What's everyone do for work / make a living

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been retired since March 2015. Since November 2015 I have been supervising Exams at Sydney University every June and November (except this year due to covid as they are online exams).

Recently I started supervising the hsc at Menai High which goes until November 11th.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Democratic freedom fighter, if we allow these experimental life control precedents to become a success then it ceases to be Australia any longer.
Actually I did about thirty years in railway then pulled out with poor health due to the above.
I work for the railways too bro, central depot lol

Last edited:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been retired since March 2015. Since November 2015 I have been supervising Exams at Sydney University every June and November (except this year due to covid as they are online exams).

Recently I started supervising the hsc at Menai High which goes until November 11th.
I went to Sydney Uni - Cumberland Campus, I still remember you Nazi bastards...
I'm a radiographer by profession but I drive a computer now as a clinical system administrator.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to Sydney Uni - Cumberland Campus, I still remember you Nazi bastards...
I'm a radiographer by profession but I drive a computer now as a clinical system administrator.
That's where I worked full time from 1989 to 2015 before starting with Exams in late 2015. The Campus is about to close and move to the Main Campus. Yuk. I am going to request a transfer to Vet Sciences at Camden for future in classroom exams.

As for Nazis we have a job to do to preserve the integrity of exams. I have caught one guy cheating absolutely red handed. I wish it had never happened but him getting thrown out of uni sends a clear message to other students to do the right thing.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's where I worked full time from 1989 to 2015 before starting with Exams in late 2015. The Campus is about to close and move to the Main Campus. Yuk. I am going to request a transfer to Vet Sciences at Camden for future in classroom exams.

As for Nazis we have a job to do to preserve the integrity of exams. I have caught one guy cheating absolutely red handed. I wish it had never happened but him getting thrown out of uni sends a clear message to other students to do the right thing.
Yeah cool, I was there 2001-2003. Nice campus, had no idea it was being shut down.
That would be pretty ordinary thing to have to do, but sounds like they got what they deserve. I was always fidgety during exams, used to get in trouble for twirling a pen through my fingers in reading time.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah cool, I was there 2001-2003. Nice campus, had no idea it was being shut down.
That would be pretty ordinary thing to have to do, but sounds like they got what they deserve. I was always fidgety during exams, used to get in trouble for twirling a pen through my fingers in reading time.
The guy I caught cheating was a 4th year physio. He jammed some notes with his student number on them in a garbage bin inside the disabled toilet. He went to the toilet 4 times during the exam and he wasn't disabled but used that cubicle on all 4 occasions even when the others were not being used.

After he went the 3rd time I told the lady in charge I was suspicious and i went to the toilet investigated and found the notes.

I checked the student number on them against the list of students doing the exam and they were his 100%.

When he went the fourth time I heard the ruffling of the plastic bin bag and he was in and out there quick. I showed him the notes which were in my pocket. He denied they were his notes and went back in the room to a vacant seat where the exam papers had been collected. We called the course co ordinator and she took him and all the evidence to her office. I was called to a meeting after my afternoon exam that day to give my evidence. He was kicked out of uni.

As for the Campus closing soon. It has been on the agenda for 10 or more years. It is on aboriginal land that has to be given back. I was hoping it would happen around 2015 to 2016 so I could retire on a redundancy. With 25 years service that would have been a years pay.

The new building at main campus will be a multi storey. Bosch and Blackburn buildings were demolished to build the new building.