Movie Discussion

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen casualties of war or Kokoda. I might have to watch them. I'm not really all that keen on war movies either. As you say they're generally all pretty similar.
People might not like Mel Gibson or think he is a bit of a loon but i really liked We Were Soldiers.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People might not like Mel Gibson or think he is a bit of a loon but i really liked We Were Soldiers.
Yeah that wasn't a bad movie. Platoon was another one I thought was good since I've been thinking about it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm finished watching once upon a time in Hollywood.
Not sure how I feel about this one from the master.

Last 20 minutes it kicked into gear but felt like he was a little off in making this one.

Again another Aussie character in the movie.
He is obsessed with Australia and our accent.
What Aussie was in the movie ?

OUATIH I saw twice.
It's a really good movie and is a period piece l, designed to take you into life in 1969 Hollywood. It's a 'feel' movie. That's why there's a lot of long drive scenes. You're meant to be propelled into that era.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Who doesn't like him?
He's one of the most aware actors in Hollywood. Knows exactly what's going on. Our man inside.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
2B8ABE1A-E767-443C-BEC2-F240B40A3446.jpeg
K Since it's timely I rewatched this highly underrated B movie;

Sharlto Copley (nice guy from South Africa that was in District 9) wakes up in a large pit full of dead ***** and does not remember how he got there. In a panic he cries for help before a woman throws a rope down into the pit, allowing him to climb and escape.

The man eventually finds his way to a house and discovers 5 people there straight up. A mute Asian who doesn't understand English, a German man and three Americans, none of whom can remember his or her identity, although they do soon realize that they can remember other aspects of their former lives (such as the ability to speak other languages).

After long arguments about who is to blame they eventually stumble onto their identities. The man, who has no ID, is called John Doe, the German is Lukas, and the other three are Sharon, Nathan and Michael. There are no documents for the mute. Lukas continues to be hostile toward John especially when the group uncovers a picture containing all of them, with the exception of John. A nearby calendar hints that something is going to happen in two days (on the 18th), but there are no notes to indicate what.

The next morning the group explores the surrounding area. John and Sharon stumble across a locked shelter. Inside is a child who refers to John as Jonah and is clearly terrified of him. The child refuses to answer any questions and Jonah is forced to flee.

Meanwhile, Michael hears screams in the background and follows them until he finds a man trapped in barbed wire. The man is heavily covered in cuts, bruises, and sores. He begs Michael for help, but when he goes to help, the man violently attacks Michael and he soon dies of his wounds.

Jonah suffers numerous flashbacks of violence toward people including slamming someone's head against a wall. He and Sharon come across a group of individuals chopping wood and the pair are forced to flee when the woodcutters give chase. Despite catching up with Jonah and Sharon the group gives up chase when they spot dead bodies hung from a tree.

Nathan gets attacked by a group of people in a zombie-like state, but manages to survive.

An increasingly ill Lukas stumbles across a video camera that contains clips of Jonah conducting medical experiments on him and others. In the clips, Jonah explains that the vaccine does prevent the infection spreading, but has the unfortunate side effect of rendering the recipient unconscious for several hours, lowering the pulse to just 30bpm, and causing temporary memory loss upon being awakened.

Lukas confronts Jonah and knocks him out, binding his hands and throwing him back in the body pit. Jonah escapes again, and while trying to drive as far away as he can, Jonah encounters the child from earlier and three others who are trying to escape. They abandon their car for another. They are adamant that his name is Jonah and that he is a dangerous man before driving away. Jonah explores the abandoned car, discovering a medical kit, documents addressed to him, and a photo of him and Sharon confirming the two knew each other previously.

Jonah finally has flashbacks that confirm his identity as Dr Jonah Cooke and that he was trying to cure a plague with the help of the rest of the group who turn out to be his medical team.

Jonah regains focus just in time to see a car hurtling towards him that is driven by a now nearly fully infected Lukas. Jonah manages to convince Lukas of what is happening, but the German dies before a life-saving injection can be given from a cooler containing vaccine that was in a nearby abandoned car and that was supposed to be delivered to the military.

As Jonah is driving back to the house to inform the others what is happening, his car runs out of gas as dawn approaches. Back at the house, the mute is hiding while Nathan and Sharon have now both fully regained their memories. Suddenly, the house is surrounded by a large group of the infected, and in desperation Sharon writes a letter to Jonah that explains what has happened and what the solution is.

She reveals that the mute is the key to survival as she is immune to a virus that has wiped out most of the world's population; that Jonah was the leader of the medical team that was trying to prevent it spreading and, if possible, cure the currently infected. Lukas had become infected a few weeks before the events of the films and Jonah had injected everyone with the vaccine just before he awakened in the pit at the beginning of the film.

The dawn of the 18th breaks and Nathan recalls that it was the date that the rescue team was due to come. Those zombie-like infected surrounding the house suddenly are all shot dead and everyone else seems safe. Nathan wanders outside the house and thanks the person or persons who saved his life. However, the soldier gets orders to leave no survivors. Nathan suddenly finds himself surrounded and then shot to death while Sharon and the now returned Jonah watch.

When trying to escape, Sharon is stabbed in the back by an infected woman.

With very few options available to them, Jonah decides that the only way to escape execution is if he and Sharon were to take the vaccine again, thus appearing to be dead until the soldiers disappear. They climb back into the pit of bodies from the beginning of the film and Sharon gives Jonah the letter she wrote earlier, telling him that he must remember.

Jonah passes into unconsciousness and the letter falls from his grasp. When he awakens later, Sharon has now died from her wounds although Jonah doesn't know who she is. The mute throws down a rope to allow him to escape. As his memory recovers, he and the mute start a journey to an unknown location. It is revealed in the note that the mute is the source of a cure, as her blood is immune to the infection. Finally, Sharon states a message for Jonah "my love, I remembered everything, we were both doctors on the verge of finding a cure for an awful plague that cast the world into darkness, the mute woman is the answer, her blood is immune to the virus you must protect her, you will find death and madness everywhere, but you have to fight to finish what we have started. we have no time Jonah, there are still people waiting to be saved, I know your memory will come back soon, when it does remember I love you".

The film ends with the pair coming across another pit of bodies that stretches for several miles.

9/10

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What Aussie was in the movie ?

OUATIH I saw twice.
It's a really good movie and is a period piece l, designed to take you into life in 1969 Hollywood. It's a 'feel' movie. That's why there's a lot of long drive scenes. You're meant to be propelled into that era.
Margot Robbie, she played Sharon Tate and Damon Herriman who played Manson.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Margot Robbie, she played Sharon Tate and Damon Herriman who played Manson.
Oh yeah I know that. Think there may have been a third too. I thought Abo was talking about an actual Australian character in it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw @Abu Azrael and@matstsadogg Tarantino is actually a MASSIVE Aussie movie fan.

I can prove it.

did you know? Death Proof was inspired by Aussie car movies like mad max. He explicitly says it on the extras DVD that he was sick of car chases being stylish through the streets of cities and he was blown away by the 80s Aussie grindhouse movies that brought the viewer into the car with the character.

Also,'watch this interview where he goes through his fav movies;

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 14323 K Since it's timely I rewatched this highly underrated B movie;

Sharlto Copley (nice guy from South Africa that was in District 9) wakes up in a large pit full of dead c*** and does not remember how he got there. In a panic he cries for help before a woman throws a rope down into the pit, allowing him to climb and escape.

The man eventually finds his way to a house and discovers 5 people there straight up. A mute Asian who doesn't understand English, a German man and three Americans, none of whom can remember his or her identity, although they do soon realize that they can remember other aspects of their former lives (such as the ability to speak other languages).

After long arguments about who is to blame they eventually stumble onto their identities. The man, who has no ID, is called John Doe, the German is Lukas, and the other three are Sharon, Nathan and Michael. There are no documents for the mute. Lukas continues to be hostile toward John especially when the group uncovers a picture containing all of them, with the exception of John. A nearby calendar hints that something is going to happen in two days (on the 18th), but there are no notes to indicate what.

The next morning the group explores the surrounding area. John and Sharon stumble across a locked shelter. Inside is a child who refers to John as Jonah and is clearly terrified of him. The child refuses to answer any questions and Jonah is forced to flee.

Meanwhile, Michael hears screams in the background and follows them until he finds a man trapped in barbed wire. The man is heavily covered in cuts, bruises, and sores. He begs Michael for help, but when he goes to help, the man violently attacks Michael and he soon dies of his wounds.

Jonah suffers numerous flashbacks of violence toward people including slamming someone's head against a wall. He and Sharon come across a group of individuals chopping wood and the pair are forced to flee when the woodcutters give chase. Despite catching up with Jonah and Sharon the group gives up chase when they spot dead bodies hung from a tree.

Nathan gets attacked by a group of people in a zombie-like state, but manages to survive.

An increasingly ill Lukas stumbles across a video camera that contains clips of Jonah conducting medical experiments on him and others. In the clips, Jonah explains that the vaccine does prevent the infection spreading, but has the unfortunate side effect of rendering the recipient unconscious for several hours, lowering the pulse to just 30bpm, and causing temporary memory loss upon being awakened.

Lukas confronts Jonah and knocks him out, binding his hands and throwing him back in the body pit. Jonah escapes again, and while trying to drive as far away as he can, Jonah encounters the child from earlier and three others who are trying to escape. They abandon their car for another. They are adamant that his name is Jonah and that he is a dangerous man before driving away. Jonah explores the abandoned car, discovering a medical kit, documents addressed to him, and a photo of him and Sharon confirming the two knew each other previously.

Jonah finally has flashbacks that confirm his identity as Dr Jonah Cooke and that he was trying to cure a plague with the help of the rest of the group who turn out to be his medical team.

Jonah regains focus just in time to see a car hurtling towards him that is driven by a now nearly fully infected Lukas. Jonah manages to convince Lukas of what is happening, but the German dies before a life-saving injection can be given from a cooler containing vaccine that was in a nearby abandoned car and that was supposed to be delivered to the military.

As Jonah is driving back to the house to inform the others what is happening, his car runs out of gas as dawn approaches. Back at the house, the mute is hiding while Nathan and Sharon have now both fully regained their memories. Suddenly, the house is surrounded by a large group of the infected, and in desperation Sharon writes a letter to Jonah that explains what has happened and what the solution is.

She reveals that the mute is the key to survival as she is immune to a virus that has wiped out most of the world's population; that Jonah was the leader of the medical team that was trying to prevent it spreading and, if possible, cure the currently infected. Lukas had become infected a few weeks before the events of the films and Jonah had injected everyone with the vaccine just before he awakened in the pit at the beginning of the film.

The dawn of the 18th breaks and Nathan recalls that it was the date that the rescue team was due to come. Those zombie-like infected surrounding the house suddenly are all shot dead and everyone else seems safe. Nathan wanders outside the house and thanks the person or persons who saved his life. However, the soldier gets orders to leave no survivors. Nathan suddenly finds himself surrounded and then shot to death while Sharon and the now returned Jonah watch.

When trying to escape, Sharon is stabbed in the back by an infected woman.

With very few options available to them, Jonah decides that the only way to escape execution is if he and Sharon were to take the vaccine again, thus appearing to be dead until the soldiers disappear. They climb back into the pit of bodies from the beginning of the film and Sharon gives Jonah the letter she wrote earlier, telling him that he must remember.

Jonah passes into unconsciousness and the letter falls from his grasp. When he awakens later, Sharon has now died from her wounds although Jonah doesn't know who she is. The mute throws down a rope to allow him to escape. As his memory recovers, he and the mute start a journey to an unknown location. It is revealed in the note that the mute is the source of a cure, as her blood is immune to the infection. Finally, Sharon states a message for Jonah "my love, I remembered everything, we were both doctors on the verge of finding a cure for an awful plague that cast the world into darkness, the mute woman is the answer, her blood is immune to the virus you must protect her, you will find death and madness everywhere, but you have to fight to finish what we have started. we have no time Jonah, there are still people waiting to be saved, I know your memory will come back soon, when it does remember I love you".

The film ends with the pair coming across another pit of bodies that stretches for several miles.

9/10
Could you give a bit more information about this movie please. I'm pretty sure you left out the music sheets for the soundtrack. And when you talk about the hole the guy woke up in, you never discussed whether there was a high clay clay content in the soil or whether it may have been a sandy loam. What did they serve the actors from the lunch wagon onset during production. PLEASE give us some details.

Just in case you aren't getting my point I'm accusing you of not giving a spoiler alert before writing a detailed plot synopsis.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Btw @Abu Azrael and@matstsadogg Tarantino is actually a MASSIVE Aussie movie fan.

I can prove it.

did you know? Death Proof was inspired by Aussie car movies like mad max. He explicitly says it on the extras DVD that he was sick of car chases being stylish through the streets of cities and he was blown away by the 80s Aussie grindhouse movies that brought the viewer into the car with the character.

Also,'watch this interview where he goes through his fav movies;
Yeah I knew about that. He also loves VB beer. It's not watered down like the American beers.

A

Alexander the Great

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Could you give a bit more information about this movie please. I'm pretty sure you left out the music sheets for the soundtrack. And when you talk about the hole the guy woke up in, you never discussed whether there was a high clay clay content in the soil or whether it may have been a sandy loam. What did they serve the actors from the lunch wagon onset during production. PLEASE give us some details.

Just in case you aren't getting my point I'm accusing you of not giving a spoiler alert before writing a detailed plot synopsis.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

Lol yeah I think I got a bit carried away.
Once I start typing ..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Coffee & Kareem

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9898858/

Twelve-year-old Kareem Manning hires a criminal to scare his mom's new boyfriend - Police Officer James Coffee - but it backfires, forcing Coffee and Kareem to team up in order to save themselves from Detroit's most ruthless drug kingpin.

So we have a bumbling, hopeless, but ethical cop teaming up with a fat kid who aspires to be a rapper. This movie is rated MA for a reason. It is slapstick comedy at it's finest, however does have some very funny moments in it. If you can look past the heavy coarse language and crude humor, you may enjoy this. Set in Detroit, Michigan, it was never going to be glamorous, but it was certainly a lot darker than I was expecting.

Put it this was, I'm glad I watched the movie, it's good for laugh, but it's probably towards the bottom of my favorite comedy movies. The trailer is worth a watch to get more of an ideal feeling as to what it's like.

6/10.

Last edited:

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched an excellent movie yesterday called The Hunt, haven't seen it advertised or even a trailer but have to definitely recommend it, if you like action, comedy you'll like this.
It might be a straight to DVD movie, but in saying that I think it's too good or someone thought it wasn't going to make money on it, go onto streamm4u and it's there.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's one that I recommend you all read below.

The Grindhouse Double Feature (2007)
Fake trailers+Planet Terror+Fake trailers+ fake ads+ Death Proof

Directed by;
Robert Rodriguez
and Quentin Tarantino
Ft:
Eli Roth, Rob Zombie
and a few other guest stints

I was fortunate enough to get a bootleg copy of this from some riz selling it from his takeaway shop.
The story to this is the directors above teamed up to recreate a dirty, 70s grindhouse experience.
Three hours long and quite simply the greatest movie experience you'll have.
There's fake trailers with famous stars such as Nicolas Cage, directed by famous horror directors like Rob Zombie, and subtle pisstake ads that cracked me up hard. Such as one @Abu Azrael style diner and images of sloppy food like a bad local forster tuncurry ad etc.
One of the game trailers, Machete, became a full movie in itself later on!

you have probably heard about Planet Terror and the Australian QT homage Death Proof as longer, individual movies, One has Mike, a stuntman, killing women using his car; the other has a bunch of people fighting for survival against the flesh-eating zombies. but as ok average as those movies were, this wasn't the intended experience, they were combined under one title.

Upon release, audiences loved it but was hard to schedule what is basically an all night event,
So Harvey Weinstein sniffed an opportunity based on the star directors and split them up and released them separately to try and double revenue.
Business genius but it killed the product.

I assume it's still out there to be downloaded, you must see it!
Has everything from girls getting legs cut off and the stub fit with machine guns, nazi werewolf sex, a bitch landing her moot on a knife, the black eyed peas lead singer getting eaten alive, recycled actors, lesbians and XXXX beer.

Grindhouse (combined with trailers)
10/10

I'd rate 11 if I could, wahesh would kill me but.
839EAD8C-E7E2-43E5-83A3-40A5E59EAC2B.jpeg

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Kidnap

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1458169/

A mother stops at nothing to recover her kidnapped son.

Another thriller movie. This time, if you hadn't already guessed it, a kid is kidnapped and is going to be, it appears, held for ransom. Most of the film is a car chase. Unable to shake her off, there's a point in the movie where a Police bike gets involved. Considering that this bike is involved in a car chase, you can imagine it will not end well. A potential exchange then looms. They are willing to give the lady her son back for $10,000 which is what they were going to hold him for ransom. This seems a little low right? That's because there's more to it.

I won't ruin the ending for you, but it's a pretty good thriller movie with Halle Berry showing that a woman will stop at nothing for her child(ren).

7/10.