Burton

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add to that Spoonman is the fact that Hetherington was a bit of a loose cannon......and has a bit of a reputation with the Judiciary. Sure, he may well have changed and RB may have got in his ear, but it only takes one indiscretion and our front row stocks will be quite diminished. Hetherington has not got a lot og NRL games under his bely (possibly more for Atoni & Ogden.....but they both need to be fit).Talk of Stimson is fine, but he has played very little at Prop (if any). It is also important to note that the number of interchanges has been reduced for next year and there are likely to be far less scrums for a prop to take a rest........we need fit and athletic types.....that's where Thompson will add some value eventually.
Yep that's a valid point re Hetherington, I just dont see the value of Napa. With his lack of production I see Napa being replaceable by just about any fringe front tower from around the league or the UK.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great point about Hetherington Blue! His high tackle on Tapau will haunt him for a while because of the loading for any type of high tackle will result in a suspension now. So much will rely on Thompson this year he has to play like an elite prop to lead the way because we can’t expect the rest to do it as they haven’t shown they are capable in their career yet.

I think Hetherington and Atoni will improve and step up but Ogden has so much work to do and Stimson can probably do a job too but to what degree? Napa hasn’t been great but he’s a big body and has experience plus the most important thing he is off contract and we have seen what players do in a contract year. In a perfect world we swap Napa for Burton as well as buying an experienced prop but a lot has to fall into place for that to happen. I don’t think we afford to bring in another rookie prop in to replace Napa with what we have.
A lot of this makes sense, particularly re Heatho. I suppose I rate Napa so lowly that I see no value to him. His lack of mobility, impact or ability to play long minutes will be further found out by the rule changes. Essentially what we are putting our hope in is that this being a contract year has Napa play like he hasn't in nearly a decade.. I can't see it happening. However I would love to be proven wrong & will happily admit the point in the future if he is able to flip his game by mid way through the year. Either way, I think our style of football is going to be better than it has been for years which hopefully translates to more "w's". For the first time in years we enter a season where I look forward to watching our progress with some hope & positivity...Go the Dogs!

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly can’t believe we pulled that signing off. He’s a weapon at centre and he’s not even playing to his strengths with his playmaking yet. Can’t wait to see how he goes during the origin period when he has his hands on the ball more