Opinion Media Laying the Boot In

Malla

Reaction score
We need club legends coming out and standing up for the club in the media.. Where are Lamb and Peponis in all of this?

They could spin it the other way and point out how Pay had to go and that we're an attractive option due to the cap space and how big a club we are. We need all the positive press that we can get right now.
Somewhat agree but I also like that nobody is speaking to the media for now.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bottom line is the team were playing bad. I've seen the players perform better than they are now & that falls back on the coach. The club did the right thing.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard your message read out on Talkin’ sport mate. Lots of kennel people contacting them today
Yeah one bloke called to talk about St George . What’s he doing ?? It’s bulldogs talk back today ya muppet lol

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL360 panel spent the whole first segment giving it to our club

Getting rid of Pay is the best thing the board has done

He wasn’t their appointment so they don’t owe him anything other than the one year extension last year
Crawley especially. He did have a couple of good ideas for once. Sign McInnes or Friend as hooker. I'd be happy with that

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Paul **** is still salty his mate des got shafted at the dogs lol

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Preety sick of it to be honest what more do they want were running dead last, no major sponsor, our recruitment is fucked, our two best players this year our gone for the season, like fuck me give us a rest.
I can't wait till were back on top boys it can't come soon enough just to rub it into these wankers.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think after what we have seen the last few days from the media attacking our club and brand, dragging our name through the mud... we are well within our rights to Block media and journalists from our club. Their behaviour is nothing short of disgraceful and we should implement a Media ban. I would support this 100%

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The media are acting like we killed Bambi in relation to sacking Pay. Its not painting a very good picture for potential sponsors of the club. They seem to forget that :

1. He knew what he was signing on for : and
2. No one was else was knocking down his door for a head coaching role when we hired him. The club gave him an opportunity that no one else was prepared to give him. He got a pay rise from his previous job and the chance to be a head coach.

Some balanced reporting would be nice. How about the treatment of coaches at the roosters in the past 20 years before Robinson ?

- Graham Murray (sacked in 2001 after finishing 6th that year and leading them to a GF in 2000) ;
- Ricky Stuart (sacked in 2006 which was 2 years after making 3 consecutive GF's) ;
- Chris Anderson (sacked after 6 months in 2007) ;
- Brad Fittler (club legend sacked in 2009 which was the year after making the top 4) ;
- Brian Smith (sacked in 2012 which was the year after making a GF)

I would see that as far more ruthless than what we have done to Pay. No one expected him to win a comp but surely the media and everyone can see that we have dished up this year demanded a change
The club deserve everything they get. An absolute bunch of disrespectful showman who peddle lies about "family values" for nothing more than a marketing ploy. Its one big scam and this caugh the scumbags out. I hope Andrew Hill and the maggots on the board all end up on job seeker.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club deserve everything they get. An absolute bunch of disrespectful showman who peddle lies about "family values" for nothing more than a marketing ploy. Its one big scam and this caugh the scumbags out. I hope Andrew Hill and the rest of the maggots on the board all end up on job seeker.
I thought you said you were gonna leave with sponsors

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The media are acting like we killed Bambi in relation to sacking Pay. Its not painting a very good picture for potential sponsors of the club. They seem to forget that :

1. He knew what he was signing on for : and
2. No one was else was knocking down his door for a head coaching role when we hired him. The club gave him an opportunity that no one else was prepared to give him. He got a pay rise from his previous job and the chance to be a head coach.

Some balanced reporting would be nice. How about the treatment of coaches at the roosters in the past 20 years before Robinson ?

- Graham Murray (sacked in 2001 after finishing 6th that year and leading them to a GF in 2000) ;
- Ricky Stuart (sacked in 2006 which was 2 years after making 3 consecutive GF's) ;
- Chris Anderson (sacked after 6 months in 2007) ;
- Brad Fittler (club legend sacked in 2009 which was the year after making the top 4) ;
- Brian Smith (sacked in 2012 which was the year after making a GF)

I would see that as far more ruthless than what we have done to Pay. No one expected him to win a comp but surely the media and everyone can see that we have dished up this year demanded a change
Only thing I would say is the football board need to either back the new coach to the hilt or piss off

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was having a beer with a senior Canberra Raiders player at the beginning of the season and I asked him straight up -
What do you think of Dean Pay as a head coach??? I asked him knowing that they shared time during Deano's time at the Raiders.
His Response was exactly this -
"Deano is the best bloke!!! But some coaches are only meant to be assistants".

So, if the media are so content on us employing someone because they are a "Good Bloke" then maybe you or I should get the gig.
You would be a premiership winner if that was the case!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Where would i leave from you limp donkey?
#HorseFlogger is the limp donkey,not Alzz, you mixed that up :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:although that was a good one.!!! May use it myself one day when appropriate.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Paul c*** is still salty his mate des got shafted at the dogs lol
The guy had no response when asked who would sign for the bulldogs for next year. He cannot provide any solutions from his whinging Of Dean Pay walking away.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crawley especially. He did have a couple of good ideas for once. Sign McInnes or Friend as hooker. I'd be happy with that
That was a very good shoutout. I would love McInnes as he playing lock to make way for Hunt. He is off contract in 2021, wonder if the dragons would release him for next if we offer a long term contract.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dogs v media always has always will be

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
10. Why did you try and convert Holland into a hooker?
11. Why did you sign a fullback in Meaney then replace him with a winger at fullback and play a fullback on the wing?
12. Why is Steve James on your coaching staff and what has he done to see any type of development in the team?
13. Why sign Katoa as a hooker and only play him 20 minutes all year?
Answer to question 10 is.....

Cause Nasheed offered more $$$ per 15mins than Barry the butcher!