Rumour Possible new home

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We keep the land, the gov build the stadium and at base of stadium they build shops. We get rent from shops say next 20 years. Gov get all income from stadium for 20 years less 10% for rent. Then the gov return full ownership of stadium refreshed to dogs free of cost. That way gov get money back develop jobs and receive taxable income on top twenty years of income.
we receive full develop site. No increase in scope builds as worn by gov. Purpose built stadium fully returned and future cash cow
If u read up on the original proposal,which is still on Liverpool councils site,it’s a huge parcel of land,which was originally,slated for. A 35,000 seater stadium,a licensed club &700 poker machines,at the time the Macquarie bank,was financing the project,and valued the land at around 100 million,can’t imagine what its worth today.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
liverpool is shit house, alot of dogs supporters live no where near liverpool, alot are near Parramatta and Hills District. Lets hope we keep ANZ and Bankwest
Mate have you been out the way of Liverpool / Campbelltown / Camden areas over the last 20 years? These areas are flooded with mad Doggies fans and I’m one of them, I’m pretty sure there’s more Bulldogs fans than Tigers fans to be honest!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate have you been out the way of Liverpool / Campbelltown / Camden areas over the last 20 years? These areas are flooded with mad Doggies fans and I’m one of them, I’m pretty sure there’s more Bulldogs fans than Tigers fans to be honest!
im sure there is mate, but also thousands out parra and hills way that moved over the last 20 years or so.
bankwest is more central along with ANZ

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need rugby league people in political positions like Anthony Albanese or Lee Malkoun. They know how to drive these endeavours and bring league back to suburbia.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
liverpool is shit house, alot of dogs supporters live no where near liverpool, alot are near Parramatta and Hills District. Lets hope we keep ANZ and Bankwest
All shitholes we have to drive to anyway. A purpose built stadium, yes please

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
None of this halfway shit.
If CB Bulldogs want to move away from the Lebanese area (which is what it's all about) then at least do it properly and be SWS Bulldogs of Liverpool Bulldogs.

Canterbury Bankstown playing out of Liverpool doesn't make sense.
We gots belmore. We gots Homebush (getting refurbed). Why we need Liverpool?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Homebush isn’t getting renovated anymore and it’s always been terrible for club games and Belmore is 40 years passed its used by date. It’s Liverpool or BankWest.
Bankwest is better then Because it's near my area and it's already made and perfectly fine.

If they go Livo, they are no longer Canterbury Bankstown. At best they are Liverpool Bankstown. LB yo.

can we handle LB Bulldogs?

personally I'd rather engage the inner west and take the marrickville, Ashfield, Newtown, Ashbury type region.
It's their to be stolen from tigers or empty unclaimed space and I always associate the old bulldogs of the 80s as being in part the inner west. The 'Canterbury' side was much more prominent.
Players would prefer to live there too for sure.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bankwest is better then Because it's near my area and it's already made and perfectly fine.

If they go Livo, they are no longer Canterbury Bankstown. At best they are Liverpool Bankstown. LB yo.

can we handle LB Bulldogs?

personally I'd rather engage the inner west and take the marrickville, Ashfield, Newtown, Ashbury type region.
It's their to be stolen from tigers or empty unclaimed space and I always associate the old bulldogs of the 80s as being in part the inner west. The 'Canterbury' side was much more prominent.
Players would prefer to live there too for sure.
So they’ll need to change their name to Parramatta Bulldogs if they play at BankWest using your logic.

That whole inner west area really couldn’t care less about football these days we wouldn’t last long focusing our attention there.

Liverpool makes the most sense we can dominate the whole south west Sydney corridor with Tigers playing second fiddle.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So they’ll need to change their name to Parramatta Bulldogs if they play at BankWest using your logic.

That whole inner west area really couldn’t care less about football these days we wouldn’t last long focusing our attention there.

Liverpool makes the most sense we can dominate the whole south west Sydney corridor with Tigers playing second fiddle.
Maybe but BankWest is so close to Bankstown.
But to be Honest I just think we stay at belmore.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why have we never considered concord oval!?
I used to go and watch as a kid the dogs play there.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why have we never considered concord oval!?
I used to go and watch as a kid the dogs play there.
Pretty sure Concord is a construction zone at the minute. The Tigers are building their training ground there.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure Concord is a construction zone at the minute. The Tigers are building their training ground there.
Yeah but we could have had it and made it something special

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Sydney needs one or two more stadiums like Bankwest moving forward but with limited funding post Covid, political wrangling and the inevitable construction delays, it might be 5-10 years before we see a completed stadium at Liverpool or anywhere else.

Sure it's a drive for most of us to get to Bankwest, but it's not much further than Homebush and it's an amazing stadium. Unlike ANZ which I hate watching games at, even in the good seats.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clubs react to NSW Government new stadium plan

NRL clubs have expressed a mixture of shock, excitement, caution and stubbornness over State Government plans to build four new boutique stadiums throughout Sydney.
The government is moving towards a suburban arenas model with planning money in the budget for Kogarah and an intent to push forward with smaller stadiums at Liverpool, Brookvale and Penrith.

It is up to the NRL who uses what stadiums, but under one proposal a rebuilt Jubilee Oval, Kogarah, would be shared by St George Illawarra, Cronulla, and possibly Sydney FC.

Tenants at the newly built Brookvale Oval would include Manly along with local Shute Shield rugby union clubs, Manly Marlins and Warringah Rats while Liverpool would be used by Wests Tigers and Canterbury Bulldogs.

The Daily Telegraph can now reveal:

* Wests Tigers would rush to play home games at Liverpool, although Cronulla has vowed not to quit Shark Park for Kogarah.

* St George Illawarra want a new $200 million venue built at Kogarah but would continue to split six games each season with the joint venture’s second home ground in Wollongong.

* Canterbury would be interested in Liverpool but wouldn’t walk away from their Belmore Sports Ground training base

* Manly has announced plans for a 19,000 seat boutique stadium to replace dilapidated Brookvale Oval.

* Penrith say a new stadium would help cope with the expected population boom facing the Western Sydney city over the next 20 years.

The NRL has pushed for suburban ground upgrades and redevelopments through money saved by the cancelled redevelopment of ANZ Stadium.

PENRITH

Panthers Group CEO Brian Fletcher was delighted at the planned rebuild of Penrith Stadium.

“Penrith is the rugby league area of western Sydney. We work with 10,000 juniors a year. The population of Penrith at present is 200,000 but we’re expecting that to be 360,000 by 2040 so it will be money well spent,” Fletcher said.

“Our stadium facilities at present are okay but, in the modern day, for us to encourage fans to go to the football, we need better facilities and it (a new stadium) would be absolutely fantastic for the Penrith district.
“We have heard we’re in the mix for an upgrade. When it’s officially announced in the budget then I would presume the NSW Government would be in discussions with Panthers and Penrith City Council.”

WESTS TIGERS

Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis wants a shift to Liverpool but won’t allow the club to ignore the club’s spiritual home grounds – Leichhardt Oval and Campbelltown Stadium.

“Those grounds would always remain part of our programming. They are spiritual homes of Wests Tigers,” he said. “There is always a certain sensitivity with our fans and members about where we play. We understand that.

“But moving forward, I could envisage a time when we find ourselves a home ground and then have opportunities to return to Leichhardt and Campbelltown as and when required through the course of a year.

“Wests Tigers would be very excited at the prospect of a stadium at Liverpool, which would well serve our geographic home. It would be the epicentre of our geographic footprint.
“It also seems to fit in with the favoured approach of our NRL chairman, Peter V’landys, who speaks very highly about tribalism in our game and the importance of suburban grounds and that is something I would support 100 per cent. It would be something Wests Tigers would look upon very favourably.

“I strongly favour a strong home presence with a ground where you form an attachment and I think there is much to be said about that being Liverpool but with the opportunities of honouring our spiritual homes.”

CRONULLA

Sharks CEO Dino Mezzatesta wasn’t going to allow his club to be forced from the Shire to Kogarah.

“Firstly, no-one has spoken to us about it and, secondly, it would have to be commercially very, very attractive – they would pay us, not vice-versa, for us to even consider it,” he said.

“And on the basis there have been no commercial terms presented to us, we are not moving from Shark Park. Further, we own our own stadium so, sorry, but we’ve playing out of it.”

DRAGONS

St George Illawarra chief executive Ryan Webb wants Kogarah redeveloped but won’t end an agreement to play six games each season in Wollongong. Sydney FC signed a ten-year agreement with the SCG Trust in 2016.

“We would welcome the plans – anything that upgrades a stadium and makes it more comfortable and accessible for fans and corporate partners could do nothing but benefit our club,” Webb said. “We’re excited and hope the plans come to fruition.

“There are other stadiums popping up and there are so many other options now for people to spend their money.

“The more comfortable you can make it and the better quality of experience you can give them, the better it is, ultimately for them and the club.”
Asked would his club still split twelve matches each season between Kogarah and Wollongong, Webb said: “Correct. I never had any intention to do otherwise.”

MANLY

Sea Eagles CEO Stephen Humphreys said his club was ready for run-down Brookvale to be finally redeveloped.

“We’re definitely due. We have just commenced construction on a new grandstand and Centre of Excellence at the northern end of Lottoland. We have not only seen that as important but also the first stage of a full development of Lottoland,” Humphreys said.

“We have a complete master plan that has been fully costed ready to go and we are very hopeful of the NSW Government’s support to make that a reality for the northern beaches community.
“The new 3000 seat stand is in a seating bowl with the idea being to continue that around the entire venue which gives you 13,000 seats and then we’d put an upper tier on the east and west sides to get it to 19,000.”

BULLDOGS

Canterbury has not been formally told of any plan to build at Liverpool – or where the club may be encouraged to play home games – with club CEO Andrew Hill saying: “We would always support investment in infrastructure that would help both our club and the broader community.

“We are still working with various stakeholders to get more details around what the submission might look like and better understand the proposal.”

Canterbury has no plans to shift its training base form its traditional home, Belmore Sports Ground.

“It’s our spiritual home and our high performance centre is based at Belmore,” Hill said.

THE COUNCILS

Councils set to benefit from a budget plan to build boutique suburban stadiums have welcomed the cash injection but one mayor has already accused the state government of prioritising “favoured electorates”.

The Georges River Council welcomed a decision by Treasurer Dominic Perrottet to announce funding for a new local stadium at Kogarah, after it was first revealed by The Daily Telegraph on Monday.

A spokeswoman said the local council “has not been contacted by the Treasurer’s office” about the plan, but welcomed “any investment in the Georges River area by the NSW Government which will provide for local jobs and growth and have positive outcomes for our community”.

Liverpool City Council also welcomed potential future investment in a new local stadium.

“A well-planned stadium in an accessible location that is in keeping with its environment would provide a quality venue for professional sport and also offer a great opportunity to host cultural and other events in one of the most diverse areas of Sydney,” Acting CEO Dr Eddie Jackson said.

However Inner West Mayor Darcy Byrne accused the Treasurer of ignoring his ratepayers in favour of “favoured electorates”.

Cr Byrne said Leichhardt Oval has been “left out in the cold, once again,” accusing the government of directing funding to “favoured electorates”.

“Council has continued to invest in Leichhardt Oval, pouring several million dollars into improving the ground. But we can’t do it all on our own,” he said.

“While it is a superb sporting destination, there is a lot more that needs to be done to secure the future of the ground as a home of Wests Tigers, suburban rugby league and as well as soccer and rugby union.”

The Inner West Mayor also said money the council missed out on from the contentious Stronger Communities Fund grant program could have helped save Leichhardt Oval.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They honestly must have thrown $200 million already at Kogarah Oval over the last 15 years and you'd barely notice a difference aside from a few extra seats and some corporate boxes.

If they give them another $200 million for a stadium where Saints will only play 6 times a year, then that further proves how much preferential treatment they get and you have to wonder where all the money has gone. The whole situation is so shady.

SoWhat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Agree, but beyond that I am sorry the club is meant to represnt your distict, how can it do so if it is based in Liverpool. Yes the bulldogs have supporters everywhere but the club does not follow it supporter base to play, the supporter base follows the club. Will feel cheated and betrayed if we are forced to travel to Liverpool when allmost Sydney clubs can stay an play around their districts. Might as well stay in Homebush if Belmore is not developed. Also the Leagues club will be the big loser in this as I cannot imagine too many trecking from Liverpool back to Belmore after the game. But the bigger question that has not been addressed why has Belmore not been priortised. Sorry not buying into it one bit.