News I don't want you Barrett bombshell bulldogs snub

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He gets through a mountain of dirty work. Will be missed in defence. Wont know his worth until he is gone...hopefully he picks up a contract for a year or two else where. I am predicting a Des life line, particularly now bozo is leaving
People really do underestimate Tolman's work in the middle.. His talk alone will be extremely missed though its time other forwards stepped up.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We won't miss his attack at all for all the reason the playas, the thugs, The wiggas, the ISIS sympathisers and soldiers of the cause said above,
But,
I think you guys don't see how much we will miss him in defence.
I credit him for the reason we never have blowout scores against us. Just not the type of guy that gives up.

I wouldn't have seen the harm in giving him a minimum contract for another year, take it or leave it,( and I think he would take it so he be ones a 300 game stallion) and just be told to tackle hard and not touch the ball beyond tackle 2.

I agree with the underlying message. I just dont get why you cant be normal

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We won't miss his attack at all for all the reason the playas, the thugs, The wiggas, the ISIS sympathisers and soldiers of the cause said above,
But,
I think you guys don't see how much we will miss him in defence.
I credit him for the reason we never have blowout scores against us. Just not the type of guy that gives up.

I wouldn't have seen the harm in giving him a minimum contract for another year, take it or leave it,( and I think he would take it so he be ones a 300 game stallion) and just be told to tackle hard and not touch the ball beyond tackle 2.
Don’t forget our defensive structures have been horrible this year. With a completely overhauled structure next year, we don’t need Tolman in defence.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that’s exactly why Barrett doesn’t want him.

According to the NRL app, he took the most runs at 24. How many of his runs bent the line and put us on the front foot?

He’s not the type of forward we need going forward, simple as that. Nothing about it is surprising to anyone with a quarter of a brain.
And how many of those runs were on the 4th tackle,in the opposition 20 metre zone,like a lot of people on here,he’s been good for our club,and his efforts have been appreciated,but unfortunately,time to move on.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As much as Tolman annoys the shit out of me with his stifling actions, I actually blame the coaches for not rectifying it over the past 5 or so years.. Hasler set it in motion and pay and georgallis just validated the behavior.

All the best and thanks for the service Aiden, but we can not evolve with him in this team..

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was surprised to read in his stats Tolman made 2 tackle breaks against the Bunnies. I can't remember those ? I seriously thought Tols has never made 1 in his NRL career

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as Tolman annoys the shit out of me with his stifling actions, I actually blame the coaches for not rectifying it over the past 5 or so years.. Hasler set it in motion and pay and georgallis just validated the behavior.

All the best and thanks for the service Aiden, but we can not evolve with him in this team..
100% it's the coaching a good coach would tell him to stay out of the attack in the opposition 20. Tolman is good player if used right

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At a good price, I be tempted to keep Tolman but under a different game plan. If he was kept for his defense workload with minimal attacking responsibility, that could work. Especially if it keeps other key forwards fresher.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me our halfs might have to organise a back line play in the 4th
And glad to see tolman go he has been ordinary problem go to manly and suck des off and fuck there 4th tackles

Reactions: GDR

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At a good price, I be tempted to keep Tolman but under a different game plan. If he was kept for his defense workload with minimal attacking responsibility, that could work. Especially if it keeps other key forwards fresher.
Bullshit,he’s a real stalwart,but he’s time has come,the results of the last 3 years are enough,his best days are truly gone,goodbye and good luck.

Reactions: GDR

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not a fan favourite but I think ppl are harsh on Tolman. He busts his gut more than anyone most weeks and often gets good stats. We just need more ppl with skills around him so he's not expected to do more than he does. He takes the ball up more coz he looks for the work, and because they pass it to him.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wont be a popular opinion but i really see value in having Tolman around for depth at the very least.. I would prefer to resign Tolman at 300K than keep Napa at 700K..

Tolmans alot better then people make out.. Sure he wont hit the line hard and isnt a dynamic forward.. but he consistently gets through a mountain of work whenever he plays..

I would keep him for anything 300K or less..

If were getting rid of Tolman there's a list of others that should be gone before..