'We'd love Matt on board': Barrett keen on Penrith ace

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Burton is a gun but I'm getting over the five stories a day about him and any other player we're linked to and the constant speculation.. But that's what happens when it's the offseason I guess.. Even if he doesn't come over til 22, I don't mind as long as we sign him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You said it’s a matter of 21 or 22. It can’t be 21
Because he’s trying to get out of the agreement and also the legality of it as it depends how they are worded

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully the tigers fuck off. He obviously doesn’t want to go there. What a basket case if you try and force that. I hope he signs with us for 2022 and then we work it out with storm and tigers fuck off.

Smith out for addo carr is a huge win for us. A good compensation for storm and it also helps our cap.
Fuck off togers!
I can just imagine the Tigers trolling the Kennel saying Fuck off Bulldogs09!
Sorry brother not another word
Love your work.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don't be concerned... :-)
I am just having nightmarish withdrawals :weary:
Not concerned - I supported the poor bastard when we were in a very rough spot. He did his best but was never the long term solution. I heard he’s knocked back help to get an assistant role somewhere in the NRL and only wants to be involved in lower grades moving forward. I know that means some will put shit on him about not being up to it etc but I wish the bloke well and am excited for our new chapter.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not concerned - I supported the poor bastard when we were in a very rough spot. He did his best but was never the long term solution. I heard he’s knocked back help to get an assistant role somewhere in the NRL and only wants to be involved in lower grades moving forward. I know that means some will put shit on him about not being up to it etc but I wish the bloke well and am excited for our new chapter.
To be fair to him his hands were tied in terms of everything. Team selections, recruitments. He couldn’t do anything he wanted to do. I was a critic of him but after hearing that, I felt bad for the bloke.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We can’t get Addo Carr for 2021 because of that heads of agreement. If he leaves storm he has to go with tigers. So it’s either storm or tigers next year.

But if he stays at storm next year the heads of agreement lapses and he can go anywhere in 2022
Heads of agreement should mean fuckall , it’s not JAC who decides where he goes next year it’s Melb as they will only release under their terms, So unless Melbourne signed the heads of agreement the tigers only have an autograph

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Throw the kitchen sink at Burton.
Storm sniffing around.
600k/year for 3 should get the job done.
We’ve let too many guns get away from us in the past, so while we have the chance, put it out of reach of the rivals.
I think money well spent.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair to him his hands were tied in terms of everything. Team selections, recruitments. He couldn’t do anything he wanted to do. I was a critic of him but after hearing that, I felt bad for the bloke.
Good on you mate. Many were critics and let’s face it, we didn’t get results. But we had a reserve grade team and couldn’t recruit until the cap issues were solved - all done now. I think Deano was desperately searching for anything - even bringing back Grub at one point, but that was kiboshed higher up. Anyway - ancient history now - we have a new beginning. Roll on 2021!

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heads of agreement should mean fuckall , it’s not JAC who decides where he goes next year it’s Melb as they will only release under their terms, So unless Melbourne signed the heads of agreement the tigers only have an autograph
I think the complexity is that JAC wants to go to Tigers but storm will not release him without compensation and Tigers refusing the compensation requested.

2022 he can go to Tigers without the compensation.

Dogs will pay compensation, but JAC signed the heads of agreement...

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the complexity is that JAC wants to go to Tigers but storm will not release him without compensation and Tigers refusing the compensation requested.

2022 he can go to Tigers without the compensation.

Dogs will pay compensation, but JAC signed the heads of agreement...
Jac wants to go to tigers?? I thought he preferred to go to bulldogs