Opinion Who else thinks the Bulldogs are a top8 team for 2021?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Call me blue eyed, but Thomson, Jackson, Elliot, RFM, Ogden, Toomaga, Napa, Hetherington, Stimson, Waddell and Doorey is not a shit pack. Sure there are better packs in the NRLol, but there is some quality in ours too.
Lots of potential there but our players were really unfit compared to the other teams. If Barrett can get our fitness up to standard then I guess we're a chance.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's wait and see how we go first few games.i got excited when pay came on board and said we would b the dogs of war and play more entertaining footy.
It was as if hasler had never left .plus a few dud signing .FFS clay priest!!!! What was pay thinking.
At least we've signed a few decent players
I hope top 8.we are too big a club to be missing out on finals football

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are short a hooker, 2 props and a genuine centre to make the 8
We definitely need a few props.

Our current forward pack lacks metres and grunt.

Definitely a powder puff pack

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We are far from being a top 8 side. Our forward pack still sucks and we still have an average hooker and fullback.
I think we have a good forward pack, Ogden is big and mobile with plenty potential, Thonpson looked good in his last few games, Napa can improve, Toomago can improve and hethrington.
Plus we have plenty of good backrowers, some which can play in the front row.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we have a good forward pack, Ogden is big and mobile with plenty potential, Thonpson looked good in his last few games, Napa can improve, Toomago can improve and hethrington.
Plus we have plenty of good backrowers, some which can play in the front row.
The problem is you are putting so much hope in Ogden, Napa and Renouf improving and we haven't really seen any improvement to little improvement in them over the last 2 years. I'm not saying they can't improve but there is no way you can bank on it after what they have done so far.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's a lot that needs to change to jump into finals contention. But I'm hopeful that we'll see three main areas improve.

Structure- keep our forwards from playing too wide~ will give our backs room to move.
- More depth in our attacking line~ allows for players to run into the ball rather than the standing starts they've been guilty of recently.

Fitness- No long lapses in defence due to fatigue.

Confidence/Composure- A huge issue for us over the last couple of seasons has been that one silly error has seen six follow up errors in quick succession which has allowed our opponents to throw 6-18 points on the board quickly. Seems like it's a matter of the side losing composure and wanting to get on top again in the next set and making unforced errors through a sense of urgency. Patience and confidence will improve that.

So overall I don't know if we'll be pushing for finals football. I hope so, but I'll keep my expectations in check until I see what the early form looks like.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I’d say 9th or 10th even with Burton next year BUT 2022 we definitely make the 8.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With our current roster, no, we'll be a lot more competitive but we're still 2 or 3 quality players away from the 8.
If we sign Burton for next year we're fringe 8.
If Cam Smith plays on and we get Harry Grant and Burton, we sneak into the 8.
If we get really lucky and manage to sign a quality middle and centre as well as Grant and Burton, than we make the 8 and are a genuine threat.
Can’t fit all them in salarycap, our sides pretty good at the moment.Burton, Grant and say for arguments sake, Jessie Ramien as the centre and a good prop, we couldn’t fit them all in.
we don’t need a team of all stars, I don’t think anyway

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm hopeful of top 8. In reality I'm expecting #sacktheflange within the first four rounds, not necessarily because Kyle will deserve it, but if he makes a couple of errors too many of our fan base are that impatient.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your all negative people ,I know we been rubbish as of late but common ,were the bulldogs ,were not gna tolerate another year missing the 8 ,so we as supporters should in our own right expect anything less than top 8 ,keep your standards high and the team will follow [emoji23]

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The successful teams (except roosters) develop players that are seen as average and those that aren’t on a lot of money. That’s what Trent Barrett and the new coaching staff will aim to do, build a team and improve on what we already have.
Melbourne for example turn average players into a great team. We have a good enough team already, an experienced number 9 would help though. A Michael Ennis would be good

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 quality signing away from contesting the 8, 2 quality signings from making the 8 and 3 quality signings from knocking on the door of top 4

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t fit all them in salarycap, our sides pretty good at the moment.Burton, Grant and say for arguments sake, Jessie Ramien as the centre and a good prop, we couldn’t fit them all in.
we don’t need a team of all stars, I don’t think anyway
If we get Burton and Grant for 2021 I'll be stoked. We'd still have a young and inexperienced spine though, so I wouldn't be expecting any miracles, though I would expect us to be competitive and be in the hunt to make the finals.