News Barrett to sign Canterbury deal... but struggling Dogs won’t get their man until 21

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham is.
I remember a few years ago, reading an article in either big league or the now defunct rugby league week that Barrett is good mates with Jackson Hastings. Lived near each other in a suburb of wollongong when Hastings was a kid and trained together on their local park.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he is going to accept the challenge he should be really smart and do it now, otherwise he is going to get stuck with the decisions made for the next 5 months. Either that or no decisions will be made while we wait on him starting and he'll have a month to recruit the players that he wants before pre season starts, with Xmas in the middle. Pretty stupid to wait if he is going to accept it, that is if it has even been offered to him.

Then there is the chance that if he doesn't take it now that we will find someone else who will. Wane for example, he's not busy right now, he could start work in 14 days (a la Thompson). Take the time off if there ends up being Internationals to coach England (unlikely).

Go Dogs
Hahahahaha, I’m sure if he accepted the offer now he’ll be communicating with the club on who to buy for next season and preparing everything. He’ll also be contacting potential players and their managers. You know he’s not at Penrith 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but in today’s age there are mobile phones and online face to face interviews. He can also meet up with whomever he wants at cafes for meetings outside his working hours. It’s not like he’s in jail.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whoever the Coach is we need him asap as they need to get players for next year. Imagine the pack of muppets that will be here waiting for the new coach if our club goes and does it? Be like, well the team we have now!
Seriously Mr T? Read my reply to the Go Dogs man

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Barrett had a good year and bad year at Manly

He’s proven he can coach attack so I’m looking forward to a far better attack since fkn forever
Spot on. I long for the days of the Entertainers of the late 70's and early 80's with the great Mortimer. Those were the days. I don't expect our team to win every game but at least make it worthwhile and enjoyable for fans to watch. The last year we had a decent attack was 2012 when Barba was on fire and the team followed suit.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we're stating the obvious this season was a write off before it began and we should be using this season to prepare for 2021. I mean things like playing players in the positions they're going to be playing in 2021 (I guess it's also dependent on recruitment, we should know where we're recruiting tho, we should of actually done a lot more recruitment before this point too) so we can already work and start on combinations. Another thing would be giving kids like Averillo and Wakeham a proper go.
Averillio is on COVID watch, for someone who thinks he knows everything, you know not a lot!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Averillio is on COVID watch, for someone who thinks he knows everything, you know not a lot!
From round one. Playing Averillo in the centres isn't preparing for 2021. I'm not sure what you mean as I never said anything about Averillo and Covid? Wakeham in and out of the team nothing to do with Covid or injury.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From round one. Playing Averillo in the centres isn't preparing for 2021. I'm not sure what you mean as I never said anything about Averillo and Covid?
Bahahaha you never write that originally, dumb ass

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bahahaha you never write that originally, dumb ass
"If we're stating the obvious this season was a write off before it began and we should be using this season to prepare for 2021. I mean things like playing players in the positions they're going to be playing in 2021 (I guess it's also dependent on recruitment, we should know where we're recruiting tho, we should of actually done a lot more recruitment before this point too) so we can already work and start on combinations. Another thing would be giving kids like Averillo and Wakeham a proper go."

You need some serious help.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem is that if he's committed to Penrith for 2020 and looks to grab players from them while he's still there then it will go south very quickly.
He’ll be recruiting hard over the next six months but he’ll do it through a third party and he’s good mates with Gus

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’ll be recruiting hard over the next six months but he’ll do it through a third party and he’s good mates with Gus
#PayOut

#BarrettIn

#AndWeHaveHorse :weary::weary:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve heard Barrett is signed sealed and delivered will be announced in a few days.

Not sure how I feel about this but I do know how @Bazildog feels if true :tearsofjoy:

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve heard Barrett is signed sealed and delivered will be announced in a few days.

Not sure how I feel about this but I do know how @Bazildog feels if true :tearsofjoy:
When do you reckon it will be announced

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When do you reckon it will be announced
Not sure they said in the next few days but was a done deal over the weekend. Gould and Coorey pushed it onto us.

He’s about 70/30 this source so I’m kinda hoping it’s not true but if it is seems we have a huge divide at board level and that’s never good regardless.

I’ll be supporting who ever they pick to coach us anyways because someone has to turn it around and get us competitive again.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure they said in the next few days but was a done deal over the weekend. Gould and Coorey pushed it onto us.

He’s about 70/30 this source so I’m kinda hoping it’s not true but if it is seems we have a huge divide at board level and that’s never good regardless.

I’ll be supporting who ever they pick to coach us anyways because someone has to turn it around and get us competitive again.
Wasn't Micheal Cheika signed sealed and delivered? Now it's Barrett