That’s after 2 and 3 games
Not 2 or 3 seasons

a player either has it or not
Our fan base is wayyyyyyy to patient on average players
And by average I’m being lenient sorry to say
Thank u
I thought I was the only one that sees this

people on here claiming he isn’t a winger he’s a fullback lol

fullback is the second hardest position on the field to play yet mr Meaney has yet to master wing play which is a far inferior position to Fullback yet people defend him.

so he’s got no clue as a winger nor any balls about him or passing game
Oh yeh let’s put him at fullback

would love to know our games won with him there
We didn’t start actually doing anything til dwz arrived and even he has gone backwards under pay!
That's stupid mate... He's come through all his junior footy playing fullback... Wing is arguably harder than fullback in our team... Why ? Because our line speed and middle third are pure shit, which means the small bloke always has to take shit carries out of our own end. 2 big wingers and him at 1 and real forwards would alleviate issues for sure. Again I'm not saying he's the answer but your picking on him for the wrong reasons

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The 17;

1 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak Miramax
2 Nick Meaney Canterbury League Club
3 Reimis Smith Daily Press
4 Will Hopoate Sydney Freezers
14 Jake Averillo M&J Chickens
6 Kieran Foran Reliable Food Distributors
7 Lachlan Lewis Greenacre Dental
8 Aiden Tolman Hy-Tec
9 Jeremy Marshall-King Workforce
10 Dylan Napa TLH Group
11 Josh Jackson Guardian Venue Management
12 Dean Britt Dental on Evaline
13 Adam Elliott Your Property People
15 Renouf To’omaga Ultimate Security
16 Raymond Faitala-Mariner CPe Australia
17 Sauaso Sue Hitachi Cooling & Heating
19 Ofahiki Ogden Remondis

Go Dogs

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
While Best and Hoy are far more impressive, they at least play in sides that are actually coached correctly. I couldn't imagine Best performing at the same level of he was with us.
Bullshit. He'd make a great hooker under pays tutelage :tongueclosed:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wakeham was cut early from the squad last week but this week he's made it to the 19 man squad..

Any chance Pay pulls a shock move and swaps him for Lewis? Maybe it's more just cover for Foran in case he tweaks something in warmup.. It's a shame as I'd like to see Wakeham play with Foran.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The 17;

1 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak Miramax
2 Nick Meaney Canterbury League Club
3 Reimis Smith Daily Press
4 Will Hopoate Sydney Freezers
14 Jake Averillo M&J Chickens
6 Kieran Foran Reliable Food Distributors
7 Lachlan Lewis Greenacre Dental
8 Aiden Tolman Hy-Tec
9 Jeremy Marshall-King Workforce
10 Dylan Napa TLH Group
11 Josh Jackson Guardian Venue Management
12 Dean Britt Dental on Evaline
13 Adam Elliott Your Property People
15 Renouf To’omaga Ultimate Security
16 Raymond Faitala-Mariner CPe Australia
17 Sauaso Sue Hitachi Cooling & Heating
19 Ofahiki Ogden Remondis

Go Dogs
A bench of four props and no utility would be a worry. There'd be no one to replace a backline player or play hooker if JMK moved into the backline.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wakeham was cut early from the squad last week but this week he's made it to the 19 man squad..

Any chance Pay pulls a shock move and swaps him for Lewis? Maybe it's more just cover for Foran in case he tweaks something in warmup.. It's a shame as I'd like to see Wakeham play with Foran.
Do you really have to ask this question? We all know the answer hahaha :(

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nope

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That may be true but it doesn't solve our recruitment issues. Who we going to use or sign at centre now if Hoppa stays at 1? We have Schoupp who's untested and Alomati who may not be ready and Smith isn't the answer. Meaney needs to be used at 1 and if he fails there are targets worth chasing.

moving Hoppa back there (whilst it helps short term) just hinders our development as it's done the last 3 years. Hoppa and Smith were a solid right edge pairing and should never have been split.
I said in another thread I’d swap Hoppa and DWZ Reimis back to wing Harper centre but that was before I realised Harper had signed with Manly. We still need a centre either way. Alomoti is 2 years away. Happy to give Scoupp a go. Hoppa at fullback with his hands give us more attack cause he is the only one out of the 3 that can ball play.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Why is Meaney in the team. Unless he gets in the ball in clear space he adds nothing.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Thank fuck Ogden is playing. This **** is actually a very good player.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love to see an edge of RFM, Foran, Averillo with Smith or DWZ on the wing at some stage today!

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
That may be true but it doesn't solve our recruitment issues. Who we going to use or sign at centre now if Hoppa stays at 1? We have Schoupp who's untested and Alomati who may not be ready and Smith isn't the answer. Meaney needs to be used at 1 and if he fails there are targets worth chasing.

moving Hoppa back there (whilst it helps short term) just hinders our development as it's done the last 3 years. Hoppa and Smith were a solid right edge pairing and should never have been split.
Meaney has been used at fullback and failed,don’t need to go back to that well.
Only reason he is in FG is that Pay signed him and needs to save face,unfortunately Cogger has to much competition in the halves to hold down a spot.
Hoppa and Smith a solid combination????. Neither had set the world on fire or even provided a spark together.Smith finding out that centre is a lot harder than wing to play,especially in defence and no attack without better players inside.
Hoppa is the only player we have seen who has ball skills at the back to provide sweep plays and we need this for variation.

COACH coach !

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's not the final 17 just yet it won't be out till 3pm.
No, I know.. Just saying if that was the bench we'd be in trouble if there was a backline injury. Although with Averillo starting and the squad cut to 19, I don't know who the utility would be.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I know.. Just saying if that was the bench we'd be in trouble if there was a backline injury. Although with Averillo starting and the squad cut to 19, I don't know who the utility would be.
I reckon Ogden will drop out for Holland.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Meaney is evasive and good with his feet but unfortunately he's got fukk all power and is very light. Can't see him dominating games. Kinda feel sorry for him as he's a good kid and has the right attitude.