News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If NRL HQ had any intelligence they would take penalties for player misbehaviour out of the club's responsibilities, develop some rules so there is consistency and handle it themselves. If the offence is serious enough for the player to be deregistered then the player can't then hold a grudge against the club for penalising him for his own stupid mistake. The code itself imposed the penalty. NRL admin is inept.
In this modern society all our leaders have become to week to make decisions and enforce rules. With RL the NRL is the only body which has the power to make and enforce rules.
Any club particularly ours would be crucified if they played tough on any issue.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we just released him with no dispensation whatsoever & gift Canberra a competitive shot at this year's GF? LOL is that the business acumen of our board? Please don't seek re-election you are simply inept inert gravy trainers.
What club has gotten dispensation when releasing a player?

He was released and we aren't paying him anything and we get roon in the cap.

That is as good as it gets these days.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you considered that Barrett was consulted and provided the green light for his release.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It always gets talked about how all these teams will get compensation and player swaps when a player wants out but it never happens with NRL players going to another NRL team. I’m not sure why so many people thought it would happen in this case.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

No mate it’s nowhere near as good as it gets . We could have had CHN for the last 11 rounds but now we get nothing and the raiders get a quality player . He frees up fuck all cap space and we only have a week to sign a replacement.

They shouldn’t have let him walk unless we got a player swap .

I don’t know in what universe people think this is a good deal . At the end of the season maybe . But the board bent over again

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Every fucking club besides our piss weak board most gutless ***** in the comp you think any other top tier club would let talent under contract walk out the door with nothing in return? Nah they would sit the **** in the reggies if they got nothing. St Helens even got compensation from us.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No mate it’s nowhere near as good as it gets . We could have had CHN for the last 11 rounds but now we get nothing and the raiders get a quality player . He frees up fuck all cap space and we only have a week to sign a replacement.

I don’t know in what universe people think this is a good deal . At the end of the season maybe . But the board bent over again
Never said it was a good deal.

I said it is as good as it gets.

For the life of me I cannot remember the last time a player swap actually happened.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree. All this means is Canberra benefits because the NRL deregistered him , encouraging our club to sack him. They get a representative forward,we are left with a gap in the roster with no type of compensation. Canberra said they would go tit for tat and they have.

The club did offer him support ,so not sure why he is salty at them saying they abandoned him. Maybe if he took responsibility for the whole damn mess and not play the poor me card people might not think so poorly of him.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every fucking club besides our piss weak board most gutless c*** in the comp you think any other top tier club would let talent under contract walk out the door with nothing in return? Nah they would sit the c*** in the reggies if they got nothing. St Helens even got compensation from us.
When was the last time an Australian club got what you are suggesting.

I would love an example because I can't think of any.

When was the last time a player swap happened between 2 Aussie clubs?

When was the last time one aussie club paid compo to another aussie club for trading a player.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone honestly shocked that we released him with no compensation?

Maybe Vaseline will sponsor us as the board constantly gets anally raped.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have you considered that Barrett was consulted and provided the green light for his release.
Maybe, but we should of got compensation, no matter what the situation.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Funny how the decision on the de-registration just happened to come out in good time for the RAIDERS. If it came after the transfer deadline CHN would have had no choice but to play for us if he wanted to get paid and once he began playing for us again old wounds would have healed and he may have stayed with us

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want to know if we paid him any of the back pay they were talking about in media reports. If we did then the Raiders better have paid that back to us. If we got zilch we're f..king morons

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree mate , can't be considered a family club if players like CHN play for you .
Full Stop .
Imagine all the other wife's everytime the team goes away to play with such a player
but we're taking Oka back it seems who was the worse offender ?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
but we're taking Oka back it seems who was the worse offender ?
He's at the very least shown remorse, apologised etc. etc. Doesn't wipe it away but for me that goes a long way and deserves a second chance in many ways.

CHN clearly isn't prepared to publically apologise to the team, fans, and his players. He clearly feels he didn't do much wrong.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if everyone were in CHN shoes, they’d be doing the exact same thing.
Why would anyone want to return to a wooden spoon side instead of playing finals with a great roster ?
It’s a no brainer.
IMO Canterbury haven’t done anything wrong & it does suck that he’s decided to move on for Dogs fans because the NRL deregistered him.
But again, no one should be critical of his decision because we’d all do the same.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So am guessing given the choice , you'd take the smell or a possible shock, than the lesser money of an engineer , hey man that's fine no disrespect
You can't get electrocuted when the main switch to the house is turned off. Its when they're too lazy to do that is when something can go wrong.
re Smell
Do you know who designs sewer systems and have to maintain them? It's engineers not plumbers. Engineers have to walk INSIDE them. I'm talking about huge underground systems where the sh#t for the entire LGA and city flow through. Engineers have to deal with the sh#t for the entire city not just a building that a plumber has to deal with.
The brickies who laid the bricks of dad's house perfectly in the 1980's were in their late 50's and they were walking just fine. So were the brickies who did my brother's house. The brickies who did my new house 5 years ago were in their 30's and they were sh#thouse. What does that tell you?
The point you miss is that majority of tradies actually make MORE money than even professionals that have obtained DIFFICULT degrees such as engineering. I'm not talking about some modern media arts grad with a PhD in Why Tom Cruise divorced Nicole Kidman. The argument that these NRL players have to earn ALL their income in their football careers because their income is limited afterwards is total Bullsh#t. A lot of NRL players since the 90's are simply too damn lazy to spend a few years at tafe to get a trade. They are simply undisciplined, uneducated, pampered and lazy compared to their counterparts of the 70's and 80's. I don't recall players in the 80's walking out of contracts mid term at will like today.