Official Reimis Smith to the Storm

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reimis is our best winger?
He could hardly crack the first grade side due to his poor attitude and desire to be a crappy centre.
Not being able to crack top grade in the team we had this year is telling you something.
When playing yes, when playing on a wing he scored over 10 tries for us, name the last player to do that for us?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really doubt we are paying freight on Reimis.
We had not real motivation to move him on, so why pay for him to leave?
We aren't under cap pressure, so I cant see us contributing given we are not desperate to clear cap space.
I don't think we're because I don't believe he's on 450k (more so between 300-350k). There are people on here pretending to be in the know saying Reimis is on 450k. If that was correct (which I don't believe it is) then there's no way the Storm is paying 450k for Reimis. They had JAC on less than 400k (which was upgraded from a lower amount).

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think we're because I don't believe he's on 450k (more so between 300-350k). There are people on here pretending to be in the know saying Reimis is on 450k. If that was correct (which I don't believe it is) then there's no way the Storm is paying 450k for Reimis. They had JAC on less than 400k (which was upgraded from a lower amount).
Yeah agreed.
Its a Melbourne special, buy club discards who are fringe first graders with some upside potential on small salaries and help them lift their game - Brenko Lee prime example.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smith was on less than $300. There's no way this happens unless we are pursuing Mansour JAC or Crichton.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. So Melbourne get to keep JAC while also getting remis on top. And still also keeping cam Smith, b.smith and grant. I can see another salary cap scandal unfolding.
Perhaps our interest in JAC was a smoke screen fir someone else?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the thing about Remis unfollowing us on IG a few weeks ago turned out to be correct then. Which is good news for us regarding Burton.

Well that means I'll have to start following Mansour, Naden, Chricton, Grant and B.Smith on IG to find out what the fuck is going on.....or D-voice could just save me the hassle and let us all know since he seems to have all the mail

$450K for Remis has to be taking the piss. If Mansour is on $500K, we may as well take Mansour then if it means we get Burton early...at least Mansour has a crack every week. I'd prefer Naden but I'll trust Baz to make the right call

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So the thing about Remis unfollowing us on IG a few weeks ago turned out to be correct then. Which is good news for us regarding Burton.

Well that means I'll have to start following Mansour, Naden, Chricton, Grant and B.Smith on IG to find out what the fuck is going on.....or D-voice could just save me the hassle and let us all know since he seems to have all the mail

$450K for Remis has to be taking the piss. If Mansour is on $500K, we may as well take Mansour then if it means we get Burton early...at least Mansour has a crack every week. I'd prefer Naden but I'll trust Baz to make the right call
d-voice said Remis in '22 so something must've happened for him to leave a year early. Has to be another signing?

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reality is we ended up 15th last year for a reason, I expect there will be further players moved on from last years squad before next March, Barrett will quickly want to build a team able to compete with the top 4..he’s not here for mediocre results

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasn’t lived up to the hype. Good luck hope he can make it at the storm. Not upset if he becomes a rep player. Its not unusual for that to occur at the storm. Look at plodders like Brenko aka Bronco Lee. Diabolical player with us. Somehow has a premiership ring.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reading between all the lines, and at the end of the day Smith didn’t want to remain at the Dogs. Through his on field efforts, and apparent attitude problem, you could see this well before Baz turned up. He obviously signed with Storm for 2022, and like most clubs these days, we’ve decided to release him early. No use keeping players that don’t want to play for the jersey. I thought Smith had plenty of potential and could have been a very good 10yr+ winger for the Dogs, but he didn’t feel the same way and wanted out. Let’s wait and see what comes of this, we have a few spots open now and a real chance to change the shape of this squad for 2021 and also moving pawns around for 2022.