Jayden Okunbor to appeal NRL deregistration for schoolgirl sex scandal

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The reason for the severity of the offence was because it was plastered all over the media. Neither the girls, nor their parents wanted to press charges, and it could have been contained in house with fines or suspension; but the nature of social media is such these days that the club knew it had to report to the NRL, or face something far worse if a cover up was exposed.

How it was released to the media would be an interesting piece of detective work; but the court of public opinion has always demanded a heavy price be paid by the Bulldogs. Coffs Harbour will never go away in the minds of the media - they are still seething that their accusations and "facts" were dismissed by the courts.
There’s no mystery as to how it leaked and came to the club’s attention.
At least one of the girls shared her exploits on social media and one or more of her ‘friends’ shared it from there.
It’s yet another example of how sad this need to ‘share’ and be validated is.
Social media is a sewer that does more harm than good and I’m glad not to use it.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s no mystery as to how it leaked and came to the club’s attention.
At least one of the girls shared her exploits on social media and one or more of her ‘friends’ shared it from there.
It’s yet another example of how sad this need to ‘share’ and be validated is.
Social media is a sewer that does more harm than good and I’m glad not to use it.
Think you make a very good point about social media mate and one that gets continually lost to all of us. Perhaps this point is a little off topic but don't think the dangers of social media, especially amongst our children, can be emphasised enough.

The problem is that it's become an addiction. An outlet that replaces healthy communication and positive approaches to problem solving with quick fix short-term solution

Imo we're so quick to call out teen behaviour on social media without realising the mechanisms behind it. The picture on the surface is one thing, but below it goes much deeper. Our youth is being let down imo.

This video really explains it well I think. Much better than me anyway :

Last edited:

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t want to debate which is worse or if you don’t believe the lockdowns and the virus is real or not but what are people’s thought on the breaking of the isolation Law by Josh Ado Carr, and Mitchel. As this is being treated as a health crisis and wether you believe or not would have placed peoples lives at risk.
Should they be sanctioned, sacked or just spoken to to behave in future?

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t want to debate which is worse or if you don’t believe the lockdowns and the virus is real or not but what are people’s thought on the breaking of the isolation Law by Josh Ado Carr, and Mitchel. As this is being treated as a health crisis and wether you believe or not would have placed peoples lives at risk.
Souths player and Melbourne player ? nothing to see here!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They should be fined based on social distancing guidelines like anyone else in the community who breaks isolation rules.

I doubt there's scope to sack them in any code of conduct for this, nor do I think their clubs will sanction them as they were on leave and not representing their clubs during the breach.

They certainly don’t get any points for the complete lack of brains they showed and may face 14 day isolation.

Update: they’ve been fined $1000 each.
Apparently NSW Police are also looking into a matter about an unlicensed gun - that potentially changes the game.

upload_2020-4-27_21-16-26.jpeg

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Canterbury players would get the sack!

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They broke the law.... all good.... nothing to see here....

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With the NRL doing everything in its power to assure the Government and fans that it can continue to play in a safe environment, with these two idiots going totally against everything the NRL are trying to do, isn't that bringing the game into disrepute like CHN and JO? Oh, just remembered.... they're not Bulldogs players. Carry on, nothing to see here!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Basildog why are you so confused?
Whether I believe the virus is real or not for starters..? Forget the 2 dickheads that many on here said we should sign that yet again have thumbed their nose at the rules and everyone else.

Seriously, if anyone is about to start a conspiracy theory on here that the virus is bogus etc blah blah.. FMD

Oh, and the excuses offered for what they did is “It was a cultural gathering,” he said. “Learning about our land and our culture, learning how to hunt, live off the land.”

Really?

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jaydens got buckleys chance of re-registration this year or next... CHN would be the one more likely to be re-registered first out of the 2..

I think longterm both will be allowed to be re-registered pending conditions but it wont happen before season 2022 at least..

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury players would get the sack!
These two so called professional athletes have absolutely disregarded the rules and have snubbed any hierarchy or authority
It was very convenient that they did not ask for permission or seek advice from their respective clubs before taking off
They know the answer would be a big fat no.
I hope that it’s not swept under the carpet by those concerned

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly don't care. Think people on here get way too caught up with what's happening at other clubs and what other players are doing. I couldn't give two shits.

Shouldn't you make this comment in a general thread though? I don't really see how it's connected to JO in the slightest .... People will connect your comments to comparing 'crimes' and punishments again ... and we both know what happened last time when you said you never intended that.

Just saying like

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whether I believe the virus is real or not for starters..? Forget the 2 dickheads that many on here said we should sign that yet again have thumbed their nose at the rules and everyone else.

Seriously, if anyone is about to start a conspiracy theory on here that the virus is bogus etc blah blah.. FMD

Oh, and the excuses offered for what they did is “It was a cultural gathering,” he said. “Learning about our land and our culture, learning how to hunt, live off the land.”

Really?
I agree with you

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jaydens got buckleys chance of re-registration this year or next... CHN would be the one more likely to be re-registered first out of the 2..

I think longterm both will be allowed to be re-registered pending conditions but it wont happen before season 2022 at least..
What are you talking about? This is a thread about Josh Ado Carr and Mitchel. We're discussing the merits of potentially fining / punishing them. Go to the JO thread to post such things please ;)

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I vote suspend the idiots for the season.
I want dickheads on notice.
I want the players to fear losing their paychecks.
I Just want to watch some footy!

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ado Carr is a great footballer but do we need a bloke that potentially could give us some bad press

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well anyone that says the Club or NRL were correct in suspending JO and CHN need a lesson in the law of torts. First year law will tell you that people going about their daily life should act reasonably. Lord Dening in the House of Lords talked of the duty of care owed by the reasonable man...the man on the Clapham omnibus. No more no less.
How is this relevant? The facts in this case are that the girl WAS NOT attending the training session. The players owed a duty of care to the participants but NOT to other members of the community who could of been present. The girl...a member of the community and another girl from the community approached the players seeking sexual gratification.
In this day and age of social media young women are sexual predators.
While the Club may not of wanted the players to indulge females in the community on this trip did they inform the players of this wish? Even if they did, is this wish realistic given the freedoms fought so hard to protect by our servicemen and women in the past?
JO and CHN need to be reinstated immediately, otherwise the Club may as well start arranging the marriages for the entire playing group because obviously players contracted to Clubs in the NRL have no right to decide who and when they sleep with a woman in the community otherwise.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well anyone that says the Club or NRL were correct in suspending JO and CHN need a lesson in the law of torts. First year law will tell you that people going about their daily life should act reasonably. Lord Dening in the House of Lords talked of the duty of care owed by the reasonable man...the man on the Clapham omnibus. No more no less.
How is this relevant? The facts in this case are that the girl WAS NOT attending the training session. The players owed a duty of care to the participants but NOT to other members of the community who could of been present. The girl...a member of the community and another girl from the community approached the players seeking sexual gratification.
In this day and age of social media young women are sexual predators.
While the Club may not of wanted the players to indulge females in the community on this trip did they inform the players of this wish? Even if they did, is this wish realistic given the freedoms fought so hard to protect by our servicemen and women in the past?
JO and CHN need to be reinstated immediately, otherwise the Club may as well start arranging the marriages for the entire playing group because obviously players contracted to Clubs in the NRL have no right to decide who and when they sleep with a woman in the community otherwise.
Lol fool