John Bateman

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the rest$$$ for Thompson
So that's between 733-750k a season? I guess Bateman can't complain with that offer coming off another shoulder surgery.

Despite potentially outlaying about $1.4 million a season for Thompson and Bateman, we'd still have plenty of cap space to try and recruit a hooker, half, outside back and young talent from other clubs.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah why not?

The chair and hill spruik about their achievements with getting Thompson here, so what's the problem?
Move his mum here as well as a carrot,give her a job at the leagues club, after all we are the family club right?
Who wouldn't? Fifita isn't a realistic option.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah why not?

The chair and hill spruik about their achievements with getting Thompson here, so what's the problem?
Move his mum here as well as a carrot,give her a job at the leagues club, after all we are the family club right?
Why would you pay 1.2million for Fafita when you can get Bateman for 700k? Both aren’t spine players so why spend the huge money for Fafita ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah why not?

Yeah just give his mum a job at the club and he will be in the next plane down......

The Broncos have the same access to TPA's as the Roosters so they will be able to offer him what ever they want.

Then for arguments sake lets say he wants to leave the Bronocos it will be a massive bidding war with every other club and we would have to destroy our cap to land him.

I think we would have to go close to offering him $1.5 million to be even a chance and that's too much.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish claim at 1.5M

The guy is a machine, if there was ever anyone you would throw at 10 year contract at it would be him, he is the next taumolomo.
Yeah just give his mum a job at the club and he will be in the next plane down......

The Broncos have the same access to TPA's as the Roosters so they will be able to offer him what ever they want.

Then for arguments sake lets say he wants to leave the Bronocos it will be a massive bidding war with every other club and we would have to destroy our cap to land him.

I think we would have to go close to offering him $1.5 million to be even a chance and that's too much.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

The guy is a machine, if there was ever anyone you would throw at 10 year contract at it would be him, he is the next taumolomo.
How much do you think the Dogs would have to offer to get him?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One explosive and outsprint and run the length of the field, the other is a plodder at 800k
Why would you pay 1.2million for Fafita when you can get Bateman for 700k? Both aren’t spine players so why spend the huge money for Fafita ?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The biggest asset which Bateman will bring is his desire to win.
Just get him here asap.
Get Jake Friend and a centre and we're pushing for the top 8 again.
1. Averillo
2. DWZ
3. Hopoate
4. Cotric / Gildart / Sailor / A. Hopoate / Hiku
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Thompson
9. Friend
10. Napa
11. RFM
12. Bateman
13. Jackson
14. JMK
15. To'omaga
16. Elliott
17. Ogden / Britt / Sue

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

When did JT punch out a bouncer ?

I don’t believe you would get the investment on your return for 10years with Fafita. Shorter contract why not but why would he leave Brisbane.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why not? What do you suggest? So you want the roosters to get him instead?
I don't really suggest anything because hes not a realistic target.

In my last post I said that we would have go close to $1.5 million to land him because of the bidding war he would create.

Last edited:

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will you still have that same opinion if we continue to miss out on players due to playing 'hardball'?
If players want to play us for more money then I don’t necessarily want them here

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah why not?

Mate I like how you think! Damn someone bone his mum if that’s what it takes! I’m sure Hill has boned worse on Canterbury Rd!