Movie Discussion

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Victoria has activated a state of emergency, making it illegal to have more than 500 in the same place at the same time (excluding public transport/travel) and making the breach of 14 day isolation a criminal offence.
Never seen that movie... ;)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've seen all of the purge movies, a good idea but I can take them of leave them personally
I wish all the purge movies were a little more real.

Why do they all go straight for the death angle?
Literally everyone outside wants to kill.

I don't think humans are that vicious on a 0-100 scale.
Last week I was upset at Slovak Steve but ddI I want to kill him? No. Chop a pinkie off at best.

The youbiys guy who tries to be me. Hate him. But do I want him dead? No way. If we had the purge I'd just tie him up and piss on his face and leave him tied there so the urine dries in.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm trying to remember the TV show that had that purge idea in it. I'm thinking Firefly but it may have been another show. Was just a single episode where they went to a town or planet or something where 1 night a year everyone would go all out.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Annabelle Comes Home

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8350360/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

While babysitting the daughter of Ed and Lorraine Warren, a teenager and her friend unknowingly awaken an evil spirit trapped in a doll.

Another movie I wouldn't mind getting @The_Chimpster's views on. I love watching scary movies simply for the comical part of it. This movie was the 3rd in the Annabelle franchise. You can tell when it's dark and silent that something scary was going to happen, like a screaming face appearing or something to that tune. This movie was no different. The story behind it that one of the girls tries to contact her father who died in a car accident in which she was driving, and does so in the house of Ed and Lorraine Warren (both of whom were Paranormal Investigators in real life). She takes Annabelle (the doll) out of a protective glass casing and that's when things go pair-shaped for them.

I remember back in 2005 Robert De Niro was in a movie called "Hide and Seek" which was supposed to be very scary (which I found to be hilariously funny), and this movie was about on par with it. A good movie to laugh at... although ladies might want to watch it with someone.

6½/10

A

Alexander the Great

Hmmm finished watching once upon a time in Hollywood.
Not sure how I feel about this one from the master.

Last 20 minutes it kicked into gear but felt like he was a little off in making this one.

Again another Aussie character in the movie.
He is obsessed with Australia and our accent.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hmmm finished watching once upon a time in Hollywood.
Not sure how I feel about this one from the master.
It was total shit. So over hyped.

They gave Brad Pitt best supporting actor Oscar, as they felt sorry for him as he hasn't won an Oscar before.

I was robbed of a few hours of my life & my money for the ticket & snacks.

A

Alexander the Great

He has dropped the ball on this one. Most disliked movie he has made for me.

Comparing to Pulp, the bills and reservoir dogs way off....
It was total shit. So over hyped.

They gave Brad Pitt best supporting actor Oscar, as they felt sorry for him as he hasn't won an Oscar before.

I was robbed of a few hours of my life & my money for the ticket & snacks.

A

Alexander the Great

Did you guys pick up on the dirty feet in the show? Fucking odd

Reactions: Kaz

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This movie came with some pretty good reviews. It was well made and had some decent scenes in it. But I was a bit annoyed about a couple of contrived things within the film.

To an extent I saw it trying to borrow themes from Saving Private Ryan and Gallipoli, both of which I think are better movies. I didn't find this very exciting. And as mentioned a couple of things within the movie tried to evoke a bit of emotion but left me wondering if they needed to be in it.

Overall I think the movie was a bit average considering the good reviews it got.
6/10

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This movie came with some pretty good reviews. It was well made and had some decent scenes in it. But I was a bit annoyed about a couple of contrived things within the film.

To an extent I saw it trying to borrow themes from Saving Private Ryan and Gallipoli, both of which I think are better movies. I didn't find this very exciting. And as mentioned a couple of things within the movie tried to evoke a bit of emotion but left me wondering if they needed to be in it.

Overall I think the movie was a bit average considering the good reviews it got.
6/10
I generally find war films quite boring, regardless of the war. The exceptions are the ones that re a bit different/controversial - like Full Metal Jacket and Casualties of War. Although I did like Kokoda as well.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you guys pick up on the dirty feet in the show? Fucking odd
Yep noticed that myself, thought it was a just because of them being hippies but Margot Robbie had dirty feet too.

Tarantino's foot fetish is pretty well known.
Like it's a bad thing lol. He would have loved it in Dusk Til Dawn when he sucked on Selma Hayek toes.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I generally find war films quite boring, regardless of the war. The exceptions are the ones that re a bit different/controversial - like Full Metal Jacket and Casualties of War. Although I did like Kokoda as well.
I loved full metal jacket just because of R. Lee Ermey.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't seen casualties of war or Kokoda. I might have to watch them. I'm not really all that keen on war movies either. As you say they're generally all pretty similar.