Jayden Okunbor to appeal NRL deregistration for schoolgirl sex scandal

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only ones bringing in the racism angle are the idiots who are falsely accusing this incident of playing into racism.

Latrell hasn't brought up racism neither has ado Carr but the ones who want them to stay in their place and be quiet are already trying to triviliaze racism by making an absurd link to this event.
What a load of crap. So you are suggesting I am trivalilazing racism?? WTF. So let me get this straight.

They knowingly break the law, potentially put others lives at risk, and jepodise the return of their sport and livelihood.

Then, when busted roll out dribble about it being a cultural event to explain why.?

So, if any one challenges that “they” are racist??

Fuck.. ok I am racist then.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a load of crap. So you are suggesting I am trivalilazing racism?? WTF. So let me get this straight.

They knowingly break the law, potentially put others lives at risk, and jepodise the return of their sport and livelihood.

Then, when busted roll out dribble about it being a cultural event to explain why.?

Racist. Not racist. I'm not here to label players or supporters in any way.

What I will say is that Addo Carr came out with statements about the incident where he apologised. Put his hands up. Said he was wrong.

Less than an hour later he's then claiming it was culture related. If it was indeed culture related. If they had indeed gone to the bush to get back to their roots. Then it would've been the first thing that came out of his mouth. But it wasn't.

And honestly ... it doesn't matter. Saying it's got something to do with culture makes not bit of a difference in my mind. There's no loopholes to these laws. It's the world we live in where there's a standard everyone needs to accept and adhere to. Everyone of all races, religions, colours, professions has to live by these laws and to class yourself as different because of any of those is plain wrong.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only ones bringing in the racism angle are the idiots who are falsely accusing this incident of playing into racism.

Latrell hasn't brought up racism neither has ado Carr but the ones who want them to stay in their place and be quiet are already trying to triviliaze racism by making an absurd link to this event.
Nobody has used the term racism; however by using the excuse of getting back to their cultural roots they are stretching that boundary.

There was nothing cultural about what was ordinary male bonding. Dirt bikes and firearms cross all cultures. I know some elders, and I've done proper cultural stuff - and it is very much different. No guns, no alcohol, strict discipline, walking the land; and a lot of listening to stories and staying silent while learning. Music and dance - sure; but not ripping up the land on destructive bikes, or shooting at empty beer cans.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Wasn't really directed at you. I was reading the other thread on this forum and then read this thread and replied to it.

Latrell has trivialized racism by comparing him getting caught to people being at the beach.

But others (not you in the other thread) have also trivialized racism by taking the opportunity to link latrells triviliazation of racism to other legitimate cases which have nothing to do with this.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't really directed at you. I was reading the other thread on this forum and then read this thread and replied to it.

Latrell has trivialized racism by comparing him getting caught to people being at the beach.

But others (not you in the other thread) have also trivialized racism by taking the opportunity to link latrells triviliazation of racism to other legitimate cases which have nothing to do with this.
Fair enough.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nobody has used the term racism; however by using the excuse of getting back to their cultural roots they are stretching that boundary.

There was nothing cultural about what was ordinary male bonding. Dirt bikes and firearms cross all cultures. I know some elders, and I've done proper cultural stuff - and it is very much different. No guns, no alcohol, strict discipline, walking the land; and a lot of listening to stories and staying silent while learning. Music and dance - sure; but not ripping up the land on destructive bikes, or shooting at empty beer cans.
That's what I thought too (that nobody used racism) but sancho said latrell did. I looked it up, latrell made some kind of comparison where he supposedly copped more criticism because he's aboriginal than what people at the beach at coogee did.

Screenshot_20200429-081139_Chrome.jpg

So yes completely 100% agree that latrell is wrong in this instance. This has nothing to do with racism.

However others (in the other thread) have also taken this opportunity to smear other cases of racism and that latrell uses the victim card all the time.

The last time latrell called out racism was when he was receiving all types of racist comments to kill himself on social media. So those people linking this to all other times latrell called it out are trivializing it.

And lastly latrells fucked for even trying to play the racist card in this incident. It isn't.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
That's what I thought too (that nobody used racism) but sancho said latrell did. I looked it up, latrell made some kind of comparison where he supposedly copped more criticism because he's aboriginal than what people at the beach at coogee did.

View attachment 14684

So yes completely 100% agree that latrell is wrong in this instance. This has nothing to do with racism.

However others (in the other thread) have also taken this opportunity to smear other cases of racism and that latrell uses the victim card all the time.

The last time latrell called out racism was when he was receiving all types of racist comments to kill himself on social media. So those people linking this to all other times latrell called it out are trivializing it.

And lastly latrells fucked for even trying to play the racist card in this incident. It isn't.
Story today on 9 news says Latrell is saying he was fined more than kleary because he's indigenous.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Nathan Cleary was fined because he is Indigenous. It is a racist conspiracy.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Story today on 9 news says Latrell is saying he was fined more than kleary because he's indigenous.
Already called it out. Latrell is being an idiot and it has nothing to do with that. But however this incident doesn't downplay other issues.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

You are 100% correct - I worked with a high profile elder ( now deceased) across a number of issues during the 90s - he predicted this type of "excusing" back then and became increasingly disillusioned by the militant hi jacking and undermining of genuine efforts/ programs / to improve the quality of opportunity and outcomes. His main point was that lowering the standard or expectations was destructive - the more he argued the less opportunity he was afforded within politics of the day.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Apparently he has "liked" many comments in social media which are pointing directly at the whole thing being race related.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/phil-g...ing-over-what-happens-next-for-latrell_290420
Mitchell has passively pushed claims that he has been mistreated on the basis of race after he hosted a group of friends and relatives on his property outside Taree for a weekend camp-out, in clear breach of the government's COVID-19 enforced health regulations.

Although he apologised for his actions via a video he shared on Instagram, Mitchell used the same platform to 'like' a series of posts from supporters claiming the subsequent reaction from the media, NSW police and NRL was an example of racial vilification.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently he has "liked" many comments in social media which are pointing directly at the whole thing being race related.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/phil-g...ing-over-what-happens-next-for-latrell_290420
Mitchell has passively pushed claims that he has been mistreated on the basis of race after he hosted a group of friends and relatives on his property outside Taree for a weekend camp-out, in clear breach of the government's COVID-19 enforced health regulations.

Although he apologised for his actions via a video he shared on Instagram, Mitchell used the same platform to 'like' a series of posts from supporters claiming the subsequent reaction from the media, NSW police and NRL was an example of racial vilification.
I am so happy we did not waste our cap on that Mundine clone lazy prick..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because he omitted to tell anyone about the video he should be ashamed of himself. His reasoning " they didn't ask me about anything except photos" but he knew he had been involved in it and lied by omission....Did he not realise that people would see the video??? Must live his life at break neck speed to have accomplished all he did in the TEN minutes the girls were there.

Last edited:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously...why are we even debating whether what Mitchell has said is racist?Thats far from the point. While we can rightfully argue the merits of the restrictions to freedom imposed by a code of conduct preventing players the freedom who they fuck and where...Okky and CHN....theres no debating the effect of breaking a government imposed social lockdown in order to prevent spread of a pandemic. Mitchell and Carr broke the law AND jeopardised the return of the NRL.

So comparing the 2 incidents....which one broke the law, involved a serious firearm incident and has potential season ending ramifications? I say that because the Mitchell Carr incident piles on with any other potential incidents to prevent a return of NRL. Kid yourself not...given another serious breach the premiers will disallow the return of the NRL.

Is a Code of Conduct meant to protect the game or not?

If so which breach of a Code of Conduct should of seen contracts torn up? Okky and CHN or Mitchell and Carr?

Put another way...if Mitchell had signed with Dogs would his contract have been terminated for this breaking of the law and serious breach of a player code of conduct?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because he omitted to tell anyone about the video he should be ashamed of himself. His reasoning " they didn't ask me about anything except photos" but he knew he had been involved in it and lied by omission....Did he not realise that people would see the video??? Must live his life at break neck speed to have accomplished all he did in the TEN minutes the girls were there.
He's lucky that none of these girls were of school age - could you imagine the emotive "schoolgirls!!" headlines?

I think our players have a good case now to appeal for re-registration after the wet lettuce these guys have copped - at a time when the country is trying to stop unnecessary deaths by asking people to self isolate; especially when the NRL laid out a strict policy on this matter- and said any punishment would be severe because it jeopardised the future of the game.

Superstars vs rookies. Who should be held to the higher standard?

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the Club needs to get more involved in the appeal process and show that they acted poorly on this episode.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the Club needs to get more involved in the appeal process and show that they acted poorly on this episode.
While I agree this is what they should do, I just think they would end up getting more of our team de-registered with their track record of bending over.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's lucky that none of these girls were of school age - could you imagine the emotive "schoolgirls!!" headlines?

I think our players have a good case now to appeal for re-registration after the wet lettuce these guys have copped - at a time when the country is trying to stop unnecessary deaths by asking people to self isolate; especially when the NRL laid out a strict policy on this matter- and said any punishment would be severe because it jeopardised the future of the game.

Superstars vs rookies. Who should be held to the higher standard?
Yeah friends of his younger sisters. Hope it was the older sister of the two or some under age drinking will have been on the menu....

The wet lettuce comment reminds me of that from Allo Allo but in that case it was wet celery used for a rather inappropriate purpose...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously...why are we even debating whether what Mitchell has said is racist?Thats far from the point. While we can rightfully argue the merits of the restrictions to freedom imposed by a code of conduct preventing players the freedom who they fuck and where...Okky and CHN....theres no debating the effect of breaking a government imposed social lockdown in order to prevent spread of a pandemic. Mitchell and Carr broke the law AND jeopardised the return of the NRL.

So comparing the 2 incidents....which one broke the law, involved a serious firearm incident and has potential season ending ramifications? I say that because the Mitchell Carr incident piles on with any other potential incidents to prevent a return of NRL. Kid yourself not...given another serious breach the premiers will disallow the return of the NRL.

Is a Code of Conduct meant to protect the game or not?

If so which breach of a Code of Conduct should of seen contracts torn up? Okky and CHN or Mitchell and Carr?

Put another way...if Mitchell had signed with Dogs would his contract have been terminated for this breaking of the law and serious breach of a player code of conduct?
I guess it depends whether or not the corona virus guidelines discussed by the NRL heirachy form part of the code of conduct.The NRL were pretty plain in stating that players must abide by the guidelines and the law or the return of the game would be in jeopardy and that punishment would be severe.

They are lucky that all this is being fully discussed this Monday when I am quite sure the line in the sand will be well and truly drawn as to what is considered proper or not.....SO in saying that, the next player, or group of players ,that step out of line will not be as fortunate as the three who have already been punished in a way that many consider " favourably" because they are high profile and are important to their clubs..
I liken it to the parent that continually warns their child that repercussions for their disobedience and poor behaviour will be the subject of a very painful lesson to be learned but then the parent does not follow through with the repercussion.
Kids will see what has happened and will be led to understand that degrees of punishment are not given out on the offence rather than how it will affect the chances of the NRL having all star players on deck ...