Burton

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Burton would replace Napa in the top 30 so we would still have a roster spot we could use on a prop I guess?

It would depend on what was available and how much cap room we would have left but they would have to be experienced.
Surely AFB is sick of Gus and Brown by now and is getting homesick for Sydney to work under TBaz again [emoji6]

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
just went onto Riccio official twitter handle and there is no such post?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion:

We need Napa this season more than we need Burton. This will be Napa’s first opportunity to play for us in what isn’t a fucking horrendous football team coached by a bloke from the pub.

We have no depth in the front row.
Get the fuck outta here with your rational opinion.

This is TK for fuck sakes.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Stimson is an edge or lock (the second row type, ball playing, not the metre eater prop type). Until we see him play a game at prop we shouldn't be jumping the gun saying he's a middle. From what I've seen of Stimson I don't think he'll be an effective prop at all (love to be proven wrong).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stimson is an edge or lock (not second row type, ball playing, not the metre eater prop type). Until we see him play a game at prop we shouldn't be jumping the gun saying he's a middle. From what I've seen of Stimson I don't think he'll be an effective prop.
Baz had already publicly said Stimson WILL play prop and he HAS been training there..doesn't matter what any of us think, it's happening.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that Penrith would have any interest in Napa unless we paid almost all of his contract. If the club could somehow afford to do that and squeeze Burton in, then obviously you'd do it but it doesn't seem likely or practical.
Yep agreed
No point laying down on this one. Seems like the worst option for us despite everyones opinions on Papi
be better off letting it roll on during the year, if they want Napa they can sign him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Baz had already publicly said Stimson WILL play prop and he HAS been training there..doesn't matter what any of us think, it's happening.
I've heard Baz publicly say Stimson has been training in the middle which can be either prop or lock. He also mentioned his ball playing which locks utilise. Is this what you heard or something else (specifically the mention of prop)? To put this in perspective, Elliott plays in the middle but he wouldn't be effective at prop either.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s footy suicide to play two inexperienced halves in Flanagan and Bruton behind a front row with 60 odd NRL games between them.
I wouldn’t hesitate Napa for burton if we had a chance. These young halves will handle it fine, Especially Burton.

We need this clean out, Napa came to us very experienced and rep player so imo the shit he’s dished up since being here has nothing to do with coaching.

If he plays good this year chances are it’s only cause it’s for a contract, then back to usual like the plodders we’ve accepted over the last 5 years.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've heard Baz publicly say Stimson has been training in the middle which can be either prop or lock. He also mentioned his ball playing which locks utilise. Is this what you heard or something else (specifically the mention of prop)? To put this in perspective, Elliott plays in the middle but he wouldn't be effective at prop either.
100%, middles are the same defensively not in attack.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t hesitate Napa for burton if we had a chance. These young halves will handle it fine, Especially Burton.

We need this clean out, Napa came to us very experienced and rep player so imo the shit he’s dished up since being here has nothing to do with coaching.

If he plays good this year chances are it’s only cause it’s for a contract, then back to usual like the plodders we’ve accepted over the last 5 years.
It’s a huge risk unless a replacement for Napa isn’t bought in. A year playing behind a badly beaten pack could really undermine the confidence and it’s something some players never recover from.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s a huge risk unless a replacement for Napa isn’t bought in. A year playing behind a badly beaten pack could really undermine the confidence and it’s something some players never recover from.
is this a bs post? there is nothing on riccio twitter handle

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand what your saying. I don’t think our pack would even realise Napa isn’t there to be honest.

Flanno and Burton would have a year together before more key signings come.

The outside backs we have this year will also give them plenty to work with. If Burton is as good as I think he will be (in my head) I want him here ASAP.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand what your saying. I don’t think our pack would even realise Napa isn’t there to be honest.

Flanno and Burton would have a year together before more key signings come.

The outside backs we have this year will also give them plenty to work with. If Burton is as good as I think he will be (in my head) I want him here ASAP.
I think our front row is a potential issue now and I just don’t think we can afford to lose another prop. Napa is the most experienced prop we have by a mile and unless that’s getting replaced it’s going to cause issues.

Im not arguing about wanting Burton here ASAP but I think we should be going about it another way.

From a cap point of view I can’t see this swap happening unless we pick up a large chunk of Napa’s freight which is another negative to it all. Once you add that in with Burton’s salary I’m not sure how much money that would leave us to get a Napa replacement.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If it was possible to move on Napa early I'd take it in a heart beat. I think he's one of the biggest issues in the team, being on 650k and playing like a 250-300k forward (at best). I don't mind having players in the team because of experience but they need to at least be average (Napa is below average obviously). I do think we're already light at prop, but Napa is pretty far down the pecking order when you're only looking at ability. I wouldn't be surprised if we promoted someone and they gave us the same output. I'd chip in the difference to make it happen and if there was any truth to the Burton thing, bringing Burton in one year early is massive for this year and next year.