News I don't want you Barrett bombshell bulldogs snub

LSD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I actually think Tolman running the ball in the opposition 20 is coached into him. Getting towards the post on the 4th to get a kick in and set the halves on either side. Not a great coaching technique but lots of clubs do it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hard to have a "fan favourite" right now. Hopefully we can sign someone big for 2021 in a spine role.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman isn't in some tiny group of forwards that runs the ball on the forth tackle. It's a frequent thing for forwards to do. But as is often the case, once enough people criticise a player for something here it gets ridiculously exaggerated.

Tolman isn't a monster forward. He's a workhorse and a bloody good one. All this crap about him padding his stats is rubbish. He's a workhorse and will frequently take more runs than lazier players.

While he's not the most exciting player, I will miss having him at the club if he's actually moving on. There are more exciting players we might get, but he's ultra reliable, durable and at times we might miss that.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it normal to embed alien text within the quote!? Images of Kurt russel and the thing in my head right now.

But what ddI you mean by not normal ? @Blue&whiteAxe

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 4th tackle settlers have never really been the big concern for me.. it's the times when we have a bit of forward momentum on a half break and he gets in the way and decides to do a regulation hit up and all momentum is lost because he gets dominated in most tackles.. also when he decides to ball play in the middle, it's incredibly frustrating. No offload, not footwork, not drive in the tackle... Need I continue..

I also noticed the other night that on most goal line dropouts and kickoffs after points, the souths kicker landed the ball right near Tolman.. if you don't think teams are using him as a strategy then your kidding yourself.. it also justifies his stats..

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This ultra reliable crap is hard to watch and take from fans. I’m glad he is going,

Reactions: GDR

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fan favourite in the sense that everyone loves giving it to him for his 4th tackle hit ups.

Tolman gave his all for the club, but it's the right time for us to part ways. Would hope that there's at least another 5-6 out the door
Past his best.has been a good servant but the game has left him behind.go to England Aiden.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t forget our defensive structures have been horrible this year. With a completely overhauled structure next year, we don’t need Tolman in defence.
Look maybe.
I don't know.
At its core, what disturbs me the most is Tolman is the one doing all the hard yards and is ALWAYS there doing every thing.
Removing him almost feels like executing an innocent man.
Or at the least, opening a Pandora's box to begin the sort of team that swings to a win, then gets pumped 54-6 the week after (like a Brisbane, Saints, Tigers, GC type team).

I'm actually scared of life without Tolman, he's been working it for so long.

Compounded, the curry in me just keeps think in that if it wasn't for the fourth tackle shit, he would be great in everyone's eyes, which is just a coach thang. Just say to him now hit ups behind tackle two' and make him agree contractually

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw separate note;
How aggressive is the headline.
I strongly doubt Barrett said 'I don't want you'

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Tolman is so valuable, where are all the offers from rival clubs? That's probably why his manager felt the need to speak to the media again and rehash the article that was already published a while back..if Des doesn't sign him, no one will

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If Tolman is so valuable, where are all the offers from rival clubs? That's probably why his manager felt the need to speak to the media again and rehash the article that was already published a while back..if Des doesn't sign him, no one will
Toilers are never the type that get headhunted. Because a lot of players can do it. But not many do it as good as tolman in fairness.

He won't earn above 150, but don't b surprised if he ends up at Brisbane, Manly, GC, and I doubt it but the warriors

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Toilers are never the type that get headhunted. Because a lot of players can do it. But not many do it as good as tolman in fairness.

He won't earn above 150, but don't b surprised if he ends up at Brisbane, Manly, GC, and I doubt it but the warriors
Valuable players don't need to advertise they are club less.. remember hes been able negotiate a new contract since November last year..to me looks like he and his manager are getting desperate..

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. Plenty of other clubs are doing pretty well without Tolman in their team.
We’ll be better next year.
Have faith in TBaz

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He gets through a mountain of dirty work. Will be missed in defence. Wont know his worth until he is gone...hopefully he picks up a contract for a year or two else where. I am predicting a Des life line, particularly now bozo is leaving
It's not Tolman's fault we give him the ball on the fourth and expect him to set up a try. Tolman is a workhorse - used properly he can get us out of trouble with his hard running and his support.

He has scored tries because he's always looking for the ball. How many of our "support" players are doing the same?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Valuable players don't need to advertise they are club less.. remember hes been able negotiate a new contract since November last year..to me looks like he and his manager are getting desperate..
But so has Alex Johnson, Jake Friend and a few others.

For lower end players with handle value, it's generally off season they get looked at.
If he goes to Christmas without an offer, I think he's done. Will go into teaching.

My prediction is he wants one year at Kim wage ti be a 300 player. He's come so far.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People really do underestimate Tolman's work in the middle.. His talk alone will be extremely missed though its time other forwards stepped up.
Agree. But just who do they have in mind to replace him? Just cannot find a suitable replacement at the moment.
Maybe one in the UK. With AFB gone from Manly, he would be a good replacement for them.