Official Lafai signs for rest of 2020

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We desperately needed centres. It's only for one year and if Lafai goes good we can extend him.

I think we'll go with:
1. Meaney
2. DWZ
3. Lafai
4. Reimis
5. Montoya
... until Hopoate is back. Also could switch Reimis and Montoya. Small chance Averillo makes it into the centres (pushing Montoya out).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No we let Morgan Harper go.
True. Lafai would be on more than Harper (I did forgot about him tho). I'm still worried that we can't fit all of them in but we'll see soon I guess.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We desperately needed centres. It's only for one year and if Lafai goes good we can extend him.

I think we'll go with:
1. Meaney
2. DWZ
3. Lafai
4. Reimis
5. Montoya
... until Hopoate is back. Also could switch Reimis and Montoya. Small chance Averillo makes it into the centres (pushing Montoya out).
Why would you start Montoya ever again, especially after last week and ahead of Averillo?

Reimis isn't a centre. He's been horrible there. He's lucky to be on the wing with how shit he's been this season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why would you start Montoya ever again, especially after last week? And Reimis isn't a centre. He's been horrible there. He's lucky to be on the wing with how shit he's been this season.
I wouldn't. I'd be playing Averillo somewhere (especially with no reserve grade going on). I just think this is most likely from what I've seen.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a bad signing at the very least it rules out the ridiculous talk that he would be swapped for chn

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
True. Lafai would be on more than Harper (I did forgot about him tho). I'm still worried that we can't fit all of them in but we'll see soon I guess.
Pure guess work here... but if we did have about $500k in the kitty Thompson would take about $400k (half of his $800k) so there would be $100k to upgrade Harper to Laf. Just my assumption. Don’t think the club would have used CHN or Oka’s contract as there was always the chance they would have won an appeal and came back.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's average but atleast he's a centre. Next year we might actually have a left and right centre!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How long til Hoppa is back. Be a better looking backline when he’s back.
Hoppa
DWZ
AVo
Lafai
Smith

Wouldn’t mind seeing Hoppa and Avo swap at some stage though.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until Will Hopoate gets back.

1. Jake Averillo
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Nick Meaney
4. Tim Lafai
5. Reimis Smith
Agree with this however think Meaney is too small to be a centre, maybe dwz at centre, meaney wing

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's only for a year, so be it. I hope they don't get fooled into re-signing him like DWZ... Averillo has to be there regardless. If this keeps him out of the starting team, I'd be furious.

If Holland, Montoya or Crichton are named ahead of Averillo then they're all fucked in the head..The backline named tomorrow should be:

1: Meaney
2: DWZ
3: Averillo
4: Lafai
5: Smith
Anything different to this and I'll be filthy!

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Shows that the club isnt willing to lay down and get the spoon

We only need 2 wins as I cant see the Warriors winning another game. They will be lucky to see out the season to be honest

I dont mind Lafai. He was ordinary last year but he actually had a really good year in 2018 and he still has the ability to beat a man one on one and create opportunities. Our centres were pretty bad on the weekend and never looked like creating anything.

Actually I take that back. Montoya created the match winning try in the last 30 seconds
When is the Bulldogs v Warriors game?

We'll play Warriors back into form / snap their losing streak - just like we did when we got smashed by Broncos who were on a 5 or 6 game losing streak.