News Josh Addo-Carr and Latrell Mitchell caught breaking COVID-19 rules (now with added Nathan Cleary)

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DT reporting JAC had 2 previous Covid warnings this month .

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These 2 are fucking wombats..
There is 450+ players and even more club staff and the NRL for that matter trying to get the game on again And you have these 2 entitled pricks out shooting and having a good time .
The fucking black card shouldn’t be used just stupidity and the nrl need to punish them.
I’m am so glad we never signed Latrel he seems like trouble

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Covid19 charge will be the least of their worries.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...l/news-story/4f88542438c1b2249981a97e67385b66

Firearms charges.
Unregistered vehicles in a public area.
Driving an Unregistered vehicle.

Peter Vlandys is not happy.

While police spent the day investigating the players, a furious NRL boss Peter V’landys worked alongside the integrity unit to determine what penalties head office should hand out. It is understood all three players are facing suspensions of up to a month, or possibly two weeks combined with heavy fines.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if they uploaded them due to their needed ego dopamine fix or if they're just complete idiots and had no idea they would get in trouble.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Now being said that the gun was unregistered, if true it carries a Max prison term of up to 5yrs
They are also saying unlicensed which also carries a max term of up to 5yrs Jail
Combine them with other charges and they are in the 11yr stand down realms

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have to both cop a 6 week suspension. Anything less is not acceptable.
Do not want to see a fine without a suspension.
I wouldn’t mind if they go harder. Mitchell and Addo Carr are morons.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you're spot on here. As I type this, Fox League Live is on and they've been talking about the "race card" issue openly the whole time and again with Ben Ikin, but they've just had Mal Meninga on and not a fukking word about it. I mean of all people that would best be suited to talk about it would be Mal, a highly respected indigenous person, but nothing was mentioned.
It's definitely a taboo subject.
what are you talking about ? Just saw Meninga speak after Ikin & he spoke at great length about Mitchell & Addo Carr and Mal was livid. Said he prob won’t pick them for Australia, they should be suspended & fined. He went very heavy on them.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The covid farce-down laws are ridiculous any way if he's out in the bush with his mates it's not a big deal.
Not really. Plenty of people have elderly and sick relatives that can be put in jeopardy by stupidity like this. Given that this is a rural area where medical care is limited, an outbreak of Covid 19 could go unchecked through a large portion of the community quickly given that the potential to spread from one person is exponential, if the 12 of them present became infected because one of them had it, it's a huge source of contagious sources. They are seriously stupid. And going from a high population area where the risk of contagion is high to a relatively small population is a pointless risk. The lockdown laws are in place to give as many people that get infected a chance at surviving. These morons are putting their amusement ahead of the health of potentially thousands of people.

They're trying very hard to spin this in as positive a light as possible already with the spiel about the gathering being a cultural thing and the reasoning being that mates had mental health issues.

Every NRL player present should be deregistered, but their high profiles will probably translate into a light punishment.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have to both cop a 6 week suspension. Anything less is not acceptable.
Do not want to see a fine without a suspension.
I wouldn’t mind if they go harder. Mitchell and Addo Carr are morons.
Exactly. As a game and a country you are trying your best to get back on track. These idiots went against it.

I hope the nrl stands up and has the balls to make an example. But from what vlandys was saying he is playing it down. He basically said there was no nrl protocol broken which I guess technically is true.

I would fully support a 6 week ban, just to give them a bit of perspective that they aren’t above the law which they have both been acting like they are recently. If they walk away with a 1k fine and no further sanctions it might just be the nail in the coffin for the sport and the code for me. I wouldn’t bother with it anymore, especially after the de-registration of our boys.

Was surprised how spineless vlandys looked. Hope he gets some proper advice before announcing Just sanctions.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell "Mundine" Mitchell. Has to be the fastest climbing hated player in my books. The guy has complete fuckwit written all over him and to play the race card straight up, honestly go and get fucked!!

And don't start me on the mental health bullshit. There are plenty of fellow Aussies who are locked down at home and doing the right thing while trying to deal with their own mental health issues.

We all wish we could go out and do what we want, but the situation calls for us to isolate. We are all sacrificing family and friends to do the right thing and these guys think they are an exception to the rest of us.

All they are are a bunch of self entitled fuckwits doing what they want to do. Nothing to do with anything cultural just a bunch of blokes out drinking, shooting guns and riding bikes.

Latrell should do us all a favour and just stay in Taree permanently.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
These guys will be given leniency due to who they are and race factor.already started with minimum $1000 .thing that is no good about it is they continued on overnight and cop minimum when normal fella in same sitch be looking at max .
For all the guys doing the right thing and kids old enough to comprehend it is shamefully disrespectful .see what comes but feel be tidied up pretty well given nrl want to restart season

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
what are you talking about ? Just saw Meninga speak after Ikin & he spoke at great length about Mitchell & Addo Carr and Mal was livid. Said he prob won’t pick them for Australia, they should be suspended & fined. He went very heavy on them.
The taboo subject wasn't raised with him though, that's what I'm talking about.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Mail's not aboriginal, otherwise agree with the general sentiment
Granted, but not too dissimilar in regards to what his people went through. Regardless, he's been an advocate and role model for the indigenous people playing the sport. I think they should have gotten his view.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When you combine arrogance, narcissism and stupidity, this is what you get.

And the league is trying to convince us they can lockdown every player at the same time in order to restart the season....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Latrell "Mundine" Mitchell. Has to be the fastest climbing hated player in my books. The guy has complete fuckwit written all over him and to play the race card straight up, honestly go and get fucked!!

And don't start me on the mental health bullshit. There are plenty of fellow Aussies who are locked down at home and doing the right thing while trying to deal with their own mental health issues.

We all wish we could go out and do what we want, but the situation calls for us to isolate. We are all sacrificing family and friends to do the right thing and these guys think they are an exception to the rest of us.

All they are are a bunch of self entitled fuckwits doing what they want to do. Nothing to do with anything cultural just a bunch of blokes out drinking, shooting guns and riding bikes.

Latrell should do us all a favour and just stay in Taree permanently.
Have to agree but wasn't it Addo Carr that played the race card? They should've just 'manned up' and admitted they were wrong. Going down the 'cultural' route really has put them in the middle of it and the NRL is a difficult spot. Would imagine they'd come down hard on them for this.

Time will tell though. Hope it costs them their Australian jerseys and a lot more.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is dumb, it is selfish and inconsiderate and it's moronic to post it on social media. But it's also a massive overreaction like there is to everything these days. That's what happens when there's nothing else to report or talk about.

But the fact remains they were irresponsible and have been warned to not do things like this. They should get a fine that goes towards Covid relief and miss a few games but not much more.

One thing is for sure though, those two aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and if they keep playing the race card over every situation then they'll risk alienating themselves from everyone in scenarios where race has nothing to do with it. Latrell and Fox are making it impossible to defend or support them.

Last edited: