Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Scroll down and see the disgusting use of our Cathedral on their flyer.
Wow, very disrespectful.

Just as the LBGT want respect, they should respect the Catholics. I'm not a Catholic or agree with them but this is pure baiting.

PS I know it's not the general LBGT community, just like every group/community, there are some trouble making c***s who just want to shit stir and play victim when questioned for it.

Would love to see the reaction if this was next to a synagogue or mosque.....

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Scroll down and see the disgusting use of our Cathedral on their flyer.
I did scroll down.

The event is being held in the Piazza in front of the Cathedral. The image of the Cathedral is the landmark, so people can locate the Piazza.
Not everyone coming is familiar with Sydney, so the image helps them find the place. If it had been held at the Quay, there would have been an image of the Opera House.

Some of the participants are probably members of your church, and proud to be so.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I did scroll down.

The event is being held in the Piazza in front of the Cathedral. The image of the Cathedral is the landmark, so people can locate the Piazza.
Not everyone coming is familiar with Sydney, so the image helps them find the place. If it had been held at the Quay, there would have been an image of the Opera House.

Some of the participants are probably members of your church, and proud to be so.
You may be right Sir but this is still disrespectful using the Cathederals image.

Plus can't you see it's purely done to shit stir and create attention? Any attention is good attention.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Wow, very disrespectful.

Just as the LBGT want respect, they should respect the Catholics. I'm not a Catholic or agree with them but this is pure baiting.

PS I know it's not the general LBGT community, just like every group/community, there are some trouble making c***s who just want to shit stir and play victim when questioned for it.

Would love to see the reaction if this was next to a synagogue or mosque.....
They wouldn't have the balls to do it outside a Mosque. Yet Christians who preach peace are targeted.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I did scroll down.

No it's clearly targeting the Church. They could have simply posted the address or even say it was near the Cathedral, but no, they choose to instead have an image of the Cathedral front and centre of the flyer yet the Cathedral has absolutely NO PART in this.

If you think member of the Church are part of this, you should go there tonight yourself and see what they'll be doing in a peaceful act of protest.

As for the people organising, supporting, and attending this event, I just want you to know that I'll be praying for you.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You may be right Sir but this is still disrespectful using the Cathederals image.

Plus can't you see it's purely done to shit stir and create attention? Any attention is good attention.
Of course it's done to shit stir. That's always been a feature of the mardi gras; they poke fun at the institutions that rail against them.
It's harmless - no storming the place or desecrating the monuments. No assault on worshippers.
They will hold their event, and move on. If no-one reacts, they haven't made any point.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Of course it's done to shit stir. That's always been a feature of the mardi gras; they poke fun at the institutions that rail against them.
It's harmless - no storming the place or desecrating the monuments. No assault on worshippers.
They will hold their event, and move on. If no-one reacts, they haven't made any point.
Well true Christians will not react.

Hopefully the event goes on without trouble.

Wahesh

Reaction score
So you agree it's done to shit stir - that nullifies your first post of showing the Cathedral as a way of people locating it. They are doing it there to shit stir.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't think exposing the most susceptible to a higher risk of catching the virus is the smart thing to do.
That’s their choice though. They would all be vaccinated by then too if they choose to

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well true Christians will not react.

Hopefully the event goes on without trouble.
It has every year. The mardi gras has become an event that is watched world wide, and has given Sydney a reputation for being inclusive and non judgemental. When we allowed international arrivals, the money that flowed in from the event was huge.

As a non gay, I quite like the floats and costumes. I wouldn't go to the after event parties - not my thing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My old man refused to march after what he went through in New Guinea. Same for his mate who survived the Burma Railway.
Said the whole glory thing was for the people who didn't see active service.
My Grandpa never spoke about it. My Dad said his Dad didnt want to talk about it and us grandkids hardly knew of his service.

Only time they knew anything much of his service was on ANZAC Day once every year he caught up with mates from his battalion at a pub in Bankstown.

It must of been a horrific experience in those death stench, lice infested trenches :(

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sounds like more cherry picked fake news. If you want to see where some of this stuff originates, have a look at the Holy Koolaid Youtube site. He does a great job highlighting how extreme views are becoming mainstream.
It's so concerning how triggered and agitated people are getting by these agitators.

Common decency and tolerance of diversity of people, in all its forms, is dying.

Australian society being split into 2 opposing sides like USA :(

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's so concerning how triggered and agitated people are getting by these agitators.

Common decency and tolerance of diversity of people, in all its forms, is dying.

Australian society being split into 2 opposing sides like USA :(
I agree and the perpetually offended, cancel culture, loud screaming minority who don’t allow people to have their own point of view & woke education are just making the divide so much greater

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Grandpa never spoke about it. My Dad said his Dad didnt want to talk about it and us grandkids hardly knew of his service.

Only time they knew anything much of his service was on ANZAC Day once every year he caught up with mates from his battalion at a pub in Bankstown.

It must of been a horrific experience in those death stench, lice infested trenches :(
My grandfather fought at Flanders. Lost a leg to a German shell. The trenches there were unbelievable. Water filled most of the time.
Soldiers developed foot rot from soaked boots, where their skin and flesh sloughed off if they removed their socks. Fresh water was hard to get, and food didn't keep. Enemy shells rained down, and trenches collapsed, burying people alive. Snipers were ready to pick anyone off at any time day or night.

The charges over the top had to contend with barbed wire, deep shell holes, machine gun fire and mortars, bodies ripped apart, smoke making it hard to know which way to go; and the cries of the wounded and dying all around. If it wasn't raining or snowing, morning attacks could have you running with the sun in your eyes.

Needless to say, he thought it was all a waste of time and lives.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you agree it's done to shit stir - that nullifies your first post of showing the Cathedral as a way of people locating it. They are doing it there to shit stir.
They still have to show where it's located. Is the cathedral copyrighted?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My grandfather fought at Flanders. Lost a leg to a German shell. The trenches there were unbelievable. Water filled most of the time.
Soldiers developed foot rot from soaked boots, where their skin and flesh sloughed off if they removed their socks. Fresh water was hard to get, and food didn't keep. Enemy shells rained down, and trenches collapsed, burying people alive. Snipers were ready to pick anyone off at any time day or night.

The charges over the top had to contend with barbed wire, deep shell holes, machine gun fire and mortars, bodies ripped apart, smoke making it hard to know which way to go; and the cries of the wounded and dying all around. If it wasn't raining or snowing, morning attacks could have you running with the sun in your eyes.

Needless to say, he thought it was all a waste of time and lives.
Yes we've been to the Western Front. Very low lying land and just so disgusting the commanders sent wave after wave of men out of the meagre protection of the trenches, only to be mowed down by machine gun fire. Was told the first few metres after the trenches, the bodies were 3 to 4 men deep. If you refused to throw your life away, you were branded a coward by the generals and court marshalled.

Have we learned anything? :(

Wahesh

Reaction score
They still have to show where it's located. Is the cathedral copyrighted?
They don't have to show it, they can simply state it as "Outside St Mary's Cathedral" - but instead they choose to show the mother Church of Australia with gay colours all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.