Rumour Possible new home

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
liverpool is shit house, alot of dogs supporters live no where near liverpool, alot are near Parramatta and Hills District. Lets hope we keep ANZ and Bankwest
You'd be surprised with the support out that way my bro. A heap of Middle Easterns, especially in the Fairfield area.

Plus Moorebank is 5 mins away, which is one of our Junior clubs. Also Mounties is local there too.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You'd be surprised with the support out that way my bro. A heap of Middle Easterns, especially in the Fairfield area.

Plus Moorebank is 5 mins away, which is one of our Junior clubs. Also Mounties is local there too.
yeh true im talking through my own needs lol im in the hills area

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Liverpool; in the heart of Canterbury Bankstown.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
yeh true im talking through my own needs lol im in the hills area
Lol yeah I'm with ya. I'm near you but I grew up in Fairfield and have relatives there, I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone lol

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: that’s fucked in the fuckery! Start a go fund me for a new stadium

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Liverpool is a logical extension from the Canterbury Bankstown heartland. It is becoming a major hub, and when the airport starts operating down the road will become bigger. Another major factor is that no NRL team has really stepped up and claimed it as territory. There are plenty of dogs fans there, but also Wests and Penriff. The plans 20 years ago that fell over were never wrong in terms of location.
Not only that, but I bet we'd get packed out crowds more often than not considering Liverpool is more accesible to rival fans i.e Tigers are down the road, Panthers the other side of the M7 (M4 is a shit fight), Parra will need to travel further but who cares about those c***s? Dragons not much difference in distance although closer for Illawarra fans (but their army travel anyway), even Canberra fans will experience a lot less travel time to a lesser extent.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not only that, but I bet we'd get packed out crowds more often than not considering Liverpool is more accesible to rival fans i.e Tigers are down the road, Panthers the other side of the M7 (M4 is a shit fight), Parra will need to travel further but who cares about those c***s? Dragons not much difference in distance although closer for Illawarra fans (but their army travel anyway), even Canberra fans will experience a lot less travel time to a lesser extent.
Yup, given a decent shot it could very quickly become an iconic location for Bulldogs matches, especially against some of the other Sydney teams. Needs some buy in, but it was definitely very interesting to hear Liverpool as one of the four locations named today.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Build a bankwest on the central coast stadium at Gosford. The local comp up here is so strong it’s not funny. In ten years time, in my opinion majority of juniors playing NRL will be from this area. All anyone talks about is footy on the coast. Re locate a team, or finish one up and start a fresh one.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Liverpool although a shithole we could have a state of the art stadium there.
like to see some development at Belmore though. Although the hill holds fond memories, a grandstand on that side would make it a better venue to watch the game. And replace the current grandstand.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liverpool would be ideal IMO.Particularly if there's vacant land in the parklands behind the moorebank industrial area adjacent moorebank avenue and George's river.
Accessible by two railway lines. One walkable from Liverpool station. The other a shuttle bus service from holsworthy which has a heap of public multi storey Carpark spaces.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That deal with ANZ would have its days numbered if it hasn’t already been re-negotiated after ANZ changed hands to the government.
ANZ were only a distant/partial ‘operator’ of the stadium via a myriad of companies and trusts that was the Stadium Australia Group. They’ve always mainly been a naming rights sponsor since Telstra pulled out.

Regardless of Liverpool though, the Dogs are locked into a long term lease so we won’t be going anywhere permanently for some time now that the ANZ refurb has been canned. Bankwest and ANZ are both VenuesLive (NSW Govt) managed and so will be the new SFS, so until that lease is done and a longer term viable alternative available, we’ll mostly be playing at ANZ with cameos at Belmore, Bankwest and the Perth experiment as well as Brisbane (Magic Round) assuming no C-19 restrictions going forward.

Let’s just hope that as the Dogs improve crowds come back and the ANZ atmosphere is OK - it’s not bad with big crowds but terrible when empty.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Liverpool although a shithole we could have a state of the art stadium there.
like to see some development at Belmore though. Although the hill holds fond memories, a grandstand on that side would make it a better venue to watch the game. And replace the current grandstand.
As much as I would love to see Belmore get a face lift parking has always been a major problem. Not just for footy fans but local residents.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As much as I would love to see Belmore get a face lift parking has always been a major problem. Not just for footy fans but local residents.
Very true though we’ve got through that for the last 80 odd years and at least it’s our true home.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Although it was a bit distant to watch I didn’t mind going to the showground at Homebush. What ever happened to that? Surely that can be modified better for league. What’s it even being used for now days.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very true though we’ve got through that for the last 80 odd years and at least it’s our true home.
Home is where the heart is, sometimes the family gets to big and needs to find a new place to call home, where a renovation of the old home is not adequate to fulfill everyone's needs. Go west young man Liverpool is calling.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Although it was a bit distant to watch I didn’t mind going to the showground at Homebush. What ever happened to that? Surely that can be modified better for league. What’s it even being used for now days.
Giants use it as their stadium and it was already redeveloped years ago for AFL. I played there before it was redeveloped and it was pretty shit, the old Parra stadium was better lol.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Home is where the heart is, sometimes the family gets to big and needs to find a new place to call home, where a renovation of the old home is not adequate to fulfill everyone's needs. Go south/west young man Liverpool is calling.
Why can’t we have both?