Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Allan was a very highly rated junior which is why Souths paid him so much before he played FG.

He didn't do much early on with Souths but impressed last year in various positions. He was solid at fullback even if he isn't the quickest, he's a damaging ball runner that can also play wing or centre. I don't think it's any coincidence Souths went on a huge run when he was at fullback as he was far more involved with kick returns and defensively than Latrell was.

If he was signed for cheap enough it could be an astute buy and hopefully Allan can surprise some people. As long as Averillo is still a starter and focal point this season then I don't mind this signing.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Allan was a very highly rated junior which is why Souths paid him so much before he played FG.

He didn't do much early on with Souths but impressed last year in various positions. He was solid at fullback even if he isn't the quickest, he's a damaging ball runner that can also play wing or centre. I don't think it's any coincidence Souths went on a huge run when he was at fullback as he was far more involved with kick returns and defensively than Latrell was.

If he was signed for cheap enough it could be an astute buy and hopefully Allan can surprise some people. As long as Averillo is still a starter and focal point this season then I don't mind this signing.
Can easily see him becoming a centre. So hopefully Baz gives Avo time at 5/8 with the idea to shift Allan to Hoppa's centre spot and avo to Fb when Burton comes along.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think listening to Barrett he has mentioned big body in the backline a couple of times. Allan is decent size.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Top post

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And Allan blatantly isn't the QLD fullback, wake up you fucking dickhead. Do Ponga and Brimson play netball???
Beast Mode??
More like fucking ‘Whinge Mode’
Jesus Christ..you are a ‘Karen’ about pretty much everything.
I would hate to see the stock pile of Anti Depressants you haven’t been taking.
We had Holland,Montoya,Foran,Smith..and Cogger..
We have now signed JAC,Cotric,Allan,Burton and Flanagan..
Not to mention..Hetherington and Waddell..
Are the new players a massive step up from the shit we had??
Abso-fucking-lutely!!!
Take a Xanax and be happy for fuck sake

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Beast Mode??
More like fucking ‘Whinge Mode’
Jesus Christ..you are a ‘Karen’ about pretty much everything.
I would hate to see the stock pile of Anti Depressants you haven’t been taking.
We had Holland,Montoya,Foran,Smith..and Cogger..
We have now signed JAC,Cotric,Allan,Burton and Flanagan..
Not to mention..Hetherington and Waddell..
Are the new players a massive step up from the shit we had??
Abso-fucking-lutely!!!
Take a Xanax and be happy for fuck sake
Hahah tell him what you really feel.

I've called out @BEAST MODE plenty of times on his apparent negativity but in this case he's simply stating facts.

He's said it's a decent signing, but people are trying to make out we've signed some superstar fullback because he played origin when there wasn't a lot of competition for that spot. And he's right.

Get what you're saying but in this case .... I have to disagree with you mate. Sorry.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've called out @BEAST MODE plenty of times on his apparent negativity but in this case he's simply stating facts.

He's said it's a decent signing, but people are trying to make out we've signed some superstar fullback because he played origin when there wasn't a lot of competition for that spot. And he's right.

Get what you're saying but in this case .... I have to disagree with you mate. Sorry.
Comparing apples to apples he’s a lot better than the shit we had last year and the stats prove that don’t think he’s a superstar im sure no one is implying that(cos he isn’t) but if everyone on here is complaining about it because they expect us to sign a Tedesco or papenhauzen wake up to yourselves

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Nah mate..this is a culmination of numerous replies and posts..
Fucking negative Nancy..
We have signed players well and truly superior to what we had..
End Of

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

I don’t recall any post where anyone used the term “superstar”, or anything remotely close to it. I think Marley was actually the first to post such a descriptor in the negative sense. As is not uncommon for him he takes a post that says something like “good signing“ and grossly exaggerates that to “superstar signing”. That then justifies him resorting to an amplified response that reverts to the grossly negative “bog average signing”. It’s just a vain attempt to suck the OP into justifying the “superstar” tag that they didn’t actually apply in the first place.

Go Dogs

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No guarantees but this rumour also gets a run on the back page of tomorrow’s Daily Telegraph

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
A good allrounder adding experience and pace in the backline until we get our shit together. No doubt the club will spin this as a major signature of an origin (lol) player.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
A good allrounder adding experience and pace in the backline until we get our shit together. No doubt the club will spin this as a major signature of an origin (lol) player.
At least we won't have to see the Rabbitohs jersey in the graphic.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No matter how you cut it Corey Allen is an origin player....if a debutant plays his first game due to injury in a Grand Final win, lose or draw is he not considered a player that has played in a Grand Final, has he not played a part in a Grand Final no matter how he got there, would he not be considered a Premiership player if they should happen to win??? The case in point is Corey is an origin player, he got his call up, he took the field for the maroons and the rest is history.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No matter how you cut it Corey Allen is an origin player....if a debutant plays his first game due to injury in a Grand Final win, lose or draw is he not considered a player that has played in a Grand Final, has he not played a part in a Grand Final no matter how he got there, would he not be considered a Premiership player if they should happen to win??? The case in point is Corey is an origin player, he got his call up, he took the field for the maroons and the rest is history.
No one is saying Allan hasn't played origin (that'd be silly). If we were picking our QLD team now for 2021 he wouldn't be in the 17 so I wouldn't classify him as an origin player (Napa has played origin but he isn't an origin player). He also doesn't have to be. There are only so many players who are and they're more expensive or simply not available. You also can't only fill a team with origin players. As long as we've paid an appropriate amount Allan will be a good addition.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Just remind me please.......Is Cory Allan still contracted to the Bunnies for 2021?......................If so then reading the media that means that they want move him on so that they can sign Mansour (at a discounted rate). Surely then we must expect the Bunnies to contribute to Allan's price for 2021......seems fair. Don't help the Bunnies out by taking him with no contribution.........

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just remind me please.......Is Cory Allan still contracted to the Bunnies for 2021?......................If so then reading the media that means that they want move him on so that they can sign Mansour (at a discounted rate). Surely then we must expect the Bunnies to contribute to Allan's price for 2021......seems fair. Don't help the Bunnies out by taking him with no contribution.........
I don’t think South’s will contribute at all as Allan isn’t being pushed out the door because they have to get rid of him for cap issues. I think it’s more to do with Allan wanting a easier run at a first grade spot and if South’s had to contribute they would just keep him until his deal runs out.