Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope this post doesn’t offend any of the gay users on here but if you think participants and onlookers of the Mardi Gras will follow social distancing rules in the same manner as old diggers you are seriously deluded. Have you ever been to either parades or marches? Even seen them on TV? Wake up

It’s an absolute disgrace we can’t make an exemption for the Anzacs to have more than 500 people march in the street in late April but Mardi Gras can have 30,000 in an enclosed sports stadium in a few weeks or protests over things that happened 15,000km away.

Does the SCG have a magic potion that won’t allow covid to spread? (not that anyone has it here unlike Chairman Fuckups state).

This is a big mistake from the state government. The Anzac march means a lot to Australians and we should keep with tradition where possible. It’s not a march in a fucking football stadium

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Of course, but in the meantime? The Mardi gras does whatever it wants? Has more right to march than the ANZACS? It's a mega slap in the face
It is a disgrace. You know what's worse though? The gay thing happening outside the Cathedral today. That's really people trying to rub it in.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thats still not the parade though dude. The after party each club/bar will be required to follow the states covid restrictions.

The point is they haven't been given special exemption, there's going to be none of the floats in the scg, only people marching round the scg and a crowd of 23000 (half the scg capacity) which is no different than what the state is allowing for sporting events.

Had they held the actual parade on the street, they'd have the same restrictions as the Anzac day march, so they sought a new venue which allowed more attendees based on the states restrictions
Not that it's for me but wouldn't it be better at the SCG? More of a party atmosphere and being a part of the furnitureof St Vincent's the last 9 years, I'm guessing it would be safer too.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It is a disgrace. You know what's worse though? The gay thing happening outside the Cathedral today. That's really people trying to rub it in.
What's that about?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what? All standard protocols.. the SCG just coincidently is a stone's throw away from the "all in" Oxford St afterparty.

They still got a much better marching deal than the ANZACS.

The gays held on a higher footing than the ANZACS?
That's up to you if you want to read it that way.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not that it's for me but wouldn't it be better at the SCG? More of a party atmosphere and being a part of the furnitureof St Vincent's the last 9 years, I'm guessing it would be safer too.
We've held sporting events with half the capacity of the stadium allowed and haven't had a problem. I don't see why this should be any different.

But of course all of this can change at the drop of a hat if covid is in the community.

Theyve done nothing wrong, they've followed the state governements restrictions/protocols

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another classic Pop quote in regards to the RSL was what do you think I watched men needlessly die all so I could play poker machines and drink piss and play bingo with a bunch of geriatrics’s. He was brutal.
My old man refused to march after what he went through in New Guinea. Same for his mate who survived the Burma Railway.
Said the whole glory thing was for the people who didn't see active service.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this post doesn’t offend any of the gay users on here but if you think participants and onlookers of the Mardi Gras will follow social distancing rules in the same manner as old diggers you are seriously deluded. Have you ever been to either parades or marches? Even seen them on TV? Wake up

It’s an absolute disgrace we can’t make an exemption for the Anzacs to have more than 500 people march in the street in late April but Mardi Gras can have 30,000 in an enclosed sports stadium in a few weeks or protests over things that happened 15,000km away.

Does the SCG have a magic potion that won’t allow covid to spread? (not that anyone has it here unlike Chairman Fuckups state).

This is a big mistake from the state government. The Anzac march means a lot to Australians and we should keep with tradition where possible. It’s not a march in a fucking football stadium
I don't think exposing the most susceptible to a higher risk of catching the virus is the smart thing to do.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Another classic pop quote was the only bloody good thing that came out of the war was they gave your grandmother an opportunity to learn how to fix these bloody cars because all the men were away killing each other. Anyway best thing they bloody did because fucked if I know how to change the oil in the thing.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Grandfather fought in WWII and got shot and survived and went on to have a long happy marriage with kids and grandkids however he was the biggest hater of all thing ANZAC or RSL he always said I can’t respect a man that would kill another human because someone else told them to. He said if anyone calls me a hero they are very wrong.

In fact I reckon he would have much rather cheer on a bunch of people marching to celebrate love and acceptance and happiness. I don’t know that was just how he saw shit after experience war.
Same here, my pop was in New Guinea and refused point blank to talk about it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We've held sporting events with half the capacity of the stadium allowed and haven't had a problem. I don't see why this should be any different.

But of course all of this can change at the drop of a hat if covid is in the community.

Theyve done nothing wrong, they've followed the state governements restrictions/protocols
I think using the SCG is a good idea, the ANZAC parade should follow suit to maximise attendance too, which they deserve.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's that about?
Sounds like more cherry picked fake news. If you want to see where some of this stuff originates, have a look at the Holy Koolaid Youtube site. He does a great job highlighting how extreme views are becoming mainstream.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another classic pop quote was the only bloody good thing that came out of the war was they gave your grandmother an opportunity to learn how to fix these bloody cars because all the men were away killing each other. Anyway best thing they bloody did because fucked if I know how to change the oil in the thing.
Pop quotes lol. My grandmother's maiden name was Holden (kid you not) and my pop would always brag he was driving the oldest Holden in town.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not blaming the gays... I'm just saying they have struck a better deal than the ANZACS? How can they have more leverage than the ANZACS? Held on higher footing.. seems ridiculous to me

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you plug the car into your computer, it will tell you how to change the oil; then report you for breaching the warranty.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not blaming the gays... I'm just saying they have struck a better deal than the ANZACS? How can they have more leverage than the ANZACS? Held on higher footing.. seems ridiculous to me
The ANZACs want the street. Which part of that don't you understand

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Don't let facts get in the way

It took about 20 seconds to look that up and read it
Google is a marvellous thing
Shame more don’t use it

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
They don't have any more leverage; they were more flexible with what they wanted. The ANZACs wanted to do the same old thing, regardless of the change in circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.