Phil Gould advising Trent Barrett to Re consider deal with the dogs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone is sinking the boot in as they do when any other team is floundering.
There just maggots, they all preach whats good for the nrl and whats good for all the clubs.
As soon as it starts to stink a little, these maggots are there to put their boot in.
These so called journalists never have the brains to talk footy or even have players or coaches on to talk footy on their shows,its just sensationalism crap.
Why do you think all the wanks on these shows are there, because they are employed by the same people who sell newspapers.
Well said

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The same ego maniac that got griffen punted from Penrith when they were running 4th
Worked out well for them now though... Imagine if they lost Nathan to Tigers... Gus fell on his sword so Panthers could reap the rewards they are now.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Gus should coach us since he is mr fix it and mr know it all for everything rugby league!!! Please put your money where your mouth is Mr Gould otherwise leave us alone and let us get our house in order so we can give your Panthers a run for their money with a 5 year or was it a 8 year plan you had with Penrith oh and let us sack 3 or 4 different coaches during that time and model our rebuild based on what you did over at Penrith LOL ... seriously I just watched 100% footy tonight and the guy goes on and on about the Bunker and offers to fix it for free in the past but declines an NRL job when his good mate Peter V'landys offers him any job that he wants in the game a few weeks back but instead takes an easier job with the Warriors ... it's so easy to criticize a club when we are down but Gus has obviously forgotten he was once in our circle and won a premiership in his first year as coach so a little loyalty and compassion might be nice matey!!!? But I guess this is asking too much from someone who talks from a grain of salt!!!
I will also support and back the Bulldogs no matter what this guy says ... UP the DOGGIESSSS!!!

Last edited:

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Arthur & Craig Laundy need to round up there business savvy connections to run for election next year, we need to move to a professional model capable of competing with the Roosters, Storm, rather than voting in ex players that add no value per se. Besides Dunn & Ballesty what skills do the other Board members bring to the club?..At some point, Steve Waugh was earmarked for board election, that’s the type of influence we need in the club..Barrett & the new coaching team will definitely improve our team results next year, confident he will also announce key signings by end of year...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how they get on without Barrett there next season.
They will be ok.

At the end of the day, it's because they have the player, like you once told me. Their junior network is sensational and dwarfs every other territory and they have players of every race and size in an area that doesn't have a lot to do except parkland and Rugby League.
Juniors is always a lucky dip, the best juniors have been Branigan, a few warriors, ponga. Some work, some don't. This year it worked for them.

Barrera probably introduced some good structure and identified Api, but the rest is them.

That's my guess anyway.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Way too many articles floating around for the turmoil to not be true. They all need to get on a bus together and drive off a cliff. Then we get the club back. Should be fukin ashamed of themselves!
Why rely on articles? I spelt out the exact situation. Insider knows

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I would have advised Trent not to take the deal and wait for st George headcrole to become available. Good fit.

Too late now

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will be ok.

At the end of the day, it's because they have the player, like you once told me. Their junior network is sensational and dwarfs every other territory and they have players of every race and size in an area that doesn't have a lot to do except parkland and Rugby League.
Juniors is always a lucky dip, the best juniors have been Branigan, a few warriors, ponga. Some work, some don't. This year it worked for them.

Barrera probably introduced some good structure and identified Api, but the rest is them.

That's my guess anyway.
The talent pool is fantastic, it their head coach I'm not sold on. Ivans been around a bit, and never really showed he knows how to get the best out of his players.

Are we seeing that now? Or is it a coincidence that his team started firing when Trent came along?

I may be completely wrong, but there is just something about Ivan, which has me questioning his personal coaching ability.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys the Andersons are good haters.
They have driven Dr. George out of the club along with everyone else who supported Dib. Exception Andrew Hill who is also in the crosshairs with Coorey.

I still think there is an agenda to get Ben Anderson into the coaches job so Barrett quiting as close the start of next season wouldn't be a problem.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Worked out well for them now though... Imagine if they lost Nathan to Tigers... Gus fell on his sword so Panthers could reap the rewards they are now.
That wasn’t through gus tbh if you remember the uproar at Penrith last year at Penrith they all wanted ivan gone

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually agree with this in that having this fixation on 'ex-Dogs' just muddies the water too much.

Will be interesting over the next week to see what happens at the Dogs. The club will need to come out now and say something as it's getting a tad crazy.

As for Gould. I think people blow smoke up his arse way too often, treating him as come kind of Messiah which he clearly isn't. No doubt there's shit going on atm but to come out and suggest that Barrett backs out of his deal is bullshit. By all means contact him privately and say that if you really feel that, but to drag the club's name through the mud on national TV doing it?

Don't know. Doesn't sit well with me that's he's done that
I think you make a good point, and It could create another big problem for our club, Imagine if your Nick Cotric and your watching Phil Gould talking about the Bulldogs big mess and Barret to reconsider, and if Cotric & Barret change their minds we are going to have buckley's chance of enticing anybody to come to the club, imagine Cleary pointing that out to Burton, I think we are going to be in even deeper shit that we are now if that's possible.
THANKS A LOT PHIL, keep putting the nails in the coffin 1599499215100.png

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think you make a good point, and It could create another big problem for our club, Imagine if your Nick Cotric and your watching Phil Gould talking about the Bulldogs big mess and Barret to reconsider, and if Cotric & Barret change their minds we are going to have buckley's chance of enticing anybody to come to the club, imagine Cleary pointing that out to Burton, I think we are going to be in even deeper shit that we are now if that's possible.
THANKS A LOT PHIL, keep putting the nails in the coffin View attachment 16758
Find another hobby because 2021 looks like it it could be on par with this season

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
THANKS A LOT PHIL, keep putting the nails in the coffin View attachment 16758
Agree. Too many people are lauding Gould as some kind of hero for speaking out during the show.

If he honestly felt that way about Barrett, then why wouldn't he have contacted him in private rather than doing it on his show? If he honestly wanted the best for the Dogs, why would he have suggested for their new coach to reneg on his deal?

There's absolutely no doubt issues at our club which need to be rectified. No doubt in hell.

But what Gould has done is made everything much worse for the club, and Barrett. The two people or groups that he proclaims he's trying to help.

Smacks of trying to get more ratings for himself.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't read too much into this. If Barrett backed out, he'd kill his reputation and never get a head coaching role again.

But it is open season on bagging the club and rightly so. My main concern is with all the losses, speculation and turmoil that players will be even less interested in signing with the club than before.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Phil Gould is playing 4D chess here.

Think about it, it's brilliant.

He only says these words AFTER the final coaching role is filled yesterday. Illawarra with Anthony Griffin.
Prior to that we had the cowboys and warriors. Before that, Us!

Think about it, if he TRULY felt that way, he would have told that to Barrett a month back.

Secondly, the man himself, Barrett, has the reputation as the only coach in recent memory that backed away off his own accord lebstyle due to 'not having chairs' and not having luxury facilities. Barrett earnt a rep after that. If it weren't for Panthers success, he would be finished as a first grade coach. He went to the right club at the right time and did well. Coaching is part skill but mostly luck. Like tournament poker.

There's no way in hell Barrett could back out of a contract after what transpired at Manly. It would cement his reputation as a precious person that wants the red carpet rolled out for him. He's still battling that bad Manly rep. He has the most to lose by doing that, and Gus knows this. Hence why he can say it with disregard to consequence.

PLEASE like this comment! Press the like button below. Show me the respect like Seabiscuit gets. A lot of truth bombed in the paragraph above so please punch me in the head with love by the like button. Nasheed.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so he says Barrett should reconsider because we are a mess, so what should happen , no one should coach us ?

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
good lord, it's like we're parra from the early 2010's

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Guys the Andersons are good haters.
They have driven Dr. George out of the club along with everyone else who supported Dib. Exception Andrew Hill who is also in the crosshairs with Coorey.

I still think there is an agenda to get Ben Anderson into the coaches job so Barrett quiting as close the start of next season wouldn't be a problem.
Even if the Anderson's have an agenda. Coorey needs to fall on his sword. In this #metoo area, his conduct suggests that he needs to move on from the club. He has done his time, give him a pat on the back as he walks out the door.

As for Andrew Hill, well since he has been here the club has been on a seriously downward slide. He is unable to get things working how they should. A stronger leader is needed here. One who can mend bridges and has the fortitude to get those personal agenda's pushed to the side. All I see is a wet lettuce leaf trying to tip toe around the ego's at the club. It needs someone who can walk in and say what is what. Geez, when the Bullfrog walked into this club, that's what he did. Got everybody moving to the same beat, and instead of just making up the numbers, we had a successful club for a long time. His legacy has been tarnished by not have that strong leader at the club for so long now.

So if they can sort out these two before next season, I think the club would be moving forward. It's not just about cleaning out the club coaching staff, but some at the top as well. I'm sure there are others in the firing line as well. The more the merrier. New people will bring a new agenda to the club.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This club - the club we LOVE, is being ruined by many with self agendas. People who don’t want to put the club FIRST, on ALL sides!!

I have a very good friend, who was “once” in a position to perhaps help in a small way. He’s a Bulldog’s fan, and a guy who is extremely well respected in the big end of business. He had no agenda, just wanted to help the club he follows. He got the fk outta dodge. He said to me as long as the people running the club are there, this club will slowly crumble.

Flame me all you want, I know what I know, and I know we are a MESS that is moving in one direction, DOWN!!!

I hate Rothfield, but he isnt alone in what he knows, every journo knows we are up shit Creek. Keep believing in Unicorns for those who want to deny.

For the record, I’m not pro Dib, pro Anderson, or pro anything other than PRO BULLDOGS!! Give us our FKN club BACK!
Well it should be the members who organise a meeting and we vote out the fuckwits that are destabilising the club.that Coorey needs to go he is a grub!!

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone post ritchies article in telegraph about claiming first victim?