News Harawira-Naera reportedly released

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No no no back.
From what I have heard Canbra are paying his full year's contract. Part of the deal releasing him immediately.

Go Dogs
They are taking over his contract , not paying his full year contract

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just put okunbor in the back row, that was his position before he randomly filled in on the wing. Runs hard, good speed could be a gun back rower
His defence there is woeful I remember a regular season game against the Jets in our premiership year and Blayke Brailey worked him over relentlessly with simple unders plays close to the line.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The nrlol website is saying that the terms of release haven't been agreed to yet.
There'd have to be some certain non negotiables such as Canberra pay his full contract, including back pay and that he can't play against us this year.
The club should then have a list of negotiable items such as player swap, corporate terms like gate takings at the next game in Canberra etc.
Ideally we get a player back, Emre Guler, Corey Horsborough or Hudson Young would be realistic aims.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
It's bullshit the NRL deregister him, now we have to back pay him even though he didn't lace up once. Now we walks. Hope he does his ACL in game one. Fuck him.

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just put okunbor in the back row, that was his position before he randomly filled in on the wing. Runs hard, good speed could be a gun back rower
Was an outside back - club moved him to fowards including front row to teach him to tackle - once he went open age put him on the wing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could we be under cap pressure having brought Thommo in early, thus releasing the man baby will keep us compliant?
I doubt it. CHN and Okunburs contracts were still on the books when we signed Thompson and I'm pretty sure we went into this season a few hundred thousand under the cap.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speaks volume for his character (lack of) if he stuffs up makes life difficult for the school involved, the club, coaching staff, team mates, disappoints his family n club supporters - and claims he was hard done by. Long term the further such 'character" he is away from Belmore the better

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brent Read just said dogs wanted a player swap

But board couldn’t make it happen so just took it in the ass
This is weak as piss!!! Faiders better pay CHNs back pay for the season so far as well or get faarked!

where’s the clubs balls

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You're obviously not aware that this country has the highest labour cost of the developed world. That's why manufacturing is virtually dead in this country. Do you know why Toyota, Ford and Holden closed down? I left engineering 20 years ago because I saw the trend. A brick layer working full time earns 170k per year. My engineer friend was the Principal Engineer for the largest engineering firm in this country and he had to manage a team of 12 engineers including 3 PhD's and win tenders to bring money in for the company. He worked on multi billion dollar projects and his salary was less then 120k per year. You ignore the fact that rugby players of the past pre 1990 were earning order of magnitudes less than today's players even taking into account inflation and most of them had trade qualifications plumbers, sparky etc.
Most of them didn't behave like spoilt brats like today's NRL players and very few of them went around getting wasted or smashing guys in clubs, bars or bashing their wives/gf, molesting women like some very high profile players of today's era. There is NOTHING to stop today's players earning trade qualifications but too many of them spend their spare time on playstation and instagram. A large number of them are a bunch of lazy, big babies compared to the players of the 70's and 80's.
Game,set,match