News Josh Addo-Carr and Latrell Mitchell caught breaking COVID-19 rules (now with added Nathan Cleary)

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's hard to fathom the level of stupidity and arrogance of these blokes, even if covid wasn't an issue.
Posting to social media shooting a firearm when you don't have a license is stupid beyond comprehension. Not only for the dickhead holding the firearm, but the dickhead who owns it.
Taking covid into consideration, these two have not only put the jobs of all rugby league employee's, not just players but coaches, trainers, head office staff, admin staff, but also the lives of their friends and family potentially at risk.
Why? In my opinion they perceive themselves as above the law and excempt from the rules that govern us all. Be that due to their employment as a footy player, colour of skin or culture is irrelevant, these two need to be deregistered purely based on the arrogance and stupidity they have displayed.
In comparison to CHN and Okunbur what 'the boys' have done is much worse and the potential impact much higher, they need to go.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder if there will be twenty articles about Cleary and every media member or ex player demanding he sits out a year now too?

I'm over Latrell and Addo-Carr making every single thing race related but we'll soon see if their conspiracy theories are true if there's way less backlash about Cleary's transgression.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Penrith halfback Nathan Cleary is in hot water after photos emerged showing the young gun breaking social distancing restrictions.

A day after Melbourne winger Josh Addo-Carr and Rabbitohs fullback Latrell Mitchell apologised for ignoring social distancing rules, NSW State of Origin playmaker Cleary has been caught in a storm of his own.

Channel 9 reported friends visited Cleary’s house on Anzac Day, where the 22-year-old was photographed with at least five females.

It is forbidden in NSW to gather in groups of more than two people you don’t live with. Cleary and the women in the photos were not staying 1.5m away from each other as required, either.

Under NSW guidelines, people can only leave their house for work, essential shopping, exercise, medical appointments and compassionate visits.

MORE IN SPORT

NRL star slams ‘misguided’ comments
NRL star slams ‘misguided’ comments

‘Like being stabbed in the uterus’
‘Like being stabbed in the uterus’

Nine rugby league reporter Danny Weidler said: “He (Cleary) has explained to me that they are some of his friends. They popped into his place on Anzac Day on their way to getting an Uber.

“He realised pretty quickly that this was not a situation that he should be in and after a short stay they left.

“He is very, very apologetic about what has happened. He knows he has done the wrong thing and he takes full responsibility for all of that.

“Nathan Cleary has apologised already to his teammates and the entire Penrith club.”

The Daily Telegraph reports the females are friends of Cleary’s sister, and the Panthers have reported the incident to the NRL.

Former Penrith supremo and ex-NSW coach Phil Gould tweeted: “No excuse. Serious breach. Granted Nathan says the incident was not planned, which obviously differs from the Josh/Latrell situation, however, players need to be vigilant. They need to protect themselves, their teammates, and the game. For mine, blanket penalties should apply.”

Nathan Cleary was caught in a compromising position. Picture: Channel 9

The females reportedly stayed at Cleary’s house for a short time. Picture: Channel 9
This development is just what the NRL doesn’t need after a dramatic start to the week in which Addo-Carr and Mitchell were fined $1000 by NSW Police for breaking social-distancing laws as investigations began into an alleged firearms breach.

Mitchell and Addo-Carr both apologised for a weekend gathering at a property near Taree, with Mitchell admitting the Kangaroos stars had “slipped up”. The NRL’s integrity unit will also continue its investigations, as police revealed Addo-Carr had also previously been warned for breaking the Public Health Act.

Photos posted by Addo-Carr showed the pair with 10 other men around a fire, prompting the NRL to label the pictures as “disappointing” and “unacceptable”. He was also seen shooting a gun and riding a dirt bike without a helmet, while NRL-contracted Newcastle fringe player Tyronne Roberts-Davis is seen in one of the photos.

All NRL players agreed to health and safety protocols when the competition was stopped for the shutdown.

Such behaviour from the footy trio will no doubt anger the NRL, which is attempting to convince the government it can safely resume its season on May 28, ahead of other major codes.

Proposed NRL biosecurity rules for the season resumption will make players stay home, with no visitors allowed, except when training, playing, making visits to the doctor and doing essential food shopping.

The NRL has threatened teams with the loss of points and heavy fines if any player breaks the rules, and say they will further educate players before next week’s planned resumption of training.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/611992a7e3015b65ff06f195963f6d58

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I’m consistent , Cleary should be deregistered along with the other two .
Let’s see Okunbor and chn whils I abhor what they did , it was legal .. yes they costs the dogs $2m

howver we these three doofuses .. we are in middle of a fkn pandemic which the country has to follow lockdown laws (which includes the fans ) .. the game is dying to try get back to playing so doesn’t miss out on hundreds of millions of dollars and they get embroiled in this shit , allegedly . If proven they need to get the Okunbor and chn treatment and be deregistered indefinitely

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if there will be twenty articles about Cleary and every media member or ex player demanding he sits out a year now too?

I'm over Latrell and Addo-Carr making every single thing race related but we'll soon see if their conspiracy theories are true if there's way less backlash about Cleary's transgression.
There should be. Nobody should be above the law and by multiplying the risk factor for Covid 19 spread they're all jeopardising the return of the game, but more importantly the lives of others. It's not that difficult to remain isolated for a few months. It might be boring but the sooner people stop being selfish and irresponsible the sooner the world can adopt a normal functional state. Throw the book at every one of these nitwits.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAD and Latrell are starting to look like another 2 outside backs destined to be duel internationals!

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score

there's literary, no other sports news. of course there will be

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
also, i imagine it was the chubby girl that dobbed him in

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Combine all those girls ratings and they are a collective 5 out of 10.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He should get the sack because they are all write-offs.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Problem here is Cleary is seen as one of the golden players in the NRL.

Young, rep player, skilled and his dad is a clean skin coach.

This means he will get fuck all of a punishment as he is up there with Smith and Slater who got slapped on the wrist when they screwed up. He is the NRLs golden child.

This in turn means that ADC and Mitchell will not cop large punishments as it would look stupid if they got hit with something but Cleary didn’t.

Cleary being caught out may have just saved Mitchell and ADC big time.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol! At this rate even if the nrl come back NSW might have to pick a whole different team.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
also, i imagine it was the chubby girl that dobbed him in
The closest one to camera? She's definitely worth a sausage! Not sure about the others though, pretty average.
My phone is a bit blurry, is Cleary wearing socks and sandals? Fuck me, if he got a root or two wearing that he would be the 1st bloke in history.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
The closest one to camera? She's definitely worth a sausage! Not sure about the others though, pretty average.
My phone is a bit blurry, is Cleary wearing socks and sandals? Fuck me, if he got a root or two wearing that he would be the 1st bloke in history.
yeah her, she definitely didn't get a turn