News Barrett to sign Canterbury deal... but struggling Dogs won’t get their man until 21

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You mean apart from the minor detail that he cant coach, has history of behaving worse than Elliot on the piss, loves himself to death, walked away from a roster 3 times better than we have, never was a match winner as a player when the pressure was on, got slapped in the face on national television by Nathan brown, is referred to us by "Phil Player Manager Gould" and there are multiple coaches out there that The Bulldogs deserve with far better credentials than he has or ever will??

Nothing really...I do like a good egg salad sandwich thou, any suggestions??
Ennnee thing else? ;)))

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wend, kind of right. I am endlessly posting my anger and disgust as I am in the middle of a fabulous rage and thoroughly enjoying it.

I will always try to be diplomatic, positive and a loyal supporter. I backed the Anderson's and the whole Bulldog DNA ideal and supported Pays appointment.

But enough is enough and we are no better off now then before they were elected, the front office is in disarray and the football team is a shambles. Dean was not up to the job and although he probably deserved even a short crack at a decent roster I think we have all seen enough to realize it he would probably never get the best out of it.

That said they way he has been handled and ultimately treated is a disgrace because they have simply let him take the fall on his own. For almost 18 months many on here and even some in the press have suggested bringing in help for Pay with better quality assistants or perhaps even somebody like Gould as football manager. They did nothing.

Trent Barrett will be the last straw for me and I can promise many other angry members, so although I am waiting for the fat lady to sing as Dinkum has suggested, I think a much greater shitfight will unfold.

Until that time I will amuse myself with my open love for this potential decision and post my positive words for Trent as frequently as I can.

Love Bazildog
It's Bradyk is the endless poster lol.

I'm not sold on Barrett.

On the other hand, have given up expecting the best possible outcomes being delivered by this Board and CEO and Price.

I also backed them and Pay. Was one of the main protagonists, arguing with Mr I daily.

I fully expect, that if not Barrett, someone worse, so am just quietly celebrating without champagne, that may be, just may be our club can get back on track.

Whether its the issues of CHN/Ok, Wakeham, Avo, Elliott, Foran, any decent signings...I'm resigned to the fact that it's always the dumbest, most disadvantageous outcome or silly decision and hoping that feeling turns around soon.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's Bradyk is the endless poster lol.

I'm not sold on Barrett.

On the other hand, have given up expecting the best possible outcomes being delivered by this Board and CEO and Price.

I also backed them and Pay. Was one of the main protagonists, arguing with Mr I daily.

I fully expect, that if not Barrett, someone worse, so am just quietly celebrating without champagne, that may be, just may be our club can get back on track.

Whether its the issues of CHN/Ok, Wakeham, Avo, Elliott, Foran, any decent signings...I'm resigned to the fact that it's always the dumbest, most disadvantageous outcome or silly decision and hoping that feeling turns around soon.
Funnily enough I dont get triggered (hows my millennial lingo..) by @Brady like some on here because regardless of whether you agree with his in depth and sometimes one track views, he certainly is a die hard fan and thats awesome.

I never give up on expecting the best and nor did the Bulldogs until recently and that is what has me most pissed. Board and club unity/stability is vital, but its normally anchored by a single very influential and convincing leader that pulls everyone and everything in the one direction. Sadly, we dont have that.

I still want to believe with this board that its possible but Barrett's signing would the tipping point for me and many others. Oh, and did I mention;
#pissofftrent

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Funnily enough I dont get triggered (hows my millennial lingo..) by @Brady like some on here because regardless of whether you agree with his in depth and sometimes one track views, he certainly is a die hard fan and thats awesome.

I never give up on expecting the best and nor did the Bulldogs until recently and that is what has me most pissed. Board and club unity/stability is vital, but its normally anchored by a single very influential and convincing leader that pulls everyone and everything in the one direction. Sadly, we dont have that.

I still want to believe with this board that its possible but Barrett's signing would the tipping point for me and many others. Oh, and did I mention;
#pissofftrent
I can't wait to have a sexy coach

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

#pissofftrent
I think Baa might be a good hero to step up in front of the cameras for the club.

Make it known he is heading up the Recruitment and Retention Committee alongside Peter Mortimer, a few others, minus any Anderson, and we might get some confidence back in the place.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You mean apart from the minor detail that he cant coach, has history of behaving worse than Elliot on the piss, loves himself to death, walked away from a roster 3 times better than we have, never was a match winner as a player when the pressure was on, got slapped in the face on national television by Nathan brown, is referred to us by "Phil Player Manager Gould" and there are multiple coaches out there that The Bulldogs deserve with far better credentials than he has or ever will??

Nothing really...I do like a good egg salad sandwich thou, any suggestions??
I like a good egg salad too. I don't have any suggestions except don't buy a bad egg salad, they are brutal.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I’m not for Barrett as our saviour. I do not rate him atall and I don’t think he is any better then pay. Yes we want change and yes we need to get our roster up to date and be competitive but f me If this board thinks Barrett is the answer. As a player I would not take Barrett as a incentive to come play for the dogs. His record is almost as bad as pay and he had a better roster.