No Source Foran / cogger not wanted

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Worked for Mbye....

In all seriousness, Brooks has to be in the Top 5 most overhyped players of all time who hasn’t delivered.
He won dally m half back of the year 2 years ago didn’t he? He’s better than what we have.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He won dally m half back of the year 2 years ago didn’t he? He’s better than what we have.
Times must’ve been tough eh? He has all the ability and skills but just doesn’t seem to deliver enough, TK will have a field day with him.

I just dunno about him, 8 seasons into his first grade career and he just has no consistency at all...

Probably better than what we have but the bar is pretty low mate, he’d want to be very well priced for us to nab him imo.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve got our number 6 already, Averillo
Agree, but Avo could also play 1 which would solve another problem for us. If we had a rockstar FB I'd agree with you but we have to do what the Rorters do and stack our team with talent. They are both guns so lets squeeze them both into the 17.
Arthur Laundy with his brown paper bags will take care of it :laughing:

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Breaking News Keary out 4 the season. Easts SOS to Cooper Cronk to come out of retirement! They still have a spare $100K after $BW $150K in their Salary cap to offer Cooper Cronk! What a joke!!! [emoji2957]

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Avo is soft and won't put his bod on the line. He is not a fullback. Running 5/8 maybe, or centre if he hardens the fuk up. I wouldn't get too excited about him just yet.
Agree, but Avo could also play 1 which would solve another problem for us. If we had a rockstar FB I'd agree with you but we have to do what the Rorters do and stack our team with talent. They are both guns so lets squeeze them both into the 17.
Arthur Laundy with his brown paper bags will take care of it :laughing:

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would be happy with burton with wakeham & averillo & BBO for depth! Hope TB can teach our halves as well as fix our one out attack! Barrett does need a good assistant for defence as my only concern was that when he coached Manly most leaked defence up the middle! Let us go for Premiers 2024!!!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Avo is soft and won't put his bod on the line. He is not a fullback. Running 5/8 maybe, or centre if he hardens the fuk up. I wouldn't get too excited about him just yet.
He's only 19 and has only played a handful of FG games. Agree is defense isnt great but Ponga's defense is worse and he goes alright at FB. Thats the whole point of putting him at FB, to hide him in defense.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
All from the insider;
Fact- we are negotiating with Foran. Club just playing jewball. My instinct says it'll be locked up later in the year.
Fact- Cogger was ok the outer and has been trying to play for a place after knocking back an offer to be Newcastle depth on a small min contract. I have respect for what he has done.
Fact- the club has been talking to Burton.
Now my opinion is Burton isn't even that good. Can't crack Penrith. 4th choice half. All this love for him is just social cancer spreading through the Kennel. He is no better an option than Lewis. At least Lewis can influence a game.

I reckon just persist with Lewis and Foran and supplement it with a gun big money hooker and reassess end of 2021.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All from the insider;
Fact- we are negotiating with Foran. Club just playing jewball. My instinct says it'll be locked up later in the year.
Fact- Cogger was ok the outer and has been trying to play for a place after knocking back an offer to be Newcastle depth on a small min contract. I have respect for what he has done.
Now my opinion is Burton isn't even that good. Can't crack Penrith. 4th choice half. All this love for him is just social cancer spreading through the Kennel. He is no better an option than Lewis. At least Lewis can influence a game.

I reckon just persist with Lewis and Foran and supplement it with a gun big money hooker and reassess end of 2021.
He’s a lot better than Lewis

bulldogs2015

Waterboy
Reaction score
His name is coming up in the media too much isnt it...

If somehow the panthers release Burton then its Burton/Lewis/Wakeham and maybe Avo in the halves next yr so it should be interesting.

If Avo and Burton locked down the halves does Wakeham give hooker a shot?
Wakenham cant do 4 tackles in a game.. imagine all the big bodies running at him .. no chance

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wakenham cant do 4 tackles in a game.. imagine all the big bodies running at him .. no chance
Nahh He is a very good tackler... Still very young too, has plenty of growth in him.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All from the insider;

Nasheed, if you ever wonder why you're a laughing stock on the kennel its because your opinions are laughable, you're racist and you are into poo.

Saying that Burton is not a better option than Lewis is exactly the kind of reason people have a go at you. Watch the highlight clip of Burton in the Burton forum. The kid has pace, a Ponga like step, can kick and can pass.........all things that Lewis cant do....even in his fucking dreams

Lewis is a crap footballer, always has been and always will be. He is the Tolman of the halves. Thankfully someone at the club is smart enough to have targeted Burton as the club's long term 5/8. Yes he's the 4th choice half at Penrith but that's because he's stuck behind Luai, who is older and has more experience and is Cleary's preferred halves partner because they played junior footy together. It doesnt mean Burton isn't any good

Oh, and you're a fucking Souffs supporter.....and proud of it. FMD

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed, if you ever wonder why you're a laughing stock on the kennel its because your opinions are laughable, you're racist and you are into poo.

Saying that Burton is not a better option than Lewis is exactly the kind of reason people have a go at you. Watch the highlight clip of Burton in the Burton forum. The kid has pace, a Ponga like step, can kick and can pass.........all things that Lewis cant do....even in his fucking dreams

Lewis is a crap footballer, always has been and always will be. He is the Tolman of the halves. Thankfully someone at the club is smart enough to have targeted Burton as the club's long term 5/8. Yes he's the 4th choice half at Penrith but that's because he's stuck behind Luai, who is older and has more experience and is Cleary's preferred halves partner because they played junior footy together. It doesnt mean Burton isn't any good

Oh, and you're a fucking Souffs supporter.....and proud of it. FMD
The club can't speak to Burton until November.
Plenty of time for Penrith to extend him beyond 2021.
Also Barrett apparently gave an undertaking to Penrith not to approach any Penrith player while he is still at Penrith.
The first priority should be Brandon Smith for next season. Even then Smith is about a 5% chance.