Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I reackon hes faster than the fox, we need speed lets go get metcalf , if Penrith can have 4 or 5 halves so can we.
Yeah be interesting to see them all in a race like they did back in the day, the fox, paps, fidow, metcalf, staines

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If im not mistaken, metcalf was flanagans half partner in sharks u20 a few years back.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He really should have played fullback when Turbo went down... But we all know Des would never do something like that after his time with us having fill in wingers play in the 1 lol
Yeah surprised he didn't. Was he in their top 30?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The telecrap getting shit wrong again. They just doubled our offer to Burton lol.
Hahah if we were offering him that he'd have been signed long long ago. Fucking Telecrap.

No one in the press has an idea about this. Same story or lack of story going around and around.

When's the last time there was any info at all about him coming to us from the boys on here?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Hahah if we were offering him that he'd have been signed long long ago. Fucking Telecrap.

No one in the press has an idea about this. Same story or lack of story going around and around.

When's the last time there was any info at all about him coming to us from the boys on here?
The kennel info has dried up that's the main source of info for the telecrap.

brockodore

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The telecrap getting shit wrong again. They just doubled our offer to Burton lol.
Pretty sure they mean 1.6 million over the two years not for each year. 800k for each year is an exaggeration as well surely.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He might wait until a few rounds into the competition next year to make the decision, to see if Panthers give him regular game time like they’ve promised. The longer it drags on the less hope i have that he’ll come

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm still going with he has agreed 22/23 and we are negotiating with the riff for 21. When they know how much they need to upgrade the current starters and get that done we will get him. No idea if its the case, just hopeful.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought having TBaz as the coach would be the decisive factor that got Burton to the Dogs , but that’s clearly not the case. If he’d signed for 22/23 it would have been announced by now.It would appear we are just another pawn in a bidding war we can’t/won’t win

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm still going with he has agreed 22/23 and we are negotiating with the riff for 21. When they know how much they need to upgrade the current starters and get that done we will get him. No idea if its the case, just hopeful.
We need more certainty than that.

If they had his signature for 22-23 it would be made public immediately.

They need to set him a deadline.

He needs to work out if he wants to be playing first grade week in week out in his preferred position.

Or if the premiership dream at the Panthers with potential injuries to others. Giving him the opportunity to shine.

He is a huge talent but we need to get our house in order. If he is not on board... we need to move onto PlanB.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with this. There are a few guys on TK who all have strong mail (and they're right about 90% of the time) who are all saying he has already agreed to terms for 22/23 so I'm sticking with that. Is it possible they're all wrong, or something has changed, yes, but if so, they would have likely told us

I agree if he has already signed it should have been announced immediately but maybe the club is delaying it for a reason. I think it has to do with waiting for Penrith to upgrade their stars before they decide whether to release him early.

Personally I would be stunned if we didn't get him. For once we're actually the favourites to sign a gun so if we miss out on him despite being able to offer more than anyone less, despite having Baz as coach and Laundy for post career mentoring, it will be an epic failure on our part.

Regardless, we can't let this saga drag on beyond Christmas. Get this done or move on to Plan B - another gun 20yo

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When does Panthers pre season start ? i would assume a decision will be made by then.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need more certainty than that.

If they had his signature for 22-23 it would be made public immediately.

They need to set him a deadline.

He needs to work out if he wants to be playing first grade week in week out in his preferred position.

Or if the premiership dream at the Panthers with potential injuries to others. Giving him the opportunity to shine.

He is a huge talent but we need to get our house in order. If he is not on board... we need to move onto PlanB.
I agree 100%.His agent is a grub , using us and the media to drive up the price, our offer “apparently “ doubling to 800k according to 1 “journalist” (not sure if he is on commission too)
We need to sure up our roster for 21 and beyond. We had a good window of opportunity having money under the 2021 cap to negotiate and secure players, whilst other clubs don’t. And that window is closing

Last edited:
Reactions: CMP

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No no...you can check it on social media...Harry G is Arthur's nephews sons cousins brother in laws 2nd wife's step brother. Easy to understand really.
Main thing is that there is Laundy DNA