Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That's about where I'd put it. I enjoyed it. Not a great movie but it was enjoyable.

Have you seen "Ready or Not" yet?

Very similar with Samara Weaving in it as well. I enjoyed it. It feels like it's done by the same director (couldn't be bothered looking)

Same style of semi-serious horror with black comedy thrown in. Except in this one she's the good guy trying to survive.
Hmmm... I haven’t heard of it. Is it on Netflix? If so I’ll definitely look it up.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm... I haven’t heard of it. Is it on Netflix? If so I’ll definitely look it up.
No idea. I watched it on a plane. Back when flying was still a thing.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Only Mine

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9271164/

Tormented and left for dead by a scorned lover, a woman finds the strength within herself to recover and retaliate against her abuser.

This is based on a true story. Julie Dillon gets pulled over by a cop. Her seductive good looks result in the handsome cop (David) letting her off with a warning. He later visits her in the diner she works at, and they connect. Within days they are dating. One night while babysitting a friends child, she realises that David is controlling and abusive. She ends the relationship, then has to deal with his dangerous side. He starts playing mind games on her and she ends up fearing him. He eventually follows her and rams her car off the road. He takes her to a point in the mountains where he basically tells her that if she doesn't get back to him, he'll kill he. After a short chase in the woods, he shoots her twice. He believes she's dead. A few days later he goes back to see her, but realises her body is gone, and he thinks she's escaped.

I'll leave the rest up to you.

6/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Death Race

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452608/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Ex-con Jensen Ames is forced by the warden of a notorious prison to compete in our post-industrial world's most popular sport: a car race in which inmates must brutalize and kill one another on the road to victory.

The first movie starring Jason Statham and Tyrese Gibson before the Fast & Furious franchise, 2 prisoners compete in a race with 7 others to receive freedom. The prison system is now privatised, and the race is televised by people buying subscriptions to it. With both men realising that they will not win the race as the prison warden will rig the race to ensure they both die, they plot a way to escape from the prison while the race is underway.

Not a bad movie, it has one of those twists at the end of it which I love.

8/10.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Annabelle comes home sucks so much arse.

0.5/10

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Escape from Pretoria.
This follows the story of Tim Jenkin. He's a white South African who was imprisoned for working with the ANC in 1978.

This was based on real events and it's a pretty compelling story. If you need a lot of action this might not be the movie for you. If you want suspense, again maybe not the movie for you. The title really gives away the ending. But I found it pretty enjoyable.

7/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Annabelle comes home sucks so much arse.

0.5/10
I love horror movies. Do you notice whenever a horror movie is on the guys always laugh at the scenes girls scream at? :tearsofjoy::sob:

That movie was pretty lame, and that dork that tried to serenade the blonde was so socially awkward, I almost felt sorry for him.

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

upload_2020-4-20_9-23-26.jpeg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

A teenager becomes a major competitor in the world of drift racing after moving in with his father in Tokyo to avoid a jail sentence in America.

Probably the most remote movie within the franchise, Sean Boswell, a trouble teen from Arizona moves to Tokyo after getting involved in an illegal street race in Arizona which causes major damage to houses under construction. In Tokyo, Sean has no problem fitting in, quickly making friends with Twinkie and Neela, however, falls into debt as Han, a local protection enforcer, loans him a car for a drift race which Sean badly damages. After running with Twinkie and Han doing several little jobs with them, Sean becomes Hans partner. Han admires Seans ability to stand up to DK (Drift King) whom humiliated Sean in the earlier drift race. As a result, Han accepts Sean into his crew and gifts him a Lancer Evo VIII. After business deals go sour, and Neela, DK's girlfriend, dumping him, things hit a rocky road. DK's right-hand man and Han both die in an accident, and Neela is forced to go back to DK. Sean proposes to a Japanese Yukuza member that he and DK have one final race with the loser leavin Tokyo.

Different movie for the F&F series, however as I love JDM and Japanese culture, as well as the nicest blue and orange S15 I've ever seen, I'll give this one a good rating.

8/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Furious 7

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2820852/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Deckard Shaw seeks revenge against Dominic Toretto and his family for his comatose brother.

Yes, it was definitely an F&F weekend for me with the 1-7 in the franchise hitting Netflix over the weekend.

Prior to 7, 5 was my favorite in the series. Keyword - was. This one has it all. Fast cars, hot girls, great locations, adrenaline-running action scenes, and of course, thanks to Tyrese, great comedy. Dominic Torreto and his crew head to the Middle East to save a kidnapped computer hacker, then use her talents to find an elusive former British Intelligence assassin, the man who killed their Friend Han in Tokyo. Now, if people take this movie's physics seriously, you will be disappointed. The Fast and Furious movies are great mindless action movies, and that's what they should be enjoyed for. If you can taken them for that, you'll enjoy them. This was Paul Walker's final appearance in the franchise, and it was great from start to finish.

10/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Code 8

upload_2020-4-20_9-44-56.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6259380/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A super-powered construction worker falls in with a group of criminals in order to raise the funds to help his ill mother.

Well I decided to watch Netflix's #1 movie in Australia over the weekend. Generally, I'm not into Sci-fi. In this movie, a fictional futuristic city known as Lincoln City has android robots as police officers, and 'powered' humans as working. The powered citizens are people who have had their disabilities replaced with mechanical parts making them more talented, however highly resented in society.

Connor Reed gets involved with a criminal organisation to try and get money to fund his mothers cancer operation. He's willing to go to the ends of Earth to help her, but those involved in the business put their needs ahead of their own, and Connor must work with those whom he trusts and respect to try and get what he needs. It's a race against time, and living in a heavily dictatorship-like city doesn't help things. How will things turn out for Connor? Well... I'll let you find that out.

6/10

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Conanthebarbarian.jpg
Conandestroyer.jpg

Went back to some old classics and rewatch Conan the Barbarian and Conan the Destroyer last night. Still enjoy watching them even though I have seen them many times since I was a kid. Gave me a bit of nostalgia especially hearing the epic soundtrack of both movies. Big fan of Arnold and a big fan of Fantasy so these movies are always a favorite of mine.

The main theme just makes me want to go on a crusade lol.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Lionel Essrog is a lonely private detective who doesn't let Tourette's syndrome stand in the way of his job. Gifted with a few clues and an obsessive mind, Lionel sets out to solve the murder of Frank Minna -- his mentor and only friend. Scouring the jazz clubs and slums of Brooklyn and Harlem, Essrog soon uncovers a web of secrets while contending with thugs, corruption and the most dangerous man in the city.

The strengths of this period drama come from the great cinematography as well as colour palette to match the bleakness of the setting.

Competent direction from Ed Norton (who also wrote/produced and starred) impressive performances from most involved, especially Alec Baldwin make this a noir thriller a notch above the standard fare.

My gripes came with the pacing and length, but aside from that I found it quite engaging.

3.8/5

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Code 8

View attachment 14564

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6259380/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A super-powered construction worker falls in with a group of criminals in order to raise the funds to help his ill mother.

Well I decided to watch Netflix's #1 movie in Australia over the weekend. Generally, I'm not into Sci-fi. In this movie, a fictional futuristic city known as Lincoln City has android robots as police officers, and 'powered' humans as working. The powered citizens are people who have had their disabilities replaced with mechanical parts making them more talented, however highly resented in society.

Connor Reed gets involved with a criminal organisation to try and get money to fund his mothers cancer operation. He's willing to go to the ends of Earth to help her, but those involved in the business put their needs ahead of their own, and Connor must work with those whom he trusts and respect to try and get what he needs. It's a race against time, and living in a heavily dictatorship-like city doesn't help things. How will things turn out for Connor? Well... I'll let you find that out.

6/10
I liked it but it was very derivitive. Felt like I was watching a bunch of different movies I've seen before.