign gun Broncos centre Kotoni Staggs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$800k a season for any centre, not just Staggs is poor cap management.

Also Will Hopoate better watch this space if this is true about Staggs LOL
I reckon Meaneys on a packet for what he provides, well over double of Oko
It would be interesting to have Staggs Cotric and JAC in the same team, what happens when Burton needs an upgrade?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I reckon Meaneys on a packet for what he provides, well over double of Oko
It would be interesting to have Staggs Cotric and JAC in the same team, what happens when Burton needs an upgrade?
That’s exactly why it’s poor cap management if this is true, Flanagan won’t always be on a pittance that is $300k for a number 7 and we’re still on the look out for a hooker apparently so this signing wouldn’t add up

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We may call it poor cap management if the reported 800k is true but I ask the question, if Staggs @800k was the fullback and Allen @500k is the centre, winger, 5/8 isn’t that reasonable?? It doesn’t matter that Staggs is the centre in this case and Allen is the fullback, we’ve saved on FB money.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no way this is happening. If it was a potential we would of gone harder for S Crichton. So Staggs chased by us on anything like 8% of our total cap space on a non spine player is ridiculous. Our next target is a hooker if Deitz or JMK doesn't work out.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is click bait and nothing more. We'll be linked to every big name with our cap space for 22. Agents will leak false info to drive up their clients price and/or the media will make shit up to generate content and create a story where there isn't one.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d be Fucking over the moon. It would be no more than 300k more than hoppa is on. Probably closer to 200k. Keep in mine the highest paid players in our backline are 600ish if you believe cotric. Jac and Allan both less.

No 1mil player or very fucking close which most have like titans, panthers, roosters, storm, raiders,dragons, knights, bunnies, warriors, manly etc. some of these teams have Fucking multiple ! Titans Fifita and Taylor. Manly turbo and Dce. Storm Munster Hughes now. Watch them retain grant and papen probably around 8 each too. Pearce would be close before fucj up, Ponga. Raiders wighton, Papalii. Warriors rts. Bunnies cook walker mirchell. Roosters endless list.

Keep in mind napa is off the books too on his Fucking 650k!

Along with Lewis jmk Meaney Stimson I think? Throw in guys like Katoa Crichton etc for depth quality We can easily land staggs and a quality hooker and have depth signings.

I’d be happy with Thompson and hetho starting. Renouf off the bench with someone.

Stacked in the backrow as it is. Especially with the kids and if we landed the other bronco kid for 300k as reported he’s like a straight swap for meaney ffs.

Upgrades can come when jacko retired for Burt/flan if required. Not to mention others that would be off books around then like Elliott?

Allan
Okon
Cotric
Staggs
Jac
Burton
Flanagan

Fucking make it happen!!!

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We may call it poor cap management if the reported 800k is true but I ask the question, if Staggs @800k was the fullback and Allen @500k is the centre, winger, 5/8 isn’t that reasonable?? It doesn’t matter that Staggs is the centre in this case and Allen is the fullback, we’ve saved on FB money.
The info we have for 2022...
1 Allen..................$450k *
2 JAC....................$550k *
3 Cotric.................$650k
5 DWZ...................$800k approximately
6 Burton................$500k *
7 Flanagan............$350k *
* Expect a demand of upgrade if we are successful...that's what usually happens !
How much can we really afford to pay for Staggs ???
Hahaha anyone that believes this is remotely true believes in Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

It's not happening.

Mole is probably doing Stagg's manager a solid to milk more money from Brisbane.
We are interested in him !!!
The demands are the obstacle...
Brisbane have plenty of brown paper bags :nomouth:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are interested in him !!!
The demands are the obstacle...
Brisbane have plenty of brown paper bags :nomouth:
Yeah that's why it won't happen we would have to pay a ridiculous amount to get him out of Brisbane.