Rumour Possible new home

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Was a shithole but got upgrades. I actually enjoyed going there with my family regularly while we were based there.
There wasn't a good seat anywhere
I went to watch the Wanderers there and it still was a shithole

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
but why do we need further arguments and turf wars?
Because we need to establish the club as the major club in south west Sydney. The Tigers are too preoccupied with keeping either side of the merger happy and this is a chance for the Bulldogs to own the whole corridor.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Because we need to establish the club as the major club in south west Sydney. The Tigers are too preoccupied with keeping either side of the merger happy and this is a chance for the Bulldogs to own the whole corridor.
i get it.
but is is weaken one strength to bolster another?
i dont know. i feel we will lose the 'Canterbury' and inner west side of our club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i get it.
but is is weaken one strength to bolster another?
i dont know. i feel we will lose the 'Canterbury' and inner west side of our club.
They HQ will still be in Belmore I don’t see much difference if they play at ANZ, BankWest or Liverpool. It you get the choice of playing at a brand new stadium, a stadium shared with Parra or a aging 80k stadium which one do you choose?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
They HQ will still be in Belmore I don’t see much difference if they play at ANZ, BankWest or Liverpool. It you get the choice of playing at a brand new stadium, a stadium shared with Parra or a aging 80k stadium which one do you choose?
honest answer?
for me the one steeped in tradition we were at as kids and in our glory days.

but at the same time im one of the longest dogs fans on the forum, being a fan since '98. its different i guess for the younger/newer gen.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
How is Liverpool, Canterbury bankstown? Why do we do this shit all the time. Let the tigers go west. We should just stick to anz stadium if Belmore isn’t getting a major upgrade
Neither are part of the District and both sit just on the outskirts. Geographically there's little to no difference.

As I mentioned in another post, Liverpool is much more closer to the main roads i.e M5, M7 (and the M4 is only less than 15mins away from M7)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
honest answer?
for me the one steeped in tradition we were at as kids and in our glory days.

but at the same time im one of the longest dogs fans on the forum, being a fan since '98. its different i guess for the younger/newer gen.
So you want ANZ unless that one season with tiny crowds at Belmore in 98 made such a impact....

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Upgrade Belmore Sports Oval and that is it.

Plenty of public transport around

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So you want ANZ unless that one season with tiny crowds at Belmore in 98 made such a impact....
Cant believe you.
its not how you casually rubbish our spiritual home, its how casual you do it.

This is our home, our identity, our memories.

Whern i first got into league, one of my happiest memories was befriending alot of older lebs, who took me under their wing and would always sit behind the goalposts on the south side.

i learnt about footy from these guys. they would always congregate 10-15 at at a time, dressed in suits, always thick moustaches and smoking, wit thick curly bobs of hair drinking arak.
They must have been around 50.

i learnt alot about my identity from these guys and When i would come, they would all burst into huge smiles or laughter and say 'the little hubbard (sp?) is here, which was some playful arab nickname they gave me. remember it well.
We would talk, watch the game, cheer, sometimes i would take some of their arak and tell jokes.
They ran fruit shops, one worked in a caryard, another had a clothes shop, and the rest from memory were cleaners.
These were my people and i learnt about my identity. here in the winter sun with me watching the bulldogs play in front of me.
chicks to the right and fans to the left.

Happiest days of my life, and it is what makes our game great.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant believe you.
its not how you casually rubbish our spiritual home, its how casual you do it.

This is our home, our identity, our memories.

Whern i first got into league, one of my happiest memories was befriending alot of older lebs, who took me under their wing and would always sit behind the goalposts on the south side.

i learnt about footy from these guys. they would always congregate 10-15 at at a time, dressed in suits, always thick moustaches and smoking, wit thick curly bobs of hair drinking arak.
They must have been around 50.

i learnt alot about my identity from these guys and When i would come, they would all burst into huge smiles or laughter and say 'the little hubbard (sp?) is here, which was some playful arab nickname they gave me. remember it well.
We would talk, watch the game, cheer, sometimes i would take some of their arak and tell jokes.
They ran fruit shops, one worked in a caryard, another had a clothes shop, and the rest from memory were cleaners.
These were my people and i learnt about my identity. here in the winter sun with me watching the bulldogs play in front of me.
chicks to the right and fans to the left.

Happiest days of my life, and it is what makes our game great.
You're even shit at telling stories...

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There wasn't a good seat anywhere
I went to watch the Wanderers there and it still was a shithole
Good for you.. I’m not selling it to you just pointing out that when we played there I went plenty of times with my kids and had a ball and it was easy to get to.

A proper upgrade there would make a good home. That’s all...

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Good for you.. I’m not selling it to you just pointing out that when we played there I went plenty of times with my kids and had a ball and it was easy to get to.

A proper upgrade there would make a good home. That’s all...
reminded me of north sydney oval
the field wasnt in sync with the grandstands

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Anz is 15 mins from Belmore

why would we wanna move from there?
If it wasn't for Politis and the corrupt ***** at NRL hq then ANZ would have got the upgrade. SFS didn't deserve it, in a shit spot and not viable for massive headline sporting events like ANZ is

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I wish we had done a deal to stay and develop the showground where the Giants now call home.. Homebush is pretty accessible for everyone.
The problem with the Showground is that it’s an oval, as it will always have to be to suit the RAS and other users. For all the same reasons that Belmore Oval was changed to a rectangular ground in 1968 to become Belmore Sports Ground.

Go Dogs

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liverpool area is the future, that's where we were supposed to be had it not gone shit 20 years ago. Are we still able to build something to oasis there?