Round 14 team and game day discussion

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also it's not easy for our forwards, we're on the back foot immediately after Meaney, Montoya, Holland & Smith take hitups.

Lafai for his faults has footwork and a quick play the ball.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lack leadership, against the Dragons and Tigers we are in the lead with only a few minutes left but we protect the lead instead of attacking ... look at our defence we allowed the Tigers today to attack and play the ball quickly but when it is our turn we play slow assss ... we need that killer instinct and someone to lead us from the front and say the game is never over until the whistle is blown ... once again we lose a game on our own!!! So hard to cheer a DUMB side on when we play like this but I still bleed blue and white ... cannot wait until 2021 hopefully we see some massive improvements!!! Up the DOGGIESSSS!!!!!!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
dean pay should be commended for getting us a couple of 12th place finishes with this team, that's like miracle working

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
eh i'm fine with them going for the fg up 6

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idiots, no need to kick a field goal with 4 mins to go when your up by six.

Just play footy down their end and don't give away seven tackle sets.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers ain't gonna make the eight they only slightly better than us and that's not saying much

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay assembled a forward pack of mainly plodders.

I still believe Thompson can play a smarter role in the team rather than just bashing it through the middle. He has a step on him and speed use him on the edges in attack.

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We lack leadership, against the Dragons and Tigers we are in the lead with only a few minutes left but we protect the lead instead of attacking ... look at our defence we allowed the Tigers today to attack and play the ball quickly but when it is our turn we play slow assss ... we need that killer instinct and someone to lead us from the front and say the game is never over until the whistle is blown ... once again we lose a game on our own!!! So hard to cheer a DUMB side on when we play like this but I still bleed blue and white ... cannot wait until 2021 hopefully we see some massive improvements!!! Up the DOGGIESSSS!!!!!!!
Agreed mate if we had a proper captain we would have won against St merg and Tigers we do lack that killer instinct and leadership

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man, good comeback but predictable finish

I’m not trying to be funny I’m actually curious but has Sue ever won a game in our colours?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We win if Cogs got his field goal. Oh well I actually enjoyed the game. Thought was very entertaining. Both teams can’t defend to save themselves. I thought our first up contact was really good, just no cover or desperation shown once those tackles weren’t effective

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All we had to do is speed off our line and contain their 7ctackle set. Fuck me.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cogger was solid... He made breaks, his kicks asked questions. He should play for the rest of the year.
In saying that I broke my favourite drinking glass in frustration the last 2 minutes. NOT HAPPY JAN!
He put some nice kicks in. Our kick chase was terrible all game which didn’t help

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
In fact the main negative from this game is that it’s the players who need to go who scored today, meaning they will probably keep their spot next week. Tolman, Montoya, Holland.
I agree but don’t leave out lafai. Lafai is complete dog shit

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with getting the sets rolling but you'd think Barrett will play guys to their strengths. Stick Thompson on an edge to run lines with his footwork and speed.

Barrett needs to lure over Paseka or Fonua-Blake from Manly.
That is my big issue with Thompson, when you spend that sort of money on a prop they need to be able to consistently lay a platform and get sets rolling..you don't spend that money on them and then blame others around him.

As you said he needs to play on an edge, I said it before he even got here as I thought he looked more suited there and I'm move convinced of it now. If he doesn't cut it out there then then we're looking at a Trex/Woods level signing.

Baz has a job on his hands, RFM I think can be quality through the middle, Ogden and To'omaga can play roles..but we need an out and out leader week in week out...with what's available Tamou might be that guy? A lot older then I'd like but we need to make the best of things.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He put some nice kicks in. Our kick chase was terrible all game which didn’t help
Yep the kick chase on the Doorey grubber was laughable. We should have got a repeat set off that one. Our kick chase and pushing up in support....just the basics have been terrible for years.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not going to lie, had tears at the end of this game. Fucking wave of emotions trying to ride that one through from 22-6 down to 79th minute loss. Well done lads, never say die attitude. Always next week.