Opinion Media Laying the Boot In

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You do realise that they are just your opinions, some of which are not based on facts.

Go Dogs
What?? opinions.. So they sacked pay because he is the wrong star sign..

We are attacked constantly in the media because as a club we act the the dickhead who turns up at a normal party in fancy dress costume and wonders why everyone laughs and stares.

With the exception of point .9 by @Howie B (because you will probably reach for Elliott) what has he said that isn't fact???

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it is fair that the club does cop criticism from the media on the hand that pay was dealt. The Board has plenty of responsibility for the failure of Dean Pay as head coach.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
the dickhead who turns up at a normal party in fancy dress costume and wonders why everyone laughs and stares.
Is that where I’ve been going wrong Baz - I always thought the pirate outfit was a winner. Thanks for the tip mate :-).

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
10. Why did you try and convert Holland into a hooker?
11. Why did you sign a fullback in Meaney then replace him with a winger at fullback and play a fullback on the wing?
12. Why is Steve James on your coaching staff and what has he done to see any type of development in the team?
13. Why sign Katoa as a hooker and only play him 20 minutes all year?
Add them all to the list

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't be surprised if they invite him onto 360 to tell his sob story and Paul kent to lick his tears away
Actually funnily enough, PK was pretty fair on the dogs last night. There was a bit of discussion around Reimis' tackle on Alex Glenn among other things. PK actually defended him and the club, Rothfield the drunk just kept attacking him and the club against all the other panellists. Buzz is a joke, worse than PK by far.

Malla

Reaction score
I think the media will now use Pay to get more dirt on the Bulldogs board.

Malla

Reaction score
Actually funnily enough, PK was pretty fair on the dogs last night. There was a bit of discussion around Reimis' tackle on Alex Glenn among other things. PK actually defended him and the club, Rothfield the drunk just kept attacking him and the club against all the other panellists. Buzz is a joke, worse than PK by far.
Pretty safe to say Buzz won't be resigned beyond his contract whenever that is

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not like they crucified the warriors for sacking Kearney. They spoke about it briefly and moved on..

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was always going to happen the media have been using the poor Pay narrative for weeks. It will die down now the decision has been made.
Its more that his contract wasn't going to be renewed rather than a sacking - he was given a chance but didn't achieve. Move on I say

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
what has he said that isn't fact???
1. It's a question not a fact. The answer being that Meaney was getting rag dolled and made no metres on kick returns and obviously Hopoate was more effective for us at centre.
2. It's a question not a fact. The obvious answer being because JO's dick got him deregistered and the NRL wouldn't let us replace him.
3. Meaningless dribble
4. How doe he know that Pay pushed for it?
5. They were players not already on long term contracts, plus we could actually afford them under our Cap constraints
6. Because Katoa was worse, as proven
7. Maybe there is nothing there to get out.
8. That started happening years prior, hasn't played for Australia since 2014, SOO since 2017
9. Meaney
10. Holland was the bench back up for a number of positions, hooker being one of them
11. How do you know Meaney was signed as an NRL fullback? Maybe as a CC fullback, or maybe like TTrbojevic, Tedesco and Slater etc was signed to spend some time at winger whilst learning NRL level fitness and consistency.
12. Plainly knows nothing about Steve James or what a skills coach actually does. The fact that some of the players can't retain the skills is a reflection on the players not the coaches.
13. He was a back up to the back up hooker and, as per #6 above, that was about his level.

Just my opinions of course.

Go Dogs

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was having a beer with a senior Canberra Raiders player at the beginning of the season and I asked him straight up -
What do you think of Dean Pay as a head coach??? I asked him knowing that they shared time during Deano's time at the Raiders.
His Response was exactly this -
"Deano is the best bloke!!! But some coaches are only meant to be assistants".

So, if the media are so content on us employing someone because they are a "Good Bloke" then maybe you or I should get the gig.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not like they crucified the warriors for sacking Kearney. They spoke about it briefly and moved on..
That's because the Warriors are sweet as bro, the Bulldogs are a Terriorist organisation in the eyes of the Nrl and media, hence the non stop bombardment of criticism and unfavourable treatment.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Honestly could not give three fifths of a fuck if the media are giving it to us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
P
1. It's a question not a fact. The answer being that Meaney was getting rag dolled and made no metres on kick returns and obviously Hopoate was more effective for us at centre.
2. It's a question not a fact. The obvious answer being because JO's dick got him deregistered and the NRL wouldn't let us replace him.
3. Meaningless dribble
4. How doe he know that Pay pushed for it?
5. They were players not already on long term contracts, plus we could actually afford them under our Cap constraints
6. Because Katoa was worse, as proven
7. Maybe there is nothing there to get out.
8. That started happening years prior, hasn't played for Australia since 2014, SOO since 2017
9. Meaney
10. Holland was the bench back up for a number of positions, hooker being one of them
11. How do you know Meaney was signed as an NRL fullback? Maybe as a CC fullback, or maybe like TTrbojevic, Tedesco and Slater etc was signed to spend some time at winger whilst learning NRL level fitness and consistency.
12. Plainly knows nothing about Steve James or what a skills coach actually does. The fact that some of the players can't retain the skills is a reflection on the players not the coaches.
13. He was a back up to the back up hooker and, as per #6 above, that was about his level.

Just my opinions of course.

Go Dogs
1. Too many opinions.
2. Not enough facts.
3. See 3 above....just enough meaningless drivel :grinning:
Sorry dribble.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep that is a possibility. And i bet they dont ask him questions like :

1. Why did you keep picking DWZ at fullback ?
2. Why was Crichton allowed anywhere near first grade ?
3. How come the bulldogs attack resembled an episode of the Benny Hill show ?
4. Why did you push for Liccha to be re-signed after he had only played 2 good games in 3 years ?
5. You had access to elite juniors whilst coaching NSW yet you only bought Meaney and Cogger to the club.
6. Why did you persist with JMK at hooker ?
7. How come you couldnt get anything out of Napa ?
8. Why has Josh Jackson regressed since you took over ?
9. NAME ANY PLAYER WHO HAS IMPROVED UNDER YOUR COACHING ??
Can you please send that to NRL360 for the ask Kenty segment

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Keep sacking coaches until we land on the right one. F*** it.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
PK was correct, Buzz was clearly drunk again, why on earth didn’t the club challenge the charge, there was nothing in it and if he did insanely get found guilty the penalty was still one week. Weak as piss, now without him and Averillo we have the pleasure of watching reserve graders Holland, Montoya and Chrichton, our outside backs are abysmal

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%
Could not believe my eyes how Seibold and his team were celebrating after a win against us. Paints them more as losers.
Exactly the Broncos are awful. That win against us means nothing as they wont be able to win many games this year. Siebold is gooooooone
To be fair most people on this forum were doing the same thing after we beat the diabolical dragons in Rd 4. Barely beating a shit side is nothing to get excited about.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realise that they are just your opinions, some of which are not based on facts.

Go Dogs
I only stated questions I would like asked

Kind of defeats the purpose of this page if people cant state their opinions. Pretty stupid thing to say